Notices

Hen House Talk With All Our Friends - Part 30

Old 07-06-2012, 08:51 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  

((KM)) - I've had problems sleeping ever since a 2nd armed robbery at my old job with resulting PTSD. People will say "lack of sleep won't kill you" but it puts me in a really bad funk and I've been working with dr's for at least 2 years on it.

I recently went down from 3 RX meds to 2 as quitting smoking has helped just a bit. I'm not the one to ask...ask ((TOD)) as I get on her nerves complaining about not sleeping, but I love her anyway. ((Jay)) and ((Lenina)) also have sleep issues, so though it's not a group you want to be a part of? We understand.

((TOD)) - sorry about the storm. I haven't even seen if weather got bad back at home, but it had pretty much blown over. Going to check now and then trying to get some sleep so I won't be a grumpy gus at the wedding.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 07-06-2012, 08:55 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  
Chief Officer of Misbehavior

Ok, I know I should I know, but who is Martha Mae? Bunny baby? Glad she is ok. We must live relatively in the same region. I know we're both currently in the 7th circle of ugh right now. I'm on the border of TN/GA. We had a heck of a storm, too. Fortunately, this time no damage. I'm from Ringgold right outside Chattanooga, TN. We got destroyed by tornados about a year or so ago. Seriously. Our whole town was obliterated. It was on CNN. It missed our house by a half mile. I was at work sweating bullets that my family was ok. We saw sooooo many traumas at our facility. Tiny babies. Horrible night.

I'm alternating between sweating/freezing. Wish you luck TOD.
Old 07-06-2012, 09:00 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

KM: Chew up 4 baby asprin and that will help you. It's quick acting by chewing them up. Thats what helps me. But it's up to you. I'm not giving medical advice here.

Martha Mae is our Moran Hen! She sleeps inside the entertainment room here with us in her own cage. She made a bee line for it when Jethro let her out of the crushed tent. There are tons of pictures under my profile about various things around here I've talked about. Lots of albums.

Love ya
TOD
Old 07-06-2012, 09:01 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  

((KM)) - Wow, I didn't even realize where you live - we drove through there today!! I had a friend who lived in Ringgold, then moved to Chattanooga and that's where I relasped Luckily, today I just drive through there and thank HP that is all a part of my past.

I'm going to climb into bed, watch TV and see if I can get some sleep. As much as the brat and I have had our differences, I'm pretty tickled about all that's going on with her. Even MORE happy that I'm present and not out f'd up on dope.

(((Love you all!!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 07-06-2012, 10:42 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  

(((TOD))). We don't wear poodle skirts in LA! Goodness, most folks here barely eat meat let alone make skirts from poodles! PETA would be marching in the streets! Those snipe handbags I bought caused enough trouble. Lawdy, girl, get a grip!

((((KM!))). Have you always had sleep troubles or is it mostly from withdrawal just now? some folks get good results from herbal teas, like Sleepy Time or Yogi Bedtime. I've had the best results from self hypnosis. Some folks get results from 5 HtP but as you know, always ask your doctor first. seems I read something about 5 HtP has a conflict with some antidepressants, like SSRIs. Ive been told to keep a regular sleep/wake schedule and to avoid caffiene after the dinner time. and to get natural light in the morning as the light on the retinas helps the body time clock reset. so a nice walk in the morning is good, if you manaqe it.

(((chicory))) How you doing, honey? I saw some really pretty oil cloth and thought of you. It was all those purple and yellow pansies I like.

(((Amy))) I hope you're having a good sleep so youll be beauty rested for the wedding. I'm so gld your new in laws are so nice! Of course, I'm going to have to know about the cake. LOL And if you found that tape. I cannot not remember what it's called. so do let us know just how much fun everyone had. And about the flowers.
And sorry to hear about Auntie P. She's had a tough row to hoe, hasn't she? I'll keep her in my thoughts.

(((Cangel))). It's been pretty cool here, the marine layer and the fog. dang, I hope we some of the warmer weather from back east. I've been almost cold!

(((T Buster and J Bird))). much love to my missing roosters. I hope youll check in soon.

