Notices

Hen House Talk With All Our Friends - Part 30

Old 07-09-2012, 11:06 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Lenina: I use to get quinine prescriptions from the VAH. They stopped prescribing to almost everyone. It had something to do with it caused unexplained bleeding. Say What? I never had a problem with it and it did work. But the carbidopa works way better! Plus I use clonidine which helps as well. And! Have you EVER tasted that water? There is absolutely NOTHING you can mix with it to kill that awful taste.

I would say I'm feeling WAY better! I've been cleaning house like a mad woman. It just amazes me to see how much is left undone due to being on the opiates. I could easily walk by it and say, yeah I need to take care of that and keep walking. Now I've taken care of it! My appetite has also come back. Which I'm sure with the healthy appetite and the last two good nights of good sleep. I'm a rocking and rolling again. I got my back patches on which help the pain and my shoes with the double inserts.

Chickory: Whose the bigger klutz here? Amy or yourself? Poor baby! I bet you were looking around to see if anyone saw you do that? I know I would have! LOL And btw! Have you ever smelled a hen house? I guess we are a fairly bunch of stinking friends on here. ROFL

Hello there Joe! Keep on the right track my friend. I'm right behind ya!

Okay, back to work.

Love ya'll
TOD
Old 07-09-2012, 11:34 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

TOD, yes I think have tasted the quinine water, I was getting it in the UK I think. I don't thnk tonic here actually has quinine in it. I could manage it with lots of limes. I've been making a drink with cucumbers, orange slices and sparkling water over ice as a change from the sodas I usually drink. tastes nice and refreshing. I might see about getting it in a water bottle.

Oh, I know all about the unique frangarence of a Chicken coop. We had one in the backyard back in my childhood. LA was that primitive back then! Folks kept chickens in the backyards and even had incinerators! One of my besties lived on a dairy near us but you couldn't drink the water at her house, the water table was contaminated from years of cow poo. LOL That whole area is all condos, strip malls and stores now.

((((chicory))). honey I had something to tell you but the stress of the day has burned out my memory. We did have a good turkey avocado sandwich for dins. Oh, LOL our friend whose hubby is on the road send my Hubs an email thanking us for helping out with a few things she had going on and complimented me on my creative "repurposing" of a flower pot as a dish to make guacamole in! I didn't know it was a flowerpot! The lesson here is don't let me lose in the kitchen unless it's to wash the dishes!

I hope our (((TPA))) checks in. darling, if you read this, Id like to send you a pm regarding a story you might like to hear and perhaps retell. as you know, I don't write well and it's not a style Hubs works with. It's a little Anne Rice-y.

I'm going to wash my face and get into bed. I have a long day tomorrow and much to get rolling before.

Much love my dearios!

Lenina
Old 07-09-2012, 11:56 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Cangel/Jay: Did my exercise by vacuuming this big ole house of ours. LOL Plus a multitude of other tasks. Just wanted you two to know I was thinking of ya'll while I was working. It feels pretty darn terrific to start seeing a clean house again and feeling clean inside while I'm at it. I may not be able to move tomorrow! But at least when I get up I'll see progress inside myself and this house.

Lenina: I bought that nasty tonic water one time at Kroger's years ago. I think I tried everything I could think of to mix with it in order to drink it, because my legs were really bad that day. I ended up dealing with the RLS.
I'm happy to hear ya'lls buddy is going to be with ya'll longer than ya'll thought. I have a bunny dish. A bunny on the side and the dish is a lettuce leaf. It's packed away somewhere. Probably with those damned old license plates I've been trying to find for my grandson's bedroom wall. LOL Now that I've started back on the good road again! I might accidentally find a lot of things I have forgotten or lost along the way.

As for the chicken coop! We are beginning to have WAY more rabbit poop around here than chicken poop. Everytime we get close to one, it squats, tail goes up along their back and out it comes. LOL I hope it's good fertilizer!

Love ya'll
TOD
Old 07-10-2012, 12:15 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Hey TOD! Back in the bad old days, the Great Depression, I heard of rabbit tabaccy, AKA rabbit poop! Folks used to smoke it when they couldn't get real tobacco for their pipes! so, it goes to prove our point about where addiction, any addiction, will take us!

the lettuce leaf rabbit bowl sounds real cute. I have some rabbit nick nacks, mostly gifts, mostly the Beatrice Potter ones. I have a Peter rabbit music box, a good number of rabbit/bunny lapel pins and some cute pictures. "Bunny and Clyde" photo I've had for over 35 years! it's in the dining area here and still makes me smile. I've changed out the frames few times to match better with the ahem, decor, in my different areas.

