Blogs

Notices

Fantabulous Secular Connections Check-in Part IV

Old 04-15-2009, 12:16 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Yeah. That'll about sum it up. My life sucks.

Last edited by gneiss; 04-15-2009 at 12:34 AM.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:06 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Boy am I glad you guys and your contagious spring fever are on the other side of the Atlantic ! I'm feeling great, the sun is shining, it's warm, the fields are green and some are profusely blooming, makes them look like yellow velvet. Trees are leafing out, the fruit trees are covered with pink and white blossoms, birds are chirping, building nests on my roof (incidentally making a mess in front of my windows, but ok, it's spring) I'm getting in a lot more walking because I want to appreciate this great weather, so I think the extra oxygen is making me happy. I FEEL GOOD ! If what I've got is contagious, here, I'm blowing you all a big contagious kiss ! GET BETTER everyone !
Old 04-15-2009, 05:32 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  

yeah.....i'm whiny too.....come on guys....lets get a grip!!!!!

:ghug
Old 04-15-2009, 05:58 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. Sorry you guys arent feeling too hot! I had the hardest time falling asleep last night. I was overcome with fear that someone was going to break down my apartment door and kill me, so I had to keep looking through through the peep hole to make sure no one was there. It was frustrating because I knew nothing would happen, but I was still so afraid. Can anyone relate??? lol
Old 04-15-2009, 07:00 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  

I used to be afraid at night, like things couldn't get me during the day. Now I live in the country far from any neighbors, I've got a scaredy-cat big dog that hides behind me, and I don't get scared any more, at least not of nothing. I'd be scared if some screwed up person with a weapon bashed in my door and really threatened me, but I don't conjure up things to frighten me anymore. I don't know when I stopped or why, it just happened. Must be the wisdom that comes with age.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:47 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  
☯ ⓌⒾⓁⓁ☯

Eroica I can relate.

I'm being treated for (among other things) GAD. Some days I feel like I'm walking through a land mined field. As if I'm just one step away from disaster. Being in a constant state of heightened alert is exhausting. On those days I too don't fall asleep easily.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:08 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

back from the caribbean. off to the beach crib in FL. all is well.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:06 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  
lunarlovelunar

Can I come in if I promise not to whine? hehehehe

I am a little better. There I said it.

Old 04-16-2009, 01:28 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Pimptastic? Is that a spelling error too, or are you going to teach me a new word? No one has told me what kitty flowers were either. I may be fluent, but if it's not in the dictionary I probably don't know the word.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:43 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  
lunarlovelunar

Kittyflowers....they are a smiley that you can use chat.. not sure if it works here. There is a little kitty head with purple petals around his head. very cute. Used for all occasions. lol
Old 04-16-2009, 04:00 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Thanks Viv, You should be in bed by now. I'm sure it's past 10:30pm. (Yes, I'm playing mother)
Old 04-16-2009, 04:06 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  

I went to bed at 8:30 PM, got up at 2:30 AM, and have been awake since. Maybe I'll take a nap at 6?? lol
Old 04-16-2009, 06:21 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  

crap day, but i like the new smileys

my favorite of all time
Old 04-16-2009, 02:27 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  

I'm having a bad day. My doctor called in a prescription for me yesterday for Prednisone (steroids) because I have bad aches in my ankles and knees (likely arthritis) so I didn't get the pills until 5:30pm yesterday and I took 2 with dinner then 2 more when I went to bed. and I was WIDE awake! They sped up my adrenaline so terrible and I felt like it was 90 degrees in my house. So I finally fell asleep around 2 am and was supposed to be at work at 8:30 am but I was too tired and my stomach felt lousy from the Prednisone so I didn't get to work until 10:00 a.m. and I had to take 2 pills with breakfast and 1 with lunch and I am still too wired and I am generally a very calm person but today I just am too hyped up.

Judy
Old 04-16-2009, 09:46 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  
lunarlovelunar

:ghug jam, sorry you had a rough night!

Phal~ all I can say is JEALOUS! Where is my sun huh huh huh uh huh?

TOday is better for me...still feelin a bit unstable emotionally...back forth...back...forth but...I think it may be calming down now. YEAH!

Old 04-16-2009, 11:30 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Thanks for the PMs and such. I am back here at SR/SC and doing better. Just had a crappy few days. Rough few days. A day when I even drove right past my meth dealer's house... right there, so close. But I didn't do it. God I wanted to. I had cash in hand. But I chickened out, basically. Thank Whoever I'm a chicken.

Today I went to the lake and walked 2.5 miles down a 7.5 mile trail then turned and came back because it was getting dark. So a 5-mile walk. It felt really good and I'm in a much better mood for it.

Thanks again for all your thoughts, I appreciate them. :ghug
Old 04-17-2009, 01:21 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  
lunarlovelunar

YEAH Gneiss! So glad to see ya...

HUGE props to you for staying strong!

Walking has made me feel better lately too..although you beat me by a few miles there! I usually walk 2 or so.... lol

psst dont mind the 9.9 guy, he doesn't know what hes talking about, I think I will fire him!

Last edited by lunarise; 04-17-2009 at 01:33 AM. Reason: psst forget the 9.9 guy I dont know what hes talking about
Old 04-17-2009, 02:21 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Originally Posted by gneiss View Post
Thanks for the PMs and such. I am back here at SR/SC and doing better. Just had a crappy few days. Rough few days. A day when I even drove right past my meth dealer's house... right there, so close. But I didn't do it. God I wanted to. I had cash in hand. But I chickened out, basically. Thank Whoever I'm a chicken.
Proud of you for walking past the dealers house, no matter what the reason. You didn't go and that's what is important to me. Now you will have less cravings (every time you beat one, they get easier or so SMART tells me). So pat yourself on the back and know that you have made life easier on yourself.

Old 04-17-2009, 09:03 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Good going Gneiss ! Glad to have you back too !

Hey Vivid ! Shouldn't you be in bed?
Old 04-17-2009, 12:21 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  

i'm starting to believe the voice in my head...how do you tell the right from from the wrong one anyways....you know maybe sometimes the negative voice is right...right...I mean we aren't all perfect are we????