Notices

Fifty Shades of Mystic Okra

Old 04-11-2015, 07:36 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

AO-enjoy the red rocks. When we were out in Vegas, we really enjoyed it. If we go back to Vegas, we will be spending much more time there. Is an absolutely beautiful area. We also spent some time in Death Valley, which was also extremely beautiful. If you have the chance to go to Death Valley, there is so much to do, you could spend days there.

Sending hugs your way Robby and Cow.
Old 04-11-2015, 08:15 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

A Band with roots in my Hometown at The Neon Museum in Las Vegas.

Good Title. Pertinent Lyrics.

'Wake Me Up' ~ Evanescence Live In Las Vegas

A walk across the 'new' Bridge in front of Hoover Dam was memorable. Semi Trucks vibrate it. Not for the squeamish.
-

-
Old 04-11-2015, 09:52 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, mystic okra pals)

Robby, Cow - Sorry to hear about your medical problems. I have my own share of medical issues and it always freaks me out to go for tests. It's these situations when I feel most hopeless. Like I don't understand what's going on inside me. Part of me is for some reason acting against me.

Sending your super-positive vibes. Get well soon!

MesaMan - Another great pic.

I sorted out a couple of my finances-related issues. So I could forget about it for a couple of hours and enjoyed immensely boxing competition at our gym.

My trainer asked me to sit next to him at the judges' table to help to announce and award competitors (many of them are my boxing buddies). So I had best view of all spectators!

Feels sooo good to get our my head of constant worries and feel life again which is beyond debts/banks/creditors.

Have a good weekend, everyone!
Old 04-11-2015, 10:11 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Robby,

that stuff you were saying was just incredible, just incredible. It should be required reading for anyone who suffers. and who doesn't from time to time? I will be going back over it, gleaning it for it's many truths and insights.

midnight,

I am glad you are experiencing some of the good stuff. I know things are hard, but you are clearly a fighter.

Cow,

It's also good to hear from you. I think robby has things to say to you. perspective in the midst of acute trials.
Old 04-11-2015, 10:28 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Thumbs up

Thanks guys.

You're like a one army fan club AG.
No worries. Thank you, friend.
Old 04-11-2015, 10:39 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( ((((ROBBY))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) ))))

You are unbelievable. Unbefreakinglybelievable. You make me feel like NOTHING is impossible. What a testimony you are to LIFE and LIVING.

I hope, so much, that you can feel the energy I am sending to you.

Heal our dear, dear friend. HEAL.

XO AO
Old 04-11-2015, 10:41 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Thumbs up

((((Alpha)))
I feel all the good lovin'
Thank you, friend. Awesome.
Old 04-11-2015, 11:28 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Wow, Mesaman, what a pic! That would give me the heeby geebies. I'm a bit phobic of walking across bridges over large spans of water.
Old 04-11-2015, 11:34 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

MesaMan,

the dam probably enjoys those semi truck massages.
Old 04-11-2015, 02:06 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  

I agree with Leshar about walking the bridge. That would also give me the heebie jeebies with the trucks vibrating it.
I was supposed to cross the Royal Gorge Bridge on my bike a couple years ago, but it didn't happen since the surrounding area and the bridge caught on fire. I was actually relieved I didn't have to cross it since all I could think of was the cross winds. I still have no desire to cross that bridge walking, or on a bike.
Old 04-12-2015, 10:57 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Good heavens you people are slackers! I need reports and I want to see them when I get back this evening (if I'm not in jail). No alcohol will be involved, just feeding the hungry and doing what we can to find shelter for some of Reagans Refugees. In my city, we now have 58,000 people who have no place to sleep. This is those for whom there are no shelters available. This is up from the 43,000 just q few months ago.

So, after I go see some art down south of here, I'll be back home and helping feed our mentally ill. Maybe this is a little close to the bone for me.

The weather is perfect.

so, how about you guys?

(((((Robby)))) I hope you're feeling better physically. And thank you for setting the standard for sober for the rest of us!

Much love, my darlings!

LeeLee

PS. We are all very blessed. I got you guys. This means a lot to me
Old 04-12-2015, 11:21 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Sorry, guys, to bring dark shades of our mystic okra.

But I am deeply depressed today.
Old 04-12-2015, 11:35 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Whatsamatta, MBlue?
Old 04-12-2015, 11:36 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Hi Lenina,

Pretty unchanged day to day now. I'm starving for some real food, you know, steak, pizza, burgers, fries, hahaha. Yeah. Real food.

I'm not worse, and certainly better than last week. I'm grateful. Should hear back on those biopsies next week. Otherwise they'll make me come down there. They don't want that!! Seriously!! Don't make me come down there!! LOL

Hey Midnight, sorry to hear depression is playing you bad today. I wish it wasn't so. You know, you're all that and more, okay? It would be cool if we could just think our way out of hurt, eh?! Too easy.

I hope it passes asap, MB.
Old 04-12-2015, 11:40 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

pizza does sound good, 'bot. Hawaiian pizza. MMMMMmmmmm.
Old 04-12-2015, 11:48 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

It's gotta have dbbl cheese and extra sauce. And extra large, MMMMmmm.
Stuffed crust too. YEAH!!
Old 04-12-2015, 12:04 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Robby - Hope you will be able to enjoy some fantastic pizza as soon as possible. I once had pizza with 7 (!) sorts of cheese. It was in Naples, Italy. And it was greeeaat.

Trach - The same financial issues. Seems like my financial house of cards decided to collapse at every corner. Today I realized that I ended up with the only one pair of jeans, and since I put on some weight while been sick, I can fit into then. So, I spent about 1 hour figuring out what to put on for a walk on this gorgeous sunny day, didn't find anything, and spent the rest of the day at home.

Seems like every time I think I hit my rock bottom, I manage to drill through that rock and go deeper.

Probably, not the end of the world, but.... The mere idea that tomorrow I will have to spend another hours trying to find something to wear which won't make me feel ashamed...ehhh...let's say "not encouraging".

Hate the life at he moment. Sorry. "Little things" can poison life big time.
Old 04-12-2015, 12:17 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Yeah clothing is important. When I quit I was broke. I did my clothes shopping at an outlet of the Salvation Army. Can you believe I still have a button down shirt from back then? (1981)

I know when depression plays it don't take much to take a ride down the rabbit-hole. Even though we intellectually know different. Weird enough, eh?

Sorry you're hating whatever just now. That hurts too. I know that. Hate is such a traitor to us. It's no friend of ours, right?

Hey 7 cheeses!!! And in Naples!!
Awesome times Midnight.
Old 04-12-2015, 12:35 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

blue, get out. Of the house. Doesn't matter what you wear. You need the fresh air, and sunshine. Not fashion anxiety. wear sweats. go.
Old 04-12-2015, 12:45 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Thanks for your words, Robby.

Hatred is no friend, of course, only for long time it's been wearing a mask of some perverted well-wisher who doesn't hesitate to point me out some "flaw" just for me to be "humble" and beat myself up for constant improvement.

And I do miss some regular food too. My teeth have been giving me hard time for quite a while. And though I am recovering from this issues too now, still hurts to chew anything harder than cottage cheese. And I need meat and other proper nutrition because of anemia. So I am not eating baby food to at least get some nutrients.

I think I am out of habit chewing properly by now - I've been swallowing food like those geese fed to get foie gras.

Naples...I got very mixed impressions. Quite dirty and noisy. But trip to Pompei was amazing. And since it was drizzling a little bit, I was the only one tourist who agreed to go. So it was only me and the guide walking there. I had all that ancient town to myself.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
100_0342.JPG (92.4 KB, 166 views)