Notices

Hen House Talk With All Our Friends - Part 30

Old 07-08-2012, 12:34 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

This is what the two tents looked like after the limbs and tarps were cleared away. And Martha Mae was in the middle of this mess.

Love ya'll
TOD
Old 07-08-2012, 02:08 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Checkin in. It's been hot and stormy lately. I drove up north quite a ways with a friend and we took his boat out on a lake. I brought Taz too. He enjoyed himself. I guess I did too.

Welcome to the HH ((Lola)).

((Amy)) - Wedding looks awesome. Brit is very pretty.

((TOD)) - Hope your tent is too much of a hassle to fix...looks like a few storms we had here lately.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:14 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  

((TOD)) - Glad Martha Mae was okay, but that sure made a mess!!

We are home, Mots was hollering the loudest when we walked in. Had to put dad/sm in timeout as an argument was getting very, very nasty and there was no where I could go unless I wanted to bail out of my car. Turned up the volume on my mp3.

NY stepsister has had some abormal test results, she hasn't talked to me in a ages so I was only hearing one side of the conversation. Though I sincerely hope it is nothing bad, she and sm are talking about her dying.

It was mostly a good weekend, but I got just enough "me time" that I really, really miss it and want it. Will ramp up the job application stuff and say a lot of prayers.

Will start a better routine tomorrow for eating healthy, spending x-amount of time applying for jobs, and x-amount of time on school stuff. At this point, I could care less about doing anything but chillin' out so am going to find Elvis again.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 07-08-2012, 04:40 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  

(((TOD))) Wow, what a mess! So glad no one was hurt!

((chicory)) Thanks for the dance! That's just what I needed to see after my night out. I cannot believe people think sitting in a bar is a good time. The dinner was good. The pie after was great but dang! The beer bar was boring beyond belief. And the bands were just terrible! loud, no sound balance, shrieking for singing! It was all just a big roar of sound and annoying as all get out! I ordered a diet coke which was plunked down in front of me with a glass, ice or nothing, LOL We stayed until our friend did his set and then left.

I have to say, I never was a bar person. There was a certain irony in punk bands being my age and maybe older. LOL That part amused me. I think I'm done socializing. LOL We didn't get home until after 2:00am. I am actually anxious to get back to work this week!

((((Cangel))). it's clear and sunny here today, but it was around. 62F last night. I was freezing on the way home.

((((Amy))) Glad you're home, that the wedding was fun and you aren't engaging in the sm/dad dysfunction.I bet the cats missed you like mad! poor FuzzyB is not doing well at all. I think tomorrow a vet trip is needed. I'll call in the morning. maybe an iron shot will be enough.

(((j bird))). Thanks for checking in. glad you had fun with Taz and got some time for yourself to enjoy.

I hope our strays check in soon!

Much love from Lenina
Old 07-08-2012, 05:37 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

Was the site down? It took me forever to log on. Hi all, I'm back. Damn computer, its fix now thanks to one of the guys from the fellowship that came over and look at it. It was over heating, you know why? The inside was full of cat hair. The fan that cools the computer was pack with cat hair.

I'm tired, I had a full day. After this morning meeting I went to an awesome fellowship BBQ. I had a great time.

(((Amy))) Beautiful pictures of the wedding. I'm glad you had a great time.

Everyone, I miss you. Love you.

Hugs to all
TB
Old 07-08-2012, 05:40 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  

((((T Buster)))). thanks for checking in! we missed you! glad the computer fix was an easy one and you're up and running again!

Love to you!!

Lenina
Old 07-08-2012, 05:41 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  

(((TOD))) Holly smoke, no one got hurt...Right.

Love ya
TB
Old 07-08-2012, 05:51 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  

(((Lenina))) Dog on computers. You can't live with them, and you can't live with out them...lol.

Love ya
TB
Old 07-08-2012, 06:53 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

TB: Jethro's back, knees, shoulders, etc. is killing him from doing all the cleanup. But none of us were around it when it happened. I was sitting in the smoke room here when it happened. I didn't hear A THING!! It was pouring and there is a tin roof on this room. Martha was stuck underneath all that for a couple of hours. Jethro heard her raising hell when he got home from work. Believe me! I've bitcheddd many a time about the noise this tin roof produces when it rains hard. But the big kids had a blast catching crickets that had hid under the tent when it started storming.