((((norty)))). Do keep us posted OK? And I do wish our darling (((med))) would let us know how she is.

I have to get my act together a bit. We have that band to go see tomorrow and are supposed to bring food for the gathering before. I'm going to make some little canapés as well for the table too.

I'll be up and around for a while.

Much love to all the hens and roosters!

Lenina Fashionista
Old 07-07-2012, 02:10 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

hi sweeties,
just a quick note to say I hope today is a better day for all. so sad to hear of aunt phyllis family tragedy, again. they have had too much sorrow, for too long. i know they are in Gods hands, and i hope they can get comfort. poor children losing a mother. praying for them.

glad (martha mae) is safe, bless her. i can just see her hightailling it out of that tent. really happy she is ok. hope (tod) that today you will be much better. thank you for helping others while you are feeling so rough your self. you are a good woman.

(((km))) sleep is so important, and I am sure you are feeling miserable, but I hope today will bring some nice naps, and some quiet. are you using any white sound in your room? try darkening your room. herbal teas , melatonin if you can take it, it works for me. some moderate exercise and stretching. yoga. all work wonders too. hugs, feel better.

(((amy)))hi sweetie. i hope that the wedding is perfect, and that you have such a good time. i am happy for bratkin. soon to be married lady! and a mommy too! wow, how a little time changes things. love you.

(((lenina))) i got that buttermilk pie recipe. but as soon as we have our bluelberry and butter milk pies, we gotta start that diet. with some exercise. i am miserable, not feeling like my body used to feel. sending loving head bonks to (((fuzzyb))) he is in my thoughts, you know. i know he is so loved. and so are you

well kids, gotta go in early. did wedding flowers for a nice customer s daughters second wedding. this lady is one of themost upbeat women i know. who has an incurable kidney disease, and it has passed to her children, and probaby her grandchildren? not sure , but maybe to the sons? but she goes on anyway. now on oxygen. never complains, except for the heartache of knowing it passed to her children from her, yet she got it that way too. anyway. the flowers were fun to do.
i finished the brides roses bqt, and realized i had not added the 'hidden baby hankie' or the crystals!!!!! but fortunately, i managed to do it . thank goodness, i spent two hours on that alone! wish i had taken pics. i usually dont do wedding flowers, nervous about it, but i could not say no to her. i did them extra nice, i hope. love ya

missing all hens and roosters. (((jay)))check in love.

((((med))))<3

have a good day all. stay safe. be happy. live in the moment and live it as well as you can. love to all.
Old 07-07-2012, 02:51 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

((((chicory)))) The FuzzyB may have to go to th vet today. He's clearly miserable and I hope they can be convinced to drain off some more fluid from his big old belly. He's moving gingerly and has a strange look to his eyes. Likes he's so tired. He's not eating much, even with the meds so I got him some chicken baby food. He's had maybe a tablespoon off that. So we'll see in th morning.

I've got to try and get sleep. I did doze for an hour but it wasn't very restful.

Let's hope our Amy posts from pics of the bouquet and ,flower arrangement and the Cake. I had a great B Day this year. Nice cream fraise with white cake and raspberry jam. Mmmm.

Have a good day, my darling girl! I'll be back before the show.

Much love!

Lenina
Old 07-07-2012, 02:06 PM
  # 248 (permalink)  

I tried to post pics into an album, but it won't work so will see if this will work:

Me and my kid

Dad and the brat

And the wedding kiss:

It was great, a simple wedding but absolutely perfect. The bridesmaids AND the brat all wore cowboy boots with their dresses ((Lenina)) - will have to wait for the pic of the cake as the upload thing here is taking forever. It was a red velvet cake but white frosting with purple flowers on it.

Stepmom said she was sick...as soon as the kids kissed, she went and laid down. Dad wanted to come back home today, I told him this was like a vacation to me and I need a break from being in that house all the time so we are still here.

J's family was awesome, I helped clean things up and put stuff away, joked around with people I still don't remember names, and held a baby or two or three

I did get one pic of dad/sm/brat and I but I look like a cow so am not posting that one.

May have to run to KFC, here shortly, then really will look at some of my school work while I have room to spread everything out.

