Notices

Hen House Talk With All Our Friends - Part 30

Old 07-05-2012, 02:02 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

I took my clonidine at 3:00 and went to bed. I laid there a few minutes and then it was like my body went into overdrive with buzzing energy. My legs started going nuts. I got out of that bed as fast as I could. I got dressed and then I went thru the two doors to get outside as fast as I could. I walked around outside for a little while and then came back in to keep from being covered in bugs. Don't want to have to take another shower.

I was sitting here trying to log in and had to get back up because of my legs. I just stood in one place and moved my feet up and down like I'm walking in place. After 10 minutes of that. I'm sitting here again. They haven't completely stopped but I couldn't stand up anymore.

It usually takes the clonidine an hour to kick in good. So I'll give it some more time then try to go back to bed. That means I'll get back in bed just about the time they start crowing. Jethro leaves for work at 8:30, so I'll probably go down to our bed after he leaves. Maybe I'll get some sleep doing that.

From up all night!
TOD
Old 07-05-2012, 05:01 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

Good morning HH.

(((Lenina))) Thanks for the info. I have a Salvation Army thrift store not to far from were I live. I can live without a TV for now, but when Football season gets here you bet your last dollar I'll have a TV. On G's plan, not mine.

(((chicory))) Do you know what I had for breakfast this morning? Scramble eggs with grilled burger with sharp Cheddar cheese melted on top of the eggs and burger. Have a nice day at work today.

(((TOD))) It usually take me 7 to 10 days to get the other engine running, if you know what I mean. So tell (((Jrthro))) to be patient...lol. As for the RLS, make some ice packs and wrap them around your knees before hitting the hay. The cold packs takes your mind off your uncomfortable RLS at least until you fall asleep.

(((Amy))) I'm so happy you had a great time and got a chance to watch the fireworks. I'm glad you got out of yourself for a few hours from being grumpy.

(((Lola))) Welcome to the Hen House.

Hugs to all
TB
Old 07-05-2012, 05:34 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  

I'm giving my feet a treat this morning. I'm soaking them in something call Revitalizing Foot Bath. Relieves itching, burning and tired feet. Softens hard skin, corns and calluses. Foot soap, please take me away...lol.

TB
Old 07-05-2012, 07:11 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Do anyone know who Joey Chestnut is? Joey Jaws Chestnuts just won his six straight title. Can anyone figure out what he is a champion at? You will be amazed what this guy do.

Finish soaking my feet. Feel so good. Now I'm going to put on Gold Bond Ultimate healing skin therapy cream. It has vitamins A, C & E. In a couple of days am going to have nice soft feet. No more stinky socks and shoes...lol.

Love ya'll
TB
Old 07-05-2012, 10:47 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  
Chief Officer of Misbehavior

TOD- Sorry to hear about your rls. I had some last nite as well. Wound up taking half a pill at midnight & a quarter of a pill at 6am. Nothing else has happened yet. Hang in there.

TB- I havent a clue who that is. Sorry.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:47 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hi KM: I think what happened with the sleep problem last night IS? While watching the show Unneccessary Roughness. I must have dosed off a bit, because Jethro would say something to me and I'd realize I was asleep. LOL This probably gave me the boost of energy from lack of sleep as well as the cereal I had. I have been staying awake and doing my housework during the early morning hours for a long time. So trying to get my mind and body accustomed to the different times and schedules. It's literally screaming at me - Are you F'ing crazy!!!!

TB: You are sooo funny! Jethro isn't having a problem with my engine! Silly! He has NEVER liked having me "sleep" in any other place than curled up beside him. He tells me all the time it makes him feel better knowing if something happens I'll be right there beside him. He won't have to wonder where to look for me if theres a fire in the house, a robbery, etc. That's what he is upset about. And he sure has the protection to take on anthing or anyone that tries to come in. That engine to engine hookup can happen anytime, anywhere. :rotfxko

Are your cats trying to tell you, you need to do something about your stinky feet? LOL I don't have any of those problems you listed. Probably due to what I use in my hair. When it is rinsed out, it ends up on my feet which helps to keep them soft and smooth.

As for a TV. At the walmart we use here. In the back layaway area they will put used, brought back TV's back there on display at a very reduced price. We've gotten three flat screens at a very reduced price that has nothing wrong with them. People buy them for the big game or whatever and then bring them back. Walmart cannot sell them as new because the box has been opened. We've also gotten two laptops by talking with the guy that works in the department. There are bargains to be found if you know how to get them. Jethro is the BEST at jewing someone down on a price. LOL He has saved us hundreds.

Lenina: That TV you mentioned! We have one of those in our livingroom sitting behind the large flatscreen we have now. It's being used as a weight to keep the flatscreen on the board slid underneath it. LOL It weighs as much as a fridge for sure.