HOW many times have I reminded everyone on here to clean your vents and fans on your computers and AC intakes if you have furbabies? You NUT case! LOL But we are glad to have you back with us.

You also had me puzzled over your post starting with dog on computers. I went back to read the posts again and then I realized what you were saying. LOL Dog gone it!

I pushed myself thru getting all the kids crates cleaned as well as the pit crew. It wore me out. Jethro was at my sister's house helping her BF fix her car. So I didn't want him to have to do the crates too. He has gone to Chilis to pick up steak dinners for us tonight. So I'll be around later.

Love ya'll
TOD
Old 07-09-2012, 02:20 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  

(((TOD))). Once youve finished the physical detox, do you have a plan for going forward? You mentioned you still have some dental issues and then the medical procedure for your back. I hope you can have some solid support in place before it starts.

I'm not in the best mood. I'm tired and cranky and unmotivated. I still need that good cry I haven't been able to work up!

Hope everyone is well. Much love to you all!

Lenina
Old 07-09-2012, 02:40 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Lenina: My plan is to continue wearing the lidocain patches that seem to be working now. After the Prolotherapy Injections, the pain was all across my lower back going into my buttocks as well. I'm guessing the stuff is gone and the pain is more localized in my lower L 1,2,3 area now where the initial pain had been all along. That's why the patches are working now. I'm going to have the mild procedure done to get the disc shaved down to size to keep it from pressing on my nerves. I'll PM you on how to deal with that pain.

As for the dental procedure. I've already had so much dental work done there are all sorts of stuff out there to deal with the pain. I'm truly done with the pain meds. This go round on detoxing has been a toll on me for sure. I have six days under my feet today off of the opiates. I actually feel better and don't look so washed out now. I mean I'm white skinned, but I was really a pale face and body with splotchy skin on my arms and legs.

The past two nights I've actually gotten a lot of sleep because I took the stronger clonidine. I hate that stuff though because it seems to take forever to wear off. So I'm going to take a half of it tonight and see if it works better for me. I went to bed this morning at 3:00 am. I woke up at 2:00 pm. The clonidine is just now wearing off at 4:36 pm. But that and the carbidopa have been a life saver in getting thru this.

Thanks for asking about my future!

What has you wanting to cry? Is it the FuzzyB? Our black dog that was here when I moved in is dying too. I've never had close feelings for her because of how she is. She's around 15 years old. We still have Magnum and we'll probably turn him loose in the larger fenced in area to run. He's the rescue puppy from 2007 I got off the road. He doesn't bother the chickens, but the black dog tried killing them when she got the chance.

Love ya
TOD
Old 07-09-2012, 02:50 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  

((Lenina)) - Honestly, about the only thing that works for me when I know I NEED a cry but it just doesn't happen, is watching a movie that is guaranteed to bring tears. I'm sorry you're having a rough time

((TOD)) - glad to hear you are sounding better.

I joined weight watchers online, have a dear friend here who is doing it and just found out my classmate buddy (the one I spent the 4th with) has also joined. We're supposed to get the new microwave/convection oven tomorrow. I felt really OLD in the grocery store - used to be things like Lean Cuisines had the option for microwave - now it's a requirement!

I actually even made it 20 minutes on the treadmill and the ankle held up. Took some IBN (ibuprofen) about an hour before. Damned near fell OFF of it as I was changing songs on the mp3, so I seriousy think my middle name should have been "klutz".

Still have school stuff to do, trying to get mind back in that mode. Just realized we only have about 3 more weeks to this semester? Time flies...fun or not, it flies, but
Old 07-09-2012, 02:51 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  

((Lenina)) - Honestly, about the only thing that works for me when I know I NEED a cry but it just doesn't happen, is watching a movie that is guaranteed to bring tears. I'm sorry you're having a rough time

((TOD)) - glad to hear you are sounding better.

I joined weight watchers online, have a dear friend here who is doing it and just found out my classmate buddy (the one I spent the 4th with) has also joined. We're supposed to get the new microwave/convection oven tomorrow. I felt really OLD in the grocery store - used to be things like Lean Cuisines had the option for microwave - now it's a requirement!

I actually even made it 20 minutes on the treadmill and the ankle held up. Took some IBN (ibuprofen) about an hour before. Damned near fell OFF of it as I was changing songs on the mp3, so I seriousy think my middle name should have been "klutz".

