Fantabulous Secular Connections Check-in Part IV

Old 04-05-2009, 01:50 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  
☯ ⓌⒾⓁⓁ☯

Originally Posted by Phaleron View Post
30 days of sunshine for gneiss! yay! :ghug
Good effort Phaleron

Originally Posted by Alera View Post
Now I'm off to watch Gordon Ramsay swear at some bad cooks. Catch you all later!
Ha-ha...YES CHEF! LOL...I dig that show too.
Old 04-05-2009, 02:39 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Thanks, everyone.

So... my moment of :wtf2 today. Ex called. Haven't heard from him in about 3 weeks or so, and actually haven't missed talking to him so much. We're trying to be cool about it though. Anyway, I guess one of my friends sent his gf a MySpace message basically telling her he's a despicable person, which is not true (though he does make some...uh...interesting choice). Some of the things he mentioned the note said actually are true, which might be why he is so mad-- he certainly does not want his gf knowing what he's been up to. I had decided to just let it all go and not worry about it. We're done, after all. He yelled at me about the note, asked if I knew about it before it was sent (no), told me to tell my friend not to contact his gf again, and hung up on me.

But... guess what? 2 weeks ago this would have had me thinking about getting some beer and dope and forgetting the world. Now? Nah. Let him yell, that's the worst he can do. I don't want to meddle with his gf but I'm kinda glad it happened because I got a chance to see how far I've come in terms of staying away from drugs and moving on from him.

Once again today, life rocks.
Old 04-05-2009, 02:50 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Gneiss, congratulations on 30 days

I had some very happy news, did well on an assignment that I put off to the last minute. That was a huge relief but I realized I don't like flying by the seat of my pants anymore. I prefer the steady work paying off style. It's like I am still using the chaotic way I've had for most of my life (that drinking wove right into, blunting the fear and increasing the euphoria at the end).

I feel old. My nerves just can't take it anymore.
Old 04-05-2009, 03:22 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Originally Posted by SelfSeeking View Post
Gneiss, congratulations on 30 days

I had some very happy news, did well on an assignment that I put off to the last minute. That was a huge relief but I realized I don't like flying by the seat of my pants anymore. I prefer the steady work paying off style. It's like I am still using the chaotic way I've had for most of my life (that drinking wove right into, blunting the fear and increasing the euphoria at the end).
Good job on the assignment! I also had a sort of "wing it" lifestyle. I still do, it's how I operate. But I've had to make some modifications. I make sure I go to class and work on time and set aside time for certain things like homework. Even that little bit of structure helps me stay grounded. I still love just seeing where my lack of planning takes me though. Life is an adventure.
Old 04-05-2009, 03:32 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Originally Posted by gneiss View Post

But... guess what? 2 weeks ago this would have had me thinking about getting some beer and dope and forgetting the world. Now? Nah. Let him yell, that's the worst he can do. I don't want to meddle with his gf but I'm kinda glad it happened because I got a chance to see how far I've come in terms of staying away from drugs and moving on from him.

Once again today, life rocks.
Its great to see your recovery in action.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:12 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Where is DK?
Old 04-06-2009, 10:31 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

It seems to me there are lots missing...I miss everyone !
Old 04-06-2009, 10:56 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Seems kinda quiet in here for the past few days. Everyone ok?
Old 04-06-2009, 11:51 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Semi-vent.

It was a weird day for me. Last night I heard from my ex after he had called and yelled at me earlier in the day. He apologized for yelling at me and calmly asked what he had wanted to know and listened to what I told him (like... dude... is this the same person I dated? Maybe he actually is trying to clean up after all, he acted halfway sane... kinda like he did when he was clean).

The girl who started all the MySpace drama started texting me today. I did some drugs with her once upon a time, but she was never an addict, just sort of a rec-league pill popper. Anyway, she is at a friend's tonight and his creepy roommate doesn't care for her one bit. Creepy Roommate keeps 2 loaded guns in the apartment and when she goes over there he sits on the couch flashing those damned guns around and making comments like, "I could take care of all your problems," while glaring at her menacingly. So when she started calling me, flipping out about it (though it happens every time) instead of being sympathetic I told her to either leave the apartment or leave me alone. She kinda flipped out on me, "You hate me! Blah blah blah something-about-not-being-a-real-friend blah blah blah. Blah." To me it's just drama mixed with manipulation and I'm tired of it. I's pretty simple: if she was worried about her safety she would leave. If she does not leave, she just wants to blab about the drama and it's all a game to her. I told her if she left she could call me back and vent a bit, but if she wasn't leaving I wouldn't answer my phone again tonight for her. It was fairly annoying and since I'm on a pretty short fuse lately I decided to clean out the bottom of my closet to work it off.

Midway through the closet-cleaning I found an old stash. I have no idea if I put it there or someone else, but there was about $150 worth of meth. That's not what I needed when I was ticked off. I sat there contemplating. No one would know, and my class tomorrow is canceled so nothing to do. I willed myself not to do it, and actually managed to flush it. A friend happened to come over about then and we had a weird little toilet-side ceremony to commemorate the flushing away of my meth, and my meth habit. Strangely this coincided pretty nicely with being clean for a month. And to celebrate we watched Finding Nemo. Party down!!! Ha ha.

Last edited by gneiss; 04-06-2009 at 11:56 PM. Reason: edited for clarity
Old 04-06-2009, 11:57 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Good job, Gneiss.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:58 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Wow. Good job on flushing the meth!

Love,

Lenina
Old 04-07-2009, 12:14 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Thanks, guys.

As the perfect way to end my day... I got up and looked at my aquarium just now. And the fish that aren't dead are all either breathing at the surface or laying helplessly on the bottom.

Meh. I'm so not getting new fish if the damned things die.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:37 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Originally Posted by Phaleron View Post
You need one of these, you won't forget to check on your fishies...

This might be the most disturbing thing on that website:
"Fish 'n Flush is a great 'conversation piece' that will appeal to most everyone"

How many times do you walk out of a friend's bathroom and compliment the toilet?
Old 04-07-2009, 05:25 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Good for you gneiss !!!!
Old 04-07-2009, 05:52 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

i'm still here..hoovering in the background.....

wheres DK???
Old 04-07-2009, 07:08 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ananda View Post

wheres DK???
We've all been wondering, there are a few "missing in action"
Old 04-07-2009, 07:37 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Help guys... need a reality check. I had classes all