Good job on getting that house cleaned! you'll feel so much better with a clean house and all things in order. Jethro will be so happy to have his Ellie May back!

Much love!

Lenina
Old 07-10-2012, 12:26 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Yep! He was complaining today about not having his wife in his bed for over a week now! I told him to be patient. All good things will come back in good time. I'm really surprised I have found the energy to do what I've done up to this point today.

Poor Jethro is glued to his heating pad on his chair in here. He's also got one of my patches on his back. His back is in severe pain from the limb cleanup. He's already sent his boss an email to tell him he will not be in tomorrow.

I can't imagine smoking rabbit poop! But addiction is for sure a twist of fate no one needs or wants to be a part of when it happens. I just saw a commercial on several individuals talking about the place/spot they decided to get clean. They were all addicted to opiates. It really makes one wonder why some substances are out there. But it keeps others employed helping those to get off it. It's a cruel cycle isn't it?

Love ya
TOD
Old 07-10-2012, 02:51 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  

(((tod))) it is wonderful to hear you sounding so good again! made my morning better.

along with(((fuzzyb))) feeling better as well! Makes my heart lighter, that is for sure.

(((lenina)))guacamole. my favorite. i have an awesome recipe that a mexican lady gave me once. she is a doctors wife, and I figured she could afford some awesome ingredients, so I tried it, and it is goooood. years i have been making it. just simple ingredients tho. will post that and the buttermilk recipe today when i get home.

(((tpa)))(((norty)))(((med)))could use updates from you lovely ladies of the hen house. sending hugs.

well, gonna get ready for work. tell (((jtm))) hope he feels better soon. so he can keep up with his lady

love and hugs
chicory
Old 07-10-2012, 03:25 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Good morning Chic!!!

Still up and at it. Jethro laid down for an hour but his back is hurting him too much and he is now up with me again. It's amazing I'm still trucking along here. I'll need to stop some how to get some sleep. Will take the lesser dose of clonidine so it doesn't wipe me out for too long.

Love ya
TOD
Old 07-10-2012, 04:00 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

Good morning HH.

Another busy day. See you guys later.

Hugs to all
TB
Old 07-10-2012, 04:53 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Checking in. Lenina, fire away with that PM, but I think you have my email addy, too - just be sure to put something in the subject line so I'll know it's you.

Glad to hear the FuzzyB is still with us, all that love helps him.

TOD, congrats on going off the meds.

Amy, hang in there, girl, the world is such a better place for you being in it.

If I've left anyone out, it's not intentional, I just don't scroll back up lest I lose my train of thought, such as it is.

Hazel is hanging in there. This unbearable heat doesn't help. Had a big thunderstorm on Sunday afternoon, and it didn't do a thing to cut the heat. Was fun to watch, though.

I seem to have a "stalker" of sorts, re my book. I'm not going into it on a public forum, but will send details in PM to whomever's curious. It's sort of uncomfortable, but at least I think she looks as looney as they come, and fortunately, doesn't know where I live. Some people are past help.

Today is daughter-in-law's birthday, the one from Honduras. I hope my gifts arrived in time, I did send my son the amazon invoice so he'd know it was coming and could tell her whatever boxes arrived were for her. I bought her what he suggested, so hope she likes her goodies.

Have a friend, in pain management, who's also bi-polar. Yesterday he was cut off from his percocets for continually failing his UA, and apparently that's triggered a manic episode. And of course it's everyone's fault but his. And, after being told several times that I find certain remarks of his highly inappropriate, he called at an ungodly hour and proceeded to make further remarks that leaped across any boundary of decorum, and I bluntly told him how inappropriate these comments are and to stop. So I think that pissed him off, because he thinks they're funny. They aren't. And while I know very little about that illness, I know enough now to know when he runs on nonstop, won't listen but continues to steamroll over any effort at conversation, then he's gone manic. So I'm trying to politely distance myself from him while this phase of his illness is going on. I only have so much energy, ya know?