Still have school stuff to do, trying to get mind back in that mode. Just realized we only have about 3 more weeks to this semester? Time flies...fun or not, it flies, but fun is better.

Hope to hear from the MIA hens and roosters, soon.

((Love to all))

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 07-09-2012, 02:55 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  

(((tod)))

I'm just moody I guess. The FuzzyB is certainty a huge factor. He's been my baby boy and it's just hard to see him so weak. He ws such a playful, loving fuzz ball. Now he's skinny but for his distended belly and he doesn't move around much.

Plus I'm just tired. It's the fibro I think. Or the thyroid or menopause. It's just a frustrating situation. I'm having anxiety about stuff. I'm pretty good about not fixating on the little stuff and just rolling with the rest but tis feels different. I only have three hours of psychological counseling a year and can't afford anymore. LOL The insurance might sign off on a lobotomy but not any counseling. Crazy.

Hubs is trying to get an appointment for the FuzzyB now. I don't know that they can do anything. I'm hoping an iron shot will help and maybe they will drain his tummy. I'm not very hopeful.

Much love,

Lenina
Old 07-09-2012, 03:24 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Aw (((Lenina))) I am sorry honey. You must be feeling so helpless, and sad. You are doing all you can for your sweet boy, and with so much love. He is getting what he needs honey. love, cuddles, good food, and sweet talking. comfortable home, cool, with nice water and his own personal toilet. fun toys, comfy places to sleep. living with two good people who love him sooooo much. it does not get much better than that , for kitties in this world. if love could save them, (((fuzzyb))) would live forever.

with hormonal stuff, and your sweet (((fuzzyb))) sick, no wonder you are down honey. is there anything you can do to take care of yourself right now? you need to do that, in order to take care of all you do. you are wonderful, and such a good humom to your sweet boy. a good wifey . a wonderful friend to us here. life stinks sometimes, bitter sweet sometimes, but together we make it through.

do you have to go back to work tomorrow? I think i remember you saying so. that gets you down too. guess the alternative , not having a job, would really stink. but sometimes i think how nice and free it would seem to not have to go to any job. then , i think of how would i pay those bills...

i am glad we have each other. i know you guys would have my back , no matter what. that is such a gift.

Who would have thought, when I was a kid, and a teen, and a young woman, and an older woman, that I would find my best friends in a Hen House? lol

today, i went in for inventory, at 4am. had to go into back hall, and climb up on shelves, to count my stuff. before I climbed up the ladder, to stand on the shelf above my head, i took all my stuff up there, in preparation. went to potty, came back and decided to lift down this box, before climbing up on shelf. i forgot that I had put a fresh, steaming cup of coffee, in my favorite christmas mug up on that box. well, it fell directly on my head, soaking my hair, face and shirt. i was a mess. bangs dripping sopping wet with coffee. pretty funny. i had to dry myself off with a shriink wrap gun, which it is a wonder i did not fry the hair off my head. day sorta went down hill from there. ha.
found out that the daughters dane, Mazey, ate the whole top off the blueberry pie that grandaughter Madi made yesterday. we made them together, and hers was there, waiting for mom to come home and see and be proud of. well, that dog is a horse, and can reach anything.
later, they ordered pizza, as daughter and thomas, my grandson, had been at baseball tournament all day. they brought home one of the other kids. daughter took him home, and when she got back, went to get some pizza, only a little left in the box, of two big pizzas. i cant believe she asked where the pizza went-Mazey. they really need to watch her better, she is pretty sneaky for an animal the size of a pony. her face is as big as a breadbox now. she is sweet, but darn it, she makes me mad when she messes with grandaughters amazing first blueberry pie....

oh well, tomorrow will be better, or different anyway.

chin up babies. we got each other.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:55 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  

((Chicory)) - I'm so glad you didn't get burned by the coffee, but sorry - I did have to laugh as it sounds exactly like something I would do!

Hope Mazey enjoyed the pie A friend of mine, from years ago (back in the airline days) - her family had an Irish Setter who she eventually ended up with. During the confirmation church services of one of her brothers (she was Catholic), her mom THOUGHT she had all the awesome pastries where Arrow the dog coudn't get them. Not only did he get them, they found out he didn't like raspberry pastries - they were hidden under sofa cushions, bed pillows, etc. I still smile when I think of dear Arrow.

