Fantabulous Secular Connections Check-in Part VIII

Old 11-19-2010, 01:34 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Disturbing.

Even worse:
Old 11-19-2010, 02:44 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Google Artomatic + peeps for even more:-)
Old 11-20-2010, 11:16 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  
Never settle.

My day is a little too good. Found out I've lost 15 pounds (yay!!), got to work late and no one griped at me, it was no problem, we haven't had any of those customers at work, my hair is even behaving.

I feel like a fugitive from the law of averages.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:12 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Doing good here. Been keeping myself busy. Need to start getting my ducks in a row so I can take classes in January.

My arthritis has moved from my knees to my shoulder and finger so I haven't been typing as much as usual. Motrin seems to be working for now though, which is good.
Old 11-21-2010, 10:38 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  
Never settle.

I actually had a good day. But I have this weird level of anxiety. And granted, I am moving and starting a new job and there's all this stuff I have to do for that and not enough time or money to make it all happen. Still though... seems like I shouldn't be so stressed out.

I need a hug. LOL
Old 11-22-2010, 03:14 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Sorry about the anxiety gneiss. I had some real bad two weeks ago. It also had to do with change. Sending cyber hugs your way.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:15 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

geniss (hug)

I'm stressing too, up since 3am...geek squad coming sometime in the next 4 hours to fix my computers.

I guess when things get tough we just have to be tough and get through it...today i don't have another answer.

I'll be thinking of you (hug)
Old 11-22-2010, 07:00 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

I had a good weekend until I went to cook some rice for my dog last night (she doesn't eat dog food just chicken and rice and veg due to an allergy prob). I had just bought the rice on Saturday and put it in a container in the pantry, I put the rice and water in a pan to boil then I turned around to close the rice container and saw BUGS all in it! then I looked at the rice in the boiling water and saw the dead BUGS come to the surface!!!! I had to throw everything away took everything out of the pantry (wasn't a lot) and threw out everything except can goods and cleaned and sprayed the pantry. Then it dawned on me that I had just bought the rice the day before and it was in an AIRTIGHT container and I saw no evidence of bugs anywhere else to the bugs must have been in the rice when I bought it! I googled "rice bugs" and sure enough this is a somewhat common occurance that the larvae is in the bags of rice when you buy it! and then when you open the bag I guess they get air and they hatch....the info I read said when you buy a grain product you should put it in the freezer for 1-3 days before putting it in a sealed container in the pantry to kill the larvae. I don't think I will ever eat rice again and not sure I will even buy it for my dog again! I was so grossed out I couldn't even eat my own dinner even though none of it had been in the pantry. I still feel itchy all over from having seen the bugs.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:16 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Ewww Judy...That's gross!!!! Have you ever considered doing he Raw Food diet with your dog? It's great for dogs with allergies and there is no rice in the diet:-)

Gneiss....sorry that you are experiencing anxiety. My coach gave me an exercise for dealing with negative emotions. You train yourself to relace negative emotions with gratitude. If you are interested I can send you the info.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:08 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

I will not feed my pup raw meat, the chicken is just briefly boiled but thats as close as I would get to raw meat.
Old 11-22-2010, 12:30 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  
Proud Neonephalist

Mmmmm...protein enhanced rice

Yuck.

Murray
Old 11-22-2010, 10:44 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Thanks everyone!! Doing much better now. It seems to be the worst when no one else is around; perhaps I just need distracting. Anyway, I have a friend in town for a couple days to help pack up my apartment, she's been tremendously helpful. The kitchen is almost done, and that was the giant project I couldn't make myself do. It was just depressing to pack up all by myself. Plus I'm leaving my toads with my parents, and it's silly but those goofy little toads have kept me halfway sane at times.

This is by far the biggest change I've had since quitting drugs, it's nerve-wracking. Thanks everyone
Old 11-24-2010, 08:42 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Glad you are feeling better, Gneiss.

I got a nasty cold, and today is the first day its been full force. My roommate also has it, so she can't exactly do the cooking. Its going to be a quiet, sneeze-filled Thanksgiving here. There are worse things in the world.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:05 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Weird day. Crazy drama at work, the new girl at work tripped and fell down the stairs, knocking herself unconscious in the process, we had to call an ambulance and everything. She's ok, but it made a pretty insane start to my day. I'm not much of an adrenaline junkie (riiiiiight. I did meth, not adrenaline! Hahaha). I'm still trying to pack up the last room in my apartment. It's just so boring! My friend had to go home, and I basically have one room left. My bedroom. There's not that much in it, just clothing mostly. And about half of what I've taken out of the closet so far has gone in the goodwill box. So really I should be done by now. And yet here I am checking in. Not going to lie, I helped more than one friend move by getting doped up and doing a marathon session of packing and hauling. Turns out it's a little better to spread it out over a week.
Old 12-01-2010, 04:17 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  
Never settle.

I have 18 months give or take a few days (not exactly sure what day it was). And I started a new job this week. So how's that?!

I get drug tested tomorrow. Weird, I have no inclination to do drugs but I still feel a little anxiety at being subject to testing. I guess I'm giving up a little "freedom" even though it's silly because I don't have any desire to do drugs.

The company is really taking good care of me during training, they rent apartments for trainees to stay in (I share mine with 2 guys, but they did leave me the master bed/bath) and pay for all meals and either drive us or hand us keys to the company car so I haven't had to spend money for anything. I feel good about this job, it feels good to be proud of where I work. LOL We'll hope it keeps up after training ends! But first impressions blah blah blah...

Dinner time, adios!
Old 12-01-2010, 08:45 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  
Proud Neonephalist

That's just great gneiss!!!!

Murray
Old 12-02-2010, 10:26 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Keep us posted on how your transition goes gneiss...it sounds like you've ended up in a good company:-)
Old 12-06-2010, 06:44 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  
Ethanol Intolerant

Hey folks, thought I better check in. I am over two months sober and feeling as well as I ever have. There have been far too many revelations in the past months to catalog. Suffice to say that alcoholism has a spiritual root for me. This realization has reinforced my secular beliefs immensely. I'll try not to be such a stranger around here.

Peace
Old 12-06-2010, 07:56 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey! Welcome back recycle

D
Old 12-06-2010, 08:50 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Hey stranger! Good to see you and congrats on 2 months....I was wondering/worrying about you!

Xoxo, LaFemme