So that's it from my little corner of the country, TPA
Old 07-10-2012, 05:14 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Just checking in. ((Lenina)) - glad the ((FuzzyB)) is feeling better, Elvis is a bony little thing, too, but he just flew out the door. ((TPA)) - glad ((Hazel)) is also hanging in there.

I haven't talked to aunt Phyllis, she was still a bit raw with anger the other day and I know when to give her a little time. I did try to see the obit but you have to pay for it, online? I did check FB, cousin D is having a rough time and I can only imagine what he and the kids are going through

Getting caught up on school stuff. Got one of the tests done, I think T's dog and granddogs are getting used to my voice on skype now.

Hope the MIA hens and roosters check in soon.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 07-10-2012, 01:36 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Need some good thoughts, friends. Amy has the gist of it, I don't want to go into it cause I'll sound either like a worrywart or something, but spouse has me scared to death over a health issue. I'm hoping it turns out to be nothing, but if it isn't, it's going to be so quick and so potentially devastating....Amy can filter it through her medical knowledge and let anyone who's interested know what's up. Please send good thoughts, and a quiet round of applause for my fabulous elder son. TPA
Old 07-10-2012, 02:31 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

((TPA)) - Lots of prayers going up. Sorry I'm not up to chatting, but still sick and now that I've finally finished something for school, am climbing back into bed. I can't keep anything on my stomach

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 07-10-2012, 03:14 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Please feel better, Amy. I'm sorry you're ill, you deserve nothing but robust good health. I didn't mean to impose upon you to ask that you filter my fear through your medical knowledge if anyone was curious, it's just that I'm at a loss for words and certainly at a loss for medical terminology. I'll try to explain it all tomorrow, when I'm less scattered. In the meantime, please take care of yourself, get lots of rest, and may you heal quickly. You're the backbone of the HH, and I know how much I depend upon your strength and wisdom. Please accept my apologies for my presumption, I'm just so scatterbrained at present, which is no excuse. I'll check in with an explanation when I know more. TPA
Old 07-10-2012, 04:06 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

(((TPA))) My thoughts and prayers going your way. I don't know the health issues that have you so concern are. But I hope and pray that its not serious and everything will turn out for the best.

(((Amy))) I'm sorry your not feeling well. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Much love
TB
Old 07-10-2012, 05:20 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

(((fuzzyb))) glad you are feeling better sweetie. we are pulling for you.

(((amy)))feel better sweetie. hope you did not eat something bad? love you.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:50 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

For my friends here on the HH and others lurking out there! I wanted to share these for those that might not have heard them.

This first song hit home with me. I had heard it when it first came out, but of course being in that other frame of mind I had forgotten about it. I at least had the good sense to write it down and found it last night while going thru a lot of paperwork. So I feel this song will be something everyone can have in common.

Rascal Flatts-Changed (With Lyrics) - YouTube

This second song made me think of Lenina first because she was needing a good cry and then it made me feel for all of us. You'll get that cry with this one. Down in the comment sections is a really sad story about someone losing their friend. Please enjoy this!

I Won't Let Go - Rascal Flatts - Lyrics - YouTube

This third song is a reminder to those that's not been there and to us that have been there.

Eric Church - Homeboy - YouTube

Love ya'll
TOD
Old 07-10-2012, 06:24 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

wow(((tod))) those were some powerful songs. i just noticed that I had tears on my face, and did nt even know it. Changed, that one got me, i watched them from last to first. we all have things we have done, that hurt someone, and i have done some that I so wish I could undo. i liked the part where he said he fell into the place where souls get lost. i realize that some things I wish I could undo, were done because my soul was in a painful place, not because I did not care about who I hurt, but because I was in a bad state myself.
thanks for sharing.
big hug and loves to ya.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:33 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Chickory: I know, RIGHT? I was in a bad way on the opiates when that song was released and I saw the video on TV. I just sat there watching it, thinking to myself. I really need to get back to who I am. I had already been tossing it around and that song just sort of hit me in the chest HARD! I didn't cry when I saw it the first time. But you can sure bet I did last night when I went to find it and played it again. It's a song that everyone needs to hear and really listen too. Other than my mom, I don't know of many that hasn't done something in their lives they really wish they'd not done. And my mom is NO saint, but she is a rare gem.