Thunder has started again, so got all furbabies in. T and I are about to work on a test so we can get another assignment out of the way.

((Lenina)) - if it helps any, I told Elvis "your aunt Lee-Lee is having a rough day and you need to send special kitty prayers her way". He snuggled up under my chin, purred as loud as he could, and I'm pretty sure that's HIS way of sending you lots of love:ghug3. I'm sending you lots, too.

I got on FB to send my cousin a b'day wish - she is one of Gary's daughters (the one who died of hepatatis). Saw several comments from my other cousin..the one who's wife just committed suicide, and it just hits a lot of emotions. I never met her, but I can't help but think of those who are left behind, especially her children.

I did try to commit suicide, a few times, when I was the raging codie. I see it from both sides, but the overwhelming emotion is "thank you HP" that I never succeeded. It's just such a sad thing, no matter which side of the coin you're on.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 07-09-2012, 03:59 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  

((((chicory!!))) I'm so grateful you didn't get seriously burned from the coffee! did the cup break? I had my favorite rabbit cup that I broke recently Had that dang cup for about 30 years! LOL It was like the end of an era. I am also so glass you didn't take a tumble off the ladder! Oh you don't want an On the Job injury. from my experience, I'd been better off getting ran over by a bus! workers comp is a bear!

I can't imagine a dog that big! Poor blueberry pie! Imsure it would have been great with a nice big glass of milk.

and thanks for the kinds words. hubs made an appointment with the vet at 6:00pm. My poor fuzzy thing can hardly stand up. he's lapping a bit of water and then has to lay down by the bowl. And he can't seem to get comfortable. Just shifts from side to side. hasnt eaten but a few bites all day. He did get up in my lap for a cuddle and chat. he can barely purr, just a little rumble, not his usual big roar.

I am so grateful to have a job, one that I enjoy doing and that is just surreal enough to take me out of my own world and focus on stuff that in the grand scheme of things doesn't really matter. I can just slip into work mode and perform. I have my books and stuff for my room and my food I like. LOL I got some of these powdered green tea things for my water bottle. It will be OK.

I have to pull myself together, I need to be ready to roll when hubs gets home. He's having a bad day too.

Much love!

Lenina
Old 07-09-2012, 05:13 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  

(((amy))) sorry about the family tragedy. I can't imagine how the poor children are coping.
glad you are ok too honey. love to the furbabies, and you.

(((Lenina)))yep the cup broke. not on my head, but on the floor. i wasnt on the ladder, just standing below the shelf and the box. the coffee wasnt boiling, had been poured for about 5 minutes or so. humbling day, that is for sure..
sorry about your rabbit cup. what kind was it? boy, makes me miss (((Med))) talking about dishes, and stuff. hope she will check in soon.
sorry hubs is having a bad day too. i hope you can cheer each other up. kiss the (((fuzzyb))) from auntie chicory, please.

loveyou all
Old 07-09-2012, 07:27 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  

(((Joe)))
:ghug3
Old 07-09-2012, 10:33 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  

(((joe!!))) Good to see you!

OK, the vet drained over a liter of fluid from the FuzzyB and said to come back on Saturday and she'll take more. She didn't want him to go into shock. his hemocrit has come up a few points and that was a surprise for the good! He's bony from muscle wasting, nothing to be done about that. She did think he had more like months than days left and that he's a sweet boy. Very cooperative and a good patient. He came home and seems much more comfortable. Ate a little, drank a little and is sitting with Hubs since I was the big meany who shoved him into the carrier.

(((chicory)))). my rabbit cup wasn't fancy, just a mug my mom got me from Pick N Save. But I liked it. I guess I had it about 30 years.

(((Amy))). Please do keep us posted on Aunt Phyllis. she's a beacon of strength. I've lost a few friends to suicide, mostly secondary to addiction. The feeling of hopelessness, of that split between who WE really are and what addiction turns us into. We really have a lot to be grateful for, the stigma wearing out and the methods of recovery available to us now.

(((TOD))) I hope you're feeling much better. I know youre on meds for the RLS but would quinine help? A doctor friend of mine told me to drink the tonic water with quinine in it to help with the legs spasms I get at night. The magnesium and calcium as well helps. I think our bodies get so out of whack while we're caught up in addiction.

I send all my love to all the hens and roosters in our cosy House.

much love!

Lenina