((Lenina)) - Please give ((FuzzyB)) extra love for me. I miss my cats, but the dog has done fine and we had a few at the wedding.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 07-07-2012, 02:23 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  

((((Amy)))) it looks just beautiful! I'm so glad you had a good time and that Everyone else did too! thanks for posting the pics! I'm glad you got to enjoy your mini vacation and can lounge around for a few hours in the peace and quiet and coolness!

the fuzzyB seems a little more active today. I just hate to harsh him by dragging him into the kennel carrier and then the vets office with all the doggy smells. He has eaten a few spoons full of chicken baby food. he's drinking his water and Cat Sip so I'll wait until Monday unless it seems emergent. I would like to have him stabilized before I have to hit the road next week.

Dang, this "re-socializing" stuff is a lot of work! but the phone is ringing again, we have things on the schedule so it might be a busy summer. I have to go back to work on the 10th. I hate to leave Hubs will all the care of FuzzyB but there's not much I can do.

I'll be back later!

Much love!

Lenina
Old 07-07-2012, 02:46 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Amy: Thanks for the pics. Everyone looks so happy! Looks like they had beautiful spot to have the wedding at too.

SM is slowly dying inside from all those meds. It's sad, but some will never stop taking them. They just can't handle the detox and w/d's. I'm sure she does feel sick to her stomach. I know when I took too many pills in a time period, I too would get sick to my stomach. More times than not. I'd have to go throw up to feel better. We can only hope she'll reach a point she's done with them. But it's nobodies problem but her own because she won't listen to anyone else. She probably took one to many for the wedding reception. I use to take a pain pill for anything I had to go to. Take a walk, go to my parents, go shopping, etc.

Jethro is outside cleaning up from the tree limbs crashing together last night. I got a picture of the demolished tent also. And talk about gumball city in that small space of our yard. The tree in the dog pen is going to have to be cut down all together.

Love ya'll
TOD
Old 07-07-2012, 03:22 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  

beeyootiful Amy! you and Britt have the same eyes...and you look great!
Old 07-07-2012, 03:31 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

You are as beautiful as the bride, Amy, you look magnificent!!!

Sounds like a fun day, hope you enjoy the rest of your vacation.

Hugs *throws rice*
Old 07-07-2012, 03:48 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  

(((amy))) what awesome pictures! you both looked so pretty today. i almost got teary thinking of how little bratkin is a Mrs. now. and almost a mommy. I bet you are so thankful that you are there for her, all recovery shiny and a true friend. Ready to be there for her, no matter what. She made a beautiful bride! Your hair looked pretty too. did you get it cut recently?
glad pupster was good , and that you all made it through the ceremony before sm got sick. I hope that she will see that she is wasting her life away. I so wish she could find recovery too. wonder what an intervention might do for her? hmmm...

enjoy your self lovie. tell dad to take a hike for a bit, and to relax and enjoy his self too. maybe he would like to swim some too? have a great time, be safe coming home. we love you. you know that?

(((Leninia))) honey, I am holding the (((fuzzybster)))in my thoughts and prayers. He has such a good momma and papa. safe in the arms of love.
did you have a birthday and not tell us??? how are we supposed to throw a party when we don't know this important date?
Happy Belated Birthday sweetie!!! I am glad that you had a good one. They sort of depress me sometimes, then sometimes not. these days, with less hormonal influence, i enjoy them more
how nice that you and hubs are such social people. i have no nerve for social navigations. I get tongue tied, and look like a petrified toad. heehee
right now I am listening to Garrison Keillor- Prairie Home Companion- my favorite thing to do on Saturday night since the 1980's. love him. Has your family tried it,Powder Milk???
I wish you could stay home all summer honey. It sure was hot here today-105, and we aren't used to that. tomorrow it is gonna be cooler, 92, man i cant wait.

