Reach Out and Touch Faith

Fantabulous Secular Connections Check-in Part IV

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-iii.html

continues here
Old 03-10-2009, 04:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Dang, that was fast...

Anyone ever hear from Tyler (originator of this thread)?
Old 03-10-2009, 04:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

dang!!!!

so you dissapear, refuse to post but slide in here and make the first one...taking that operotunity from the rest of us :P

(hug) love ya
Old 03-10-2009, 05:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

LOL, just a coincidence... or is it?
Old 03-11-2009, 06:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Resident

Good morning all.
Looks like I might be the eary bird around here.
I am trying that 8 hours sleep a day thing that you hear so much about so I am going to try to go to bed and get up at the same time everyday and see if a regular sleep pattern improves my health. So far (second day) I am still constantly tired but I am hoping this is one of the things that will change.
I am on my 4'th cup of coffee (with splenda:no sugar) so that is the next thing on my list. If it isn't one thing it is another. I seem to be always adding a lifestyle challenge lately.
Maybe next I will try to be a nicer person but don't hold your breath.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

How can we break it to Fubar that he is becoming nicer and nicer.. It might be a hard message to deliver.. Still funny but actually quite a nice guy these days... OOPS..
Old 03-11-2009, 08:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
lunarlovelunar

Good morning all, its freakin cold here.
and thats the weather....

Today is looking fantabulish I still haven't been to bed but the hallucinations are kicking in.. j/k

Seriously though...no really...I am just fine today..minus lack of sleep but its all right...I am gonna fix that d@mn internal clock if it has me seeing purple elephants!

:ghug Hope everyone is well today...
Old 03-11-2009, 11:37 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

still here, still challenged
Old 03-11-2009, 01:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Eclectics Anonymous

Hey Everyone,

Nothing terribly exciting going on... The snow is melting so maybe I can get my car out and do something relatively constructive.
Old 03-11-2009, 03:01 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Not dead yet. And despite life's best attempt at getting me to drink, I avoided it last night. My BF's ex went crazy (or... well I think she's been crazy for a while. But that's probably another forum entirely). She hacked into his online account for his cell phone and sent me a bunch of text messages of the "I don't love you, I'm getting back together with my ex" variety. So I thought it was him. Wowsers. Such drama!! But I didn't drink, and I didn't do drugs. If I can handle that... really, what can't I handle?

So yay for me! Clean and sober for 5 days now (oh that hurts. Going from 8 weeks to 5 days).
Old 03-12-2009, 08:00 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Never settle.

I'm supposed to be at work. Was supposed to be there at 8:00. But... here it is, 10:00 and I'm still in my pajamas. Guess I'd better get with it. *Yawn*
Old 03-12-2009, 09:03 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hellllooooooooo.

I'm back in CT, family was on fairly good behavior and I had fun visiting with them. It turns out they're actually easier to handle when I'm not jonesing to be left alone so I can drink.

Back to reality, worky-worky tonight. I hope everyone is still fanTABulous!
Old 03-12-2009, 09:17 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Off to my Du x Dia PTSD group this morning. All is well with me so far this morning. Even had a very good experience at my DRA meeting last night. Its comforting to share about my non-supernatural views of recovery and still be within my rights to do so as a DRA member. I would have never thought that mental illness would be a advantage to my recovery...LOL...and love that DRA.
Old 03-13-2009, 04:31 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

figure i ought to check in somewhere.....

I feel myself setting myself up for a bad day....not enough sleep, did't eat right last night or at all yesterday, didn't pay the bills like i was supose to....it's 6:30 and i haven't done my getting ready for work thing...and mostly my head it telling me negative sht.

so if i am on here later whining about how no body loves me and the world is cruel please feel free to tell me I did it to myself...well unless something really bad does happen.....

and if anyone tells me "you can start your day over any time you want" I shall shoot them! (yes dee that includes you!) lol

i'm off to do the deal now
Old 03-13-2009, 04:43 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Me checking in too...I drank again last week.
Old 03-13-2009, 06:01 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Resident

Originally Posted by ananda View Post
figure i ought to check in somewhere.....

so if i am on here later whining about how no body loves me and the world is cruel please feel free to tell me I did it to myself...well unless something really bad does happen.....

and if anyone tells me "you can start your day over any time you want" I shall shoot them! (yes dee that includes you!) lol

i'm off to do the deal now
We love you here. :ghug It is actually impossible to start your day over unless you teleport to a different time zone since the day is a function of time. Yes I know I am a smarty pants.
Old 03-13-2009, 06:14 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I am going to bed with the Australians!! I just looked it up WorldTimeZone.com - Current time around the World . I am on their time. It feels better to know that somewhere in the world it's nighttime, as I shut the blinds on the whussy New England sun.

*hugs* Sorry you're having a rough morning, Nans. Huh that's weird, my downstairs neighbor is blasting a recording of the Brandenburg Concerto. I played it in high school orchestra as a second violinist. I feel it sinking into my brain... My stupid brain is humming along... it's gonna get stuck in there.... GET IT OUT GET IT OUT!!

Uh yeah, time to sign off the internet. (And this is me sober! eesh) Gnight folks.
Old 03-13-2009, 06:48 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Yo.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:00 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Fubar...actually time is a human construct to organize data...it doesn't really exist...so don't get stuck in it huh!

jeeez it's friday the 13th why didn't anyone warn me
Old 03-13-2009, 10:22 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Well crap. Seems like a cheery bunch on here. I have the urge to go get hammered tonight. Hopefully it'll pass before I leave work.