Oh yeah! Believe it or not. I'm not sore from doing so much housework yesterday. Hee Hee! Got stuff to do tonight too. I'll just go at as long as my body allows me. I even got talked into cooking breakfast, eggs, sausage and biscuits for Jethro this morning. LOL That was at 6:30 am. When I crawled in bed at 7:30. I literally passed out. Slept till 4:45 pm So I'm healing from the inside as well as the outside.

Love ya
TOD
Old 07-10-2012, 07:54 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Amy and TPA: Wishing ya'll good healing thoughts for what might ail each of ya'll. TPA: Hope your news on Hubby isn't as bad as you are thinking.

Our little Maria is still setting. She insists on getting in her hay box, settled on her two eggs and then having one of us pull hay up around her. The only part of her you can see is a little bit of her neck and head. Every time we walk by her box, she caa caa caa's to us. Jethro calls her his little Punkin! He'll fuss with her hay, placing it just so so and she'll start assisting him, in pulling hay with her beak. The whole time this is going on, she's just talking up a storm to him. Had to put an Ahhhhhhhhh moment on here to help those ailing smile a little with this thought.

TB: What's got you so busy these days? Are you working on your disability or driving workers around again?

Love ya'll
TOD
Old 07-10-2012, 11:42 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

OK, I feel slightly less scattered, after some solid sleep - the sleep of the emotionally exhausted, I guess. Please, would one of you roosters explain to me why men are so stubborn???? To explain as best I can, yesterday, at work, spouse had bad chest pains along with L arm pain. So what does he do? Asks me to call PCP to get a referral to a cardiologist. I explain to him that heart attacks give very little, if any warning, and he may have gotten his warning - let me add that he was pale and washed out looking, if that makes sense, it isn't quite as redundant as it sounds - but he said he was not going to spend five hours in the ER, he'd be fine, he just needed an appointment with a cardiologist. Well, I arranged that, the referral will be here in ten days to two weeks, but it did little to allieviate (sic) my worries. I finally made a list of the signs, however subtle, of an impending or occuring MI, from jaw pain - he didn't know about that - to the typical ones of indigestion type discomfort, sweating, etc. I think he threw it away. I enlisted my eldest son for back up nagging about the ER, and the kid came through, sending his father a stern email about not messing around with this, etc. Mr. Stubborn says he'll be fine, he just needs to see a cardiologist. I told him he'd have very little time if one hit, so to let me know if he experienced any of the symptoms on my list.

He has no family history of cardiac issues, at least that I'm aware of. He does have high BP, and eats a high fat diet - I swear the man could live on Fritos, beer, and baked potatoes drenched, and I do mean drenched, in melted butter. He's 6'4", 205 lbs, he doesn't smoke but I do - anyway, he does take a daily baby aspirin along with his BP meds.

I get that he doesn't want to spend hours in the ER, but on the other hand, if he's a ticking time bomb then that's the place to be, they'll do their best to find out. I saw my father have a heart attack, fortunately a nurse lived across the street so I woke him up to help my father. Gotta love the military, we do tend to take care of our own, even if it's four in the morning. So Rick examined my father and said "go warm up the car, I'll lead you to the civilian hospital." (We'd only been living in Portsmouth a few months, so I was clueless about stuff like that)

I'm sure I'm not explaining it as concisely as it could be, I just know that he had that "look" at lunch, and I do know few warnings are given by the body before an MI, or am I mistaken about that? I'm worried sick, but I know worry doesn't accomplish a thing. I've done all I think I can, especially in terms of making him aware of the signs and symptoms, to the best of my limited knowledge. I hate being ignorant when it comes to things like this, but there it is, I have very limited knowledge. And a very stubborn husband, whose idea of eating light last night was a pork tenderloin roast, marinated in garlic oil and stuff - he ate almost the whole thing - and a big baked potato with at least a cup of melted butter poured on it.

On an upper of a note, my DIL loved her birthday present, even though only one arrived. She told me she had the best MIL in the world, which makes my heart feel good. And my son is solidly behind me and ready to nag his father until the cows come home. Perhaps our nurses can tell me if I did anything right, and what to do if something does happen, besides call 911? I couldn't believe the PCP's office didn't suggest he go to the ER or come in, but then, their standard of medical care is sorely lacking. Anyhow, as you can see, I'm still scattered to some extent, and wondering if there's anything I can do besides wait for that cardiologist referral and appt. Yeah, I know, high drama is my hobby, LOL, but this has me scared and feeling like a piano is dangling over my head.

Thanks for putting up with me and listening, TPA