Fantabulous Secular Connections Check-in Part VIII

Old 10-21-2010, 07:24 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Maybe try an Epsom Salt bath for your back? Works well on horses;-p
Old 10-21-2010, 08:13 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  
Never settle.

I'll try just about anything. So... neigh!!

Just tried a muscle relaxer and some ibuprofen. If that doesn't help by morning I'm so going to the doctor. It's hard to stand upright.

Old 10-21-2010, 08:42 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Ouch!!! So sorry about that, Gneiss. I have pulled muscles in my back before and it's no fun, no fun at all. I have found icing it and rest is the best thing. But that's just me...

Come to think of it, since I have been doing yoga I have had less trouble with my back, and fewer muscle pulls. Another reason to keep it up!
Old 10-22-2010, 01:45 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Feel better!! I second the benefits of yoga for theback.
Old 10-22-2010, 03:26 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Thanks! Still sore but it's a bit better this morning.
Old 10-22-2010, 10:00 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Originally Posted by gneiss View Post
Thanks! Still sore but it's a bit better this morning.
Glad to hear that you are feeling a bit better today.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:35 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  
Never settle.

*sigh* Nevermind. Was going to post a video but the website won't let me share it.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:16 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Listening to this music, can't sleep. For the last couple days I've really missed my friends I used to hang with when I was doing drugs. I don't know why, maybe I just need something to pass the time. I had to get rid of most of them, and one of them emailed me a week ago and ever since then I've just wanted to see how everyone is doing. But I can't call them up because I don't want all that back in my life. Annoying.
Old 10-25-2010, 06:24 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  
Ethanol Intolerant

Hello friends. I have not had much time to be here lately. I have been working very hard with face to face recovery for the past four weeks. I will be four weeks sober tomorrow. I spend three nights a week with a intensive outpatient group IOP, the other four days a week I go to AA meetings or see a CBT psychologist. This in addition to study, yoga, meditation, and homework, add up to about 25 or 30 hrs a week. With work and family, this schedule is leaving me a little stretched. LOL this is still it is only about half the effort and a third of the time I used to spend drinking - I guess you make time for some things.

At any rate I feel well, and I hope to check in a little more thoroughly in the next few days. Coming out of the past relapse was a he!! of a ride. I am not sure that I have another one in me, so I am doing what I can to never go back there.

Take Care,
Old 10-25-2010, 06:53 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  
Proud Neonephalist

Good to see you back on that bicycle...looks like you're over the hump and the peddling's going to be easier

Murray
Old 10-25-2010, 10:36 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Glad you are doing everything you need to in order to get better Recycle...sending positive thoughts your way!
Old 10-25-2010, 10:44 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gneiss View Post
Listening to this music, can't sleep. For the last couple days I've really missed my friends I used to hang with when I was doing drugs. I don't know why, maybe I just need something to pass the time. I had to get rid of most of them, and one of them emailed me a week ago and ever since then I've just wanted to see how everyone is doing. But I can't call them up because I don't want all that back in my life. Annoying.
Had trouble sleeping last night as well. Ended up listening to music. When I finally felt that I could sleep, I put on some calming music and went with it. Still, I was up until four a.m. last night. Hope that doesn't happen again.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:55 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

I too am glad to see you back on track with sobriety Recycle.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:29 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  
Never settle.

I know it's been out for a while but I love this song.

...it'd be easy to add up all the pain, and all the dreams you sat and watched go up in flames, dwell on the wreckage as it smolders in the rain, but not me, I'm alive...
Old 11-08-2010, 10:58 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Really not doing well. My sleep is very picky to begin win. Add the time change and the fact that because its later in the year so its even darker earlier and its really topsy turvy. My days are either "up all night and yawn all day" or "pass out and sleep half the day away". I chose the second option and woke up depressed from missing the natural daylight.

Listened to a lot of music last night, saw the Queen tribute concert on youtube and laughed at a few of those "literal version" music videos. Hope my mood is more cheerful tomorrow.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:26 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Sorry you're having trouble sleeping again. I have the opposite problem, I feel like I'm doing nothing but sleeping. I hope this cold will pass and I'll get back to feeling not so tired.

I have an interview at 2:30. I'm all nerves. If I get the job I'm quitting grad school for a year or so. It's an excellent opportunity for me, so I hope it works out.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:35 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Good luck gneiss! Sending positive vibes your way...blow there socks off!

Shock...sorry you are having trouble...I also have trouble adjusting to the time change...amazing what an hour can do! Do you exercise? I feel that helps me with my sleep patterns.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:46 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Thanks, LaFemme. I think it went well. Honestly, I think I'm hired, both in terms of how well my interview went and how this place hires (they sort of hire everyone and let people wash out. 50% are gone within 2 months, and only 20% finish the one year training program. It's not the job, it's the 24/7 nature of working on an oil field, working weird schedules and not being home on weekends and holidays). I know 5 people who work there and they all said if he decided to interview me I probably already had the job.

But... as far as I'm concerned until I have an offer, I don't have the job.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:58 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  
Proud Neonephalist

Hope it works out for you gneiss, but keep your head up, something tells me there could be some hard drinking roughnecks in the area.

Murray
Old 11-09-2010, 09:20 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Thanks Murray. I had thought of that, and I actually delayed submitting my resume for about a week while I thought about it. The last roughnecks I met were high as a kite on meth, and definitely big drinkers. I even called a friend whose ex-husband worked on oil fields on Alaska's North Slope and asked for her advice. She told me compared to the guys I used to hang around with roughnecks shouldn't be a problem.

I just can't pass up the opportunity for a year's experience, it's the biggest obstacle to getting hired for a full time permanent position. I was doing drugs when I should have been doing internships, so now I need a work-around. I'm just going to have to man up and deal with whatever comes my way while I'm there.