Love ya'll
TOD
Old 07-05-2012, 02:39 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  

TB: Is Joey Jaws the person who won the hotdog eating contest??? I saw a headline that a record was broken yesterday.........just a wild guess. (BTW .... those are really disgusting to watch live.....)

TOD: You sound great! You have the best attitude about getting things taken care of........it's amazing......

I am beyond tired today; just couldn't sleep last night and then when I did was having all sorts of crazy dreams. Must have eaten something I shouldn't have before going to bed or something. Got up early this morning anyway - so predict an early crash and burn tonight. Just need to hang in there until 9pm or I will mess up my newly imposed schedule.

So Amy.....what is the next fun thing on your agenda? I have this index card taped inside my medicine cabinet right above the toothpaste that reads...."So, what fun thing do you have scheduled for today?" In big bright RED letters so I can't miss it. I don't always manage much but I have been making sure I am always thinking about it! Now I get to bug you about it too....gently and with all good intentions!
Old 07-05-2012, 02:45 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Ok so I didn't sleep until 6am. Woke up at 1pm. I dragged myself into the shower. Today was the first day I could shower without sitting on something. I then went for broke and put my makeup on & went out to the store with my poor husband. He has taken care of me for the last 2 weeks. Not to mention the 4 kids and the house. Our kids are 2, 5, 6, & 10. The boys who are 5 & 6 are also autistic. The oldest more severe, the youngest mildly. I dunno how he does it. He is a really good guy. I most likely don't deserve him. But enough of my whining. It was 105 degrees here in Chattanooga. I felt every degree of that. I made it through the whole store without having to sit down more through sheer stubbornness than anything else.

But hey, I made it. Its almost 6pm and so far none of my WD symptoms have returned. I feel really good today (hahaha). I am still very weak, but I want my life back. I've basically been completely uninvested from my family for a few years because of ongoing gyn issues. I want a life that means something.

Anyway, how is everyone else???
Old 07-05-2012, 03:25 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Next thing on my list is the wedding. Found out today that "no one is dressing up, it's going to be too hot and they're all wearing shorts, jeans, capri's, etc.". Don't care, still wearing my dress and it will be fine. Not sure what time we're leaving - some time tomorrow morning, will be back on Sunday.

I'm looking forward to the motel room with a/c turned as low as it will go and the indoor pool. I am also going to see about going back over to T's house, and swim with her and the kids soon. The neighborhood pull is between her house and the lake...totally cool.

Got my hair cut this morning, guess when sm and brat were there not long ago getting their hair cut, sm was pretty out of it. Nothing I can do about it, am going to focus on school stuff.

Oh, 3 weeks no ciggies We won't even TALK about the weight, but I'm giving myself a break on that this weekend since we will be on the road, in a motel and there is some kind of shin-dig after the wedding. If my darned ankle would stop hurting so much, I'd be in the basement walking on the treadmill (nice and cool down there) but it hurts too much.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 07-05-2012, 03:36 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

For all of us suffering in the heat! It's 106 in the shade here.

KM: I don't have anymore opiates to take to help with sleep needs or RLS. I do however have valium for dentist appts. I took three last night and a stronger dose of clonidine to try to get some sleep. I guess something finally kicked in after I got up and went to our bed. Because I started off laying there wiggling like a worm on a hot pavement. When I woke up it was around 1:30. I feel back asleep and got up at 3:00. That's been my usual time schedule for some time though. So my body has some adjusting to do in all categories. But I'll keep plugging away at trying to get there.

I know what you mean about doing the stand up and sit down shower time. LOL But at least we get clean. It sure makes me feel better. I probably need to take the stronger clonidine in the beginning here to get some sleep. It just takes me awhile to get the drug out of my system when I get up. But it's no big deal really. I don't work and don't have to be anywhere. I'm a 100% DAV, as well as a 23 year retired Sargeant from Army National Guard. This is why you'll see some call me Sarge at times.

Cangle: Oh I have a drive like you wouldn't believe. And this is why I say this. Here I am almost 3 days w/o the opiates. Jethro has me contacting the pharmacy today to get his opiates refilled. I told him! I understand you may not have a problem taking them, but I damn sure do. I don't want to be on these things! Would you please keep your pills in places I suggested that I never venture into. (His shop and the cat room)! I love cats from a distance. There is a person on SR that is able to take her perscribed amount w/o any problem. I read her story a few years ago. I guess Jethro is the same way. Some ppl just don't get addicted to them. Like I've said! The only reason I want any of the opiates is due to this back pain. Once I get the procedure done I might not have anymore pain and that will be more of an incentive to stay off of them. As for the dental procedures. I've had every tooth in my mouth root canaled. Some of them I didn't have opiates to take for. So I'll cross that road when I get it.

Amy: There are storms moving into the area for the next few days. Hope it doesn't rain on the wedding, but bring cooler weather for all of ya'll. As for your weight! You have lots of room to fill out a little bit. Don't be worrying about it. Might get some bumper fill in. I've seen you in person, remember? You are worrying about nothing.