(((tod))) lady, i hope today was better. sorry that you have all the stuff to do outside, but heck, i see you as not batting an eye at situations that a lot of us would cry over-lol. guess it was that training as Sargent . guess you had some tough things to do, huh?
we have a new guy at work, who served in afghanistan, and he is a worker, let me tell ya. he jumps in to any situation, not complaining, nor listening to complaining. he does not say anything , but shows by example. he has some sword/bigazzknives on a display on his desk. I asked about them, and he said that he was told to put something on his desk that reminds him to be happy. he says that he is happy to be home. He has pics of his two sweet little boys there too. two towheaded little ones. I am glad he is home too. He makes me not want to complain when the going is tough. it is neat how someone like him can make hard jobs much easier, when you work side by side together. He also sings little advertisement songs over the intercom! uses rap music, and makes up words, talking about what great things our store has! he has nerve. and those who would ridicule him, need to go stick their heads in the toilet! some people at work,are so jealous of anything different or interesting. just follow along, act alike, brown nose your way through the day, and you have their approval. I am not on their list of OK people. and glad of it. I am glad that our new guy is a breath of fresh air. we needed it!
hope you are feeling better this evening. glad the little feathery ones are safe and happy, and that the storms are past.
I know you feel for (((amy's))) sm, . you are relating to what she is going through, and how she is feeling. it is so sad to see someone not even believing that she can get better. that there is a life without killer pills. that life can be good. and happy . at least that life can be much more manageable , even tho they sometimes take them in order to 'manage', they really are under the control of poison. glad you are not letting them take your life (((tod))) we love you.

well, hope some of our lost chicks come home to roost. miss them. we feel the empty place they leave when they are not here.

love you all kiddies.
chicory
Old 07-07-2012, 04:21 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  

((((chicory)))) I didn't want to thnk about my BDay and just let it pass quietly. 60. Dang. hard to believe. LOL

I've been trying to socialize more as I'm worried Im isolating. I always blame being too tired, too burned out, too overloaded to go see friends and hang. I have to smooze and make small talk a lot for work so it does wear me out. And I hate dressing up. anything out of my haus Frau night gown or sweatpants qualifies as dressing up! LOL Sadly, it's come that far!

Anyway, I feel bad that Hubs is home on his own, just working on the computer or piddling around. he needs to see friends and hear all the chit chat too. We've rekindled some old acquaintances and are having fun, sharing news and hearing who's doing what. I exchanged some books and traded a recipe. So we have some interesting things on the calendar and are supporting our friends too by showing up! Amd since our friend has her hubs on the road until end of August, she needs someone to have dins with, hang out and such.

Plus, I'm hoping Hubs may network enough to find some interesting work. I worry his present situation is ending, I can see the writing on the wall. You never know when someone may know someone or hear about a new situation.

And thanks for your kind thoughts for the FuzzyB. he's perked up a bit this afternoon but I don't have much hope. he's really not his usually self.

I have to get dressed now. LOL. I'm wearing a long dress with a sweater on top. And those sandals I got last winter that I like.

(((chicory))) Did you ever think about joining a crafters club? My mother did for a while and she made some real fun things. You could check with Parks and Recreation and see if they have anything cooking. get out of the house and do something you like! and you have stuff built in to talk about! Or maybe your bookstore might have a speaker. I used to like those things back in the day.

OK, I must get a move along. I'll be back later!

Much love to all the hens and roosters!

Lenina
Old 07-07-2012, 04:25 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  

((Lenina)) - Happy belated party and I must say - I am SOOOO glad you and hubby are getting out and socializing more. I was pretty worried about you and the isolating.

((Chicory)) - had hair cut yesterday morning - nothing like waiting until the last minute!

I ate my KFC, will now try to focus on school stuff. My last week was tough, grades not so hot, but birthing babies and dealing with pregnant women (as a nurse) never was my strong suit.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 07-07-2012, 07:25 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  

((Amy)) Wonderful pictures!! Looks like the day was perfectly lovely. I really like the bridesmaids in their cowboy boots - very cute!! You look great and very happy!!!!

((Lenina)) How did I miss your Birthday? HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! I can't remember which day you asked me about the weather up North here but for the last two days there has been nothing but blue skies and it is warm. Then cools right down at night. At the moment I am watching the fog pour over the hills out my living room window. Probably about a mile away as the crow flys but bright skies for me!! My idea of perfect weather for summer. Sorry about FuzzyB - that's rough but I understand not wanting to disturb him if you don't need to.

