Fantabulous Secular Connections Check-in Part VIII

Old 10-07-2010, 11:37 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  
Never settle.

The fact that he called so early really doesn't bother me, LaFemme. I kept weird hours for a long time and I'm used to phone calls at all hours. It's usually very easy for me to wake up for a few minutes to talk, and I'm back to sleep within 5 minutes. What ticked me off is being cussed at, and even more being cussed out when he made the mistake. I was barely awake, and I just told him what he needed and hung up. A few minutes later I was awake enough to be mad about it and then I had trouble going back to sleep.

So then I went to work and I was on time but the lady with the keys to the building wasn't. She showed up just as I was about to call my boss. And then we had to rush through opening the store, opened registers wrong which caused the computers to freeze, couldn't open the safe to save my life, and had customers knocking at the door when we were 30 seconds late getting it unlocked. Still though, it's getting better.

And now my lunch break is about over. I'm so taking some of the free coffee samples and making a cup this afternoon. I need it! LOL
Old 10-07-2010, 05:47 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  
Never settle.

... and then we found a snake in my mom's dining room.

I'm so glad the day is over.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:33 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  
Proud Neonephalist

Yikes gneiss!

Hope you have a smoother, snakeless day tomorrow, and may all your customers be happy

Murray
Old 10-07-2010, 06:59 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

SNAKES!!!!! That's positively Biblical....bwahahaha!

rough day hope tomorrow is better.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:16 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Had a day off, sort of. LOL How is it I'm busier on my days off than on days I am working? No more craziness, and no more snakes. Anyway, I know I had a good day because my biggest complaint at the moment is that silly Tweets tag on the left side of the forum. It really annoys me, I don't like it.

Clearly, I should be studying for my midterm.
Old 10-09-2010, 09:31 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Originally Posted by gneiss View Post
Had a day off, sort of. LOL How is it I'm busier on my days off than on days I am working? No more craziness, and no more snakes. Anyway, I know I had a good day because my biggest complaint at the moment is that silly Tweets tag on the left side of the forum. It really annoys me, I don't like it.

Clearly, I should be studying for my midterm.
I tweet A LOT and that tag annoys me too. I am not going to tweet what I post on SR. Nor is there any reason to post a link to a post. Its not like this is the NYTimes or something.

You are so lucky you can fall back asleep after the phone rings. I'm the opposite and am up the rest of the night.
Old 10-15-2010, 06:41 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

About 5 years ago I had about 8 out of 10 days sober...by the end of the 10 days I could see a huge physical improvement ...needless to say it didn't take...mostly because I didn't understand alcoholism at that time.

The reason I bring this up is that I now have 3+ months sober and emotionally I couldn't be happier and healthier but I feel like certain things have not improved that I thought would have.

I have no appetite
my metabolism is shot
I am still tired a lot
I still have the occasional brain fog.

I am not asking for medical advice (heaven forbid!) But I am curious if other have experienced similar things.

I do plan to see a Dr. As soon as I get health care again...I am working on it...and if these are still in the picture I will definitely mention it. Just curious about others experience.

Thx.
Old 10-15-2010, 06:52 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  
Administrator

Not saying this is you LaF - always consult your Dr for a definitive diagnosis - but it makes interesting reading if you've not seen it before

Post-Acute Withdrawal Syndrome (PAWS) — Why we don’t get better immediately) « Digital Dharma
D
Old 10-15-2010, 10:02 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee! Ill read that:-) I also quit smoking at the same time...I know that can make it hard to loose weight.
Old 10-16-2010, 03:19 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Just in a down mood today. It was raining this morning and gray outside, I just saw what was supposed to be a romantic comedy/drama but in fact was a realistic portrayal of the lives of air traffic controllers (excessive drinking to get drunk, marriages falling apart, stress in front of the scopes). Not what I needed. I watched it to the end hoping it would have a "cheerful" ending and it didn't even try to pull that off. At least it didn't end on a fully unrealistic romantic note, but I sure wouldn't recommend Pushing Tin as a date DVD rental.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:07 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Just home from a field trip. Overall impressions: lots of fun, but as an exercise in learning anything it was a complete waste of a weekend. And I found out my professor is about 100 times as much of an @$$ as I thought he was. But hey, at least the students had something to help us bond LOL

Tired, long day on the road in a 15-passenger van. Always comfortable!
Old 10-19-2010, 06:11 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

A weekend in the great outdodors can never be a complete waste;-)
Old 10-19-2010, 10:29 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  
Never settle.

It was pretty awesome. Climbed a mountain, a 2000 foot vertical ascent. My muscles are still complaining. And then we did Carlsbad Caverns as well. Awesome. And that was an 800 foot vertical descent (luckily they have elevators to get you out. Otherwise I might still be there). What I really learned this weekend is that I need to get off my couch and get my lazy butt on a treadmill.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:26 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gneiss View Post
It was pretty awesome. Climbed a mountain, a 2000 foot vertical ascent. My muscles are still complaining. And then we did Carlsbad Caverns as well. Awesome. And that was an 800 foot vertical descent (luckily they have elevators to get you out. Otherwise I might still be there). What I really learned this weekend is that I need to get off my couch and get my lazy butt on a treadmill.
Sorry it was a dud education wise, but it does sound like a beautiful trip all the same.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:26 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

I've just started exercising and it feels really good on a lot of levels:-)
Old 10-21-2010, 05:11 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Good for you, La Femme!

I was just reading some threads on here (SC) and I found the thread on Powerlessness to be really, really helpful. I know it's locked so I can't comment on it, but Murray's two posts in particular really and truly helped me. So.... thanks!!!
Old 10-21-2010, 06:31 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Check out the Secular Free Speech zone in the user created groups...we created that for topics which are not permitted here.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:09 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Watching a couple documentaries on punk rock. The gray sky and rain all week have put a real damper on my mood the last few days. Going to see some friends tonight so that might cheer me up.
Old 10-21-2010, 04:36 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Originally Posted by traderjane View Post
Good for you, La Femme!

I was just reading some threads on here (SC) and I found the thread on Powerlessness to be really, really helpful. I know it's locked so I can't comment on it, but Murray's two posts in particular really and truly helped me. So.... thanks!!!
Originally Posted by LaFemme View Post
Check out the Secular Free Speech zone in the user created groups...we created that for topics which are not permitted here.
Here's a link to help you find it: User-Created Social Groups - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

I'm not too sure what I did to my back but I know it hurts. Might just be all the climbing and being on my feet at work and such for the last week or so. That's what I'm hoping for. Day off tomorrow, maybe some rest will help. For now I have to make dinner but I don't really want to get off the couch. This could be a problem! LOL
Old 10-21-2010, 06:00 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Thank you Gneiss and La Femme! Will definitely check it out!!