Love ya'll
TOD

News: A 17 year old teenager took 300 bottle rockets and set them under a tin can. He lit them and was killed from the bomb it created.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:44 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Amy- I feel you about the weight. About 5 years ago I lost from 230 down to my current weight of 145. It was the hardest thing I've done in a long time. My husband is like this crazy ripped, fitness nut. I kept feeling so insecure whenever we went out because I was this huge blob next to this hot guy. Ugh. So I feel you.

Go easy on yourself. You're gonna look fabulous at the wedding, probably sweaty, but fabulous nonetheless. Sorry about your ankle. The heat probably aggravates it, too.
Old 07-05-2012, 04:06 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  

(((cangel))) You got it. Can you believe he eat 68 hot dogs with the buns in 10 minutes.

I don't know whats up with my computer tonight, but its given me all sorts of trouble.

Much love
TB
Old 07-05-2012, 04:09 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

My Bad! It was sparklers, not bottle rockets the guy used to make a bomb. They taped the sparklers together and lit the fuse. They tried to put a bucket over it before it was going good. It was two 17 yro friends. Still a horrible thing to happen to someone thinking they are having fun.

Our little bunny was back in the tomato enclosure again. I just sprayed him good to give him the incentive to get out of there.

Amy: As much trouble as you've been having with that ankle. It might be broke. Don't forget what Kelsey went thru? She thought her's was sprung and it ended up broke. I know you can't afford to go to a doctor so go buy you a foot brace that supports the ankle.

KM: I'm 5'7 and at 220 pds. I've got a lot of muscle to go with it though, so I don't look real heavy. I commend you and your husband for taking such good care of your children. And hubby for standing on the block to take over while you recover.

I also had a complete hysterectomy a couple years back. I had to fight for a year to get mine though. It's a long story involving the VAH not wanting to let me get it done.

Love ya
TOD
Old 07-05-2012, 04:11 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

TB: You need to get Jethro to walk you thru cleaning your computer. It will help with the stuff you need to get rid of that's probably slowing it up.

Love ya
TOD
Old 07-05-2012, 04:40 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

We are under another severe weather alert. All furbabies are in, no rain or wind yet, but it's supposed to be heading this way.

I did talk to my dr. about my ankle but I don't want to pay for x-rays and whatever. I guess I'll get back with her after the wedding. It's just weird - it didn't start hurting until I stopped working...it's worse with rest, but then hurts to walk on it so I don't know. All mom's family has/had bad arthritis so that's why I'm thinking it's that. My 2 uncles had hip replacements, aunt Phyllis had bilateral TKRs at the same time as well as back surgery.

I'm totally not feeling very motivated so really need to do something. Getting a test out of the way would be a good start.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 07-05-2012, 05:02 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  
Dopeless Hope Fiend

I just want to stop in and say hi. Coming out of several crisis...fire, carwreck....a llittle domestic dispute that left holes in the walls and my heart.....FOCK!!!

I am at the Kaladi Brothers Cafe by my new place. I moved into a tiny apt that feels something like a cell sometimes..I have it pretty nice inside but its just hella old and I am depressed as he!!. So depressed I don't even want to die my ROOTS...

I HAVE to get rid of my cat. NO CATS where I live...I am just sick about it. I know there is a no kill shelter on the other side of town. I can't believe I have to loose her too right now. Shoot now I am sitting her crying in the coffee shop....no internet or tv at my place right now.
living on little right now..but I am alright..god has always come through for me. I have some pretty incredible support people in my life.

I have to go puke now with the whole cat issue. Pray for me my peeps...I need ya now!!
Old 07-05-2012, 05:09 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Norty: :ghug3

Love ya
TOD
Old 07-05-2012, 05:12 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

((((norty))))

What happened? You were doing so well! Try to remember this too shall pass. Is this just a temporary move? Any chance someone can take care of your cat until you're in a better place?

Stick close with us girlie!

Much much love from your

'Nina
Old 07-05-2012, 05:27 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  

((Norty)) - Lots of love and prayers heading your way.

Storm is moving in, looks bad, and have lost power once already.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 07-05-2012, 05:57 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  
Dopeless Hope Fiend

Its ok..I am in the same place...its just a very hard adjustment for me. Tiny spot ..different side of town...and I am freakin about my cat right now. Still doing what I need to to maintain sobriety ....I just Freakin HATE it sometimes .
I am in the HOOD..gunfire at night and lots of police somenights..Alaska can be like the wild wild west I tell ya...SO I just come here to my little internet cafe ..where people are bookish and quiet..its a nice escape right now..

Just feelin some stuff right now so don't anyone feel like they need to fix ok??? I just need to talk sometimes and be cared about. thats all..I can't walk around saying the things that I can say here...thank you guys..