((TOD)) Sorry to hear about your "tree crashing". Scary stuff and such a lot of work cleaning it all up; what a pain. You seem to be feeling a bit better!

I had a very quiet day today. Was running around enjoying myself yesterday a lot so decided to get some practical things done today - laundry, dry cleaners, vacuming.....yuck....oh well had to happen! At least I can curl up with the book I'm reading tonight in a relatively clean and organized space...that always feels good.

Hugs to everyone else!!!
Old 07-07-2012, 07:40 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  

(((Leninabeana))) Fred wanted to dance for you , for your birthday. I think it is kinda sexy, do you?
Old 07-08-2012, 01:43 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

OH! Where do I start? Hmmmmmmmmm I should probably start with a shower since I haven't had one yet. I'm feeling the grunje! LOL With our tree limbs falling on the tent! A whole lot more of my family members know I'm in detox mode. My parents came over right after it happened. Ump also came over. He started talking about needing to talk to his doctor about needing stronger pain meds and I was giving him the cross sign to not talk about it. LOL I walked over to him and leaned close to tell him I was three days off the shiit! (Couldn't be heard far away from the chainsaws going). My older sister and her BF were here today. With little sleep and in the drag ass mode. I had to explain to them "WHY" I was unable to do anything with the mess! They didn't really say anything. Ump did say; "Good girl". His son is a RA too. We've all seen me like this before. I also sent my daughter an email to let her know.

Around 5:30 pm Jethro went in to lay down. I was sitting here at the computer half awake. I got up to go take a shower and when I reached the bathroom door I instead turned into the spare bedroom and crawled in bed. I crawled out of bed at 11:30 pm. When I walked into the kitchen, Jethro was in the middle of taking care of the girls crates. He asked me to go out and check on the girls in their pens outside. I walked out with sandals on my feet. As soon as I passed the tent beside the back porch steps I came to a dead stop. It looked so open with the tent gone. Peaches was fussing but everybody else were okay. I wasn't about to walk out any further w/o lighting due to all the gumballs on the ground. I sure don't need to twist my ankle on one of those damn things and have to go back on the pain meds. My ankles are screwed up enough already.

So I came back in and told Jethro they were fine and the reason I didn't walk out any further in a joking manner. Well Now! What came out of his mouth about me and the opiates is something more like I felt I had just been slapped across my face. Tears started forming and I walked out here. I don't think ya'll will ever have to worry about me going back on them. And no he didn't say he'd divorce me.

So on I go here. I feel much better after getting some much needed sleep. My legs are still bothering me, but it's got a lot to do with I've had this all my life. I also had the RLS real bad in my right arm while trying to sleep the night before. Now that is a awful thing to deal with. I've taken my meds for it, so hopefully the problem will stop soon.

I'm not going to stay up long tonight if possible. I want to try and get on the dayshift again. So I'm going to take a shower and try to get some more sleep. There are 10,000+ gumballs that have to be raked up and all the limbs cleaned off the backyard too. Now that I'm not so tired from lack of sleep and I'm pretty much past the worst part of this journey getting off the opiates. I'm feeling a little more like myself. Five days this Sunday morning.

I'm going to try to post some pics before I close for the night.

Love ya'll
TOD
Old 07-08-2012, 02:14 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Can you see Jethro in there? He’s in there!

Love ya’ll
TOD
Old 07-08-2012, 04:42 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Wow, that is a big tree! or at least a lot of tree to be on top of the tent! Glad everyone is ok, and no wires were downed. that always scares me, broken live wires.

I am glad to hear you say that you will not be going on them again. sometimes i worry when i hear you say that you do this sometimes, sort of like maybe you will do it again in the future. as you can tell from (((JTM)))s words, it takes more toll than just on your body , mind and soul. takes a toll on those who love you too. forgive me for speaking frankly, i learned that from my beloved hen house momma , that sometimes it is best to tell it like you see it, if someones life is in the balance.

hope you got some rest, and I am sorry for your misery, but relieved that you are working your way through it. you are worth it. cant wait for you to feel better, sending big hugs.

love
chic