Fantabulous Secular Connections Check-in Part IV

Old 04-08-2009, 08:41 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  
Never settle.

And now the paranoia kicks in... what if I really haven't said anything right on SR for a while? They could all just be hoping I drop dead right now. My brain is not normal right now. *Sigh*

Nights like this make me want to say **** it all and have a drink. If I'm going to feel like this anyway, what's the point?

Last edited by gneiss; 04-08-2009 at 08:58 PM.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:12 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  

The point is, gneiss, that your thoughts are tormenting you. These thoughts, are they true? Not that I can see.

You're posting here has been fine, lively and coherent.

Relax, lady. Maybe find something to occupy yourself until your structure falls back into place. This will pass.

:ghug3
Old 04-08-2009, 09:31 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Thanks, Donna and Phal. Maybe I just have too much time on my hands. To keep myself occupied I'm writing a paper I've been putting off for several weeks. Anyone want to know what happens when gasoline additives escape into the environment? Neither do I . But I still have to write this paper. Only 1300 words to go.

And my roommate is reading it over my shoulder. Which annoys me because I can type fairly well when no one is watching me. And with him hovering, I type 40 mistakes a minute. But I'm still glad for the help.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:50 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Hey Gneiss, When I was OH so much younger than today, I hated the month of April. I was always out of sorts! I couldn't wait for Spring/Summer to come and it never came fast enough. Everything seemed to go wrong, I couldn't handle anything, my fish died in April too, my dogs got ticks, everything bugged me.
I don't know how or why, but I've gotten over it. Now all that stuff happens all year round, and none of it bothers me. There had to be a good side to getting old.
Everything you been posting has been fine too, no need to go paranoid on us! I've been having lots of fun reading all your posts, even when I don't understand...and by the way, I might like to know what happens when additives escape into the environment...I have this green side to me.
Stay away from the booze, keep posting, keep smiling, and April will be over soon.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:05 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  
lunarlovelunar

Heres a few because it seems they are needed....

:ghug2

:ghug

I wish you all a spiffy day tomorrow!
Old 04-09-2009, 05:09 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  
Resident

Originally Posted by gneiss View Post
Anyone want to know what happens when gasoline additives escape into the environment? Neither do I .
Your posts have been great as usual so no worries here unless of course you post this essay after you finish writing it and demand everyone take a pop quiz on the content.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:19 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  

I'm with the others, gneiss, about your posts - always good to read your stuff.

Moving from structure to lack of structure has always been a tough one for me - like I am spinning until I get new bearings.. Hang in there.

no idea re the gasoline additives but somehow I think it is not good.

Here is for all of us :ghug
Old 04-09-2009, 09:31 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Thanks. :ghug I knew I was being paranoid. It just went along with my whole mental state yesterday. Today I came to work. Didn't really want to but thought it might be good to not be home for another entire day.

And I didn't drink last night. Still haven't finished that paper. And no worries Fubar The only person I want to subject to that paper is the prof who assigned it! I can't even write it without getting bored.

"Work" calls, so I guess I'd better.. ya know... work.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:54 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  

I knew a dentiste who called himself FANG. Such fun going to see Fang
Old 04-09-2009, 10:14 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  

gee phally..you really are in a mood....maybe a nap or something to eat would help (hug)

I'm ok...really really want a day off without anything to do oh well that has to wait till july i guess
Old 04-09-2009, 04:33 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Dodging grass fires today. Bad ones. They have shut down pretty much every paved road out of town. We're even on the Weather Channel!!! Now we've hit the big time.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:33 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  

No one ever has good tales to tell when they come back from the dentist's. But wow ! No laughing gas for me ! I laugh enough anyway, though rarely at the dentist's.
Old 04-10-2009, 05:22 AM
  # 313 (permalink)  
Resident

Gas for a cleaning Phal. I thought I had it bad. I had gas when I was about 18 to get a tooth pulled and apparently I kicked and punched at the dentist. He didn't pull the tooth and I didn't remember a thing.
Glad you made it through it.
No go and eat some delicious chocolate and stain those pearly whites.

As far as good dentist stories, I read one in Penthouse once but I think it was made up.
Old 04-10-2009, 05:39 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Wow those Easter emoticons are kinda freaky. Not gonna use any. lol

Anyway..I don't have any interesting stories but I felt kinda good yesterday.. Nothing bad happened. I felt at peace. Then I wake up this morning with the most severe depression. It just came out of nowhere. I didn't want to get out of bed...I started thinking negatively.. And now I'm not motivated to work, but I'll try anyway.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:20 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Eroica View Post
Wow those Easter emoticons are kinda freaky. Not gonna use any. lol

Anyway..I don't have any interesting stories but I felt kinda good yesterday.. Nothing bad happened. I felt at peace. Then I wake up this morning with the most severe depression. It just came out of nowhere. I didn't want to get out of bed...I started thinking negatively.. And now I'm not motivated to work, but I'll try anyway.
Eat your chocolat easter egg today, chocolat is supposed to improve your mood.
Here's a story for you too. There is no easter bunny in France (boy would Windy be disappointed) The eggs are dropped by flying bells that come from Rome. According to legend the bells leave wherever it is they are on good Friday, go to Rome, I guess they collect eggs in Rome (I've never really looked into this story) then they fly over everyone's houses and drop the eggs in the yards etcsomething like bomber planes it seems...Did that cheer you up?

Old 04-10-2009, 09:22 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Dude. The Easter icons weirded me out, too. Easter's kind of a weird time of the year for me, being agnostic. I live in the Bible Belt, I get invited to church a lot, "Come see what Jesus did for you!" Thanks anyway, I've been down that road and don't see the point. All the "He is risen!" signs everywhere. Apparently, Jesus is resurrected as a rabbit who brings us chocolate and multi-color eggs. Nothing like a little pagan festival thrown in for good measure.

Anyway, that weird depression is starting to lift a bit. Maybe it's all the chocolate Jesus has made available this week
Old 04-10-2009, 09:26 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Yo.

What does a rabbit have to do with eggs?
Old 04-10-2009, 09:42 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  
Resident

OK I will bite what does a rabbit have to do with eggs?
Old 04-10-2009, 10:57 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gneiss View Post
apparently, jesus is resurrected as a rabbit who brings us chocolate and multi-color eggs. :d

lol
Old 04-10-2009, 11:42 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Originally Posted by suki44883 View Post
Yo.

What does a rabbit have to do with eggs?
Hello? Cadbury Easter bunny. Lays chocolate eggs. Or this thing:

I found another picture of how the Easter bunny and chicken eggs are related, but it seemed a little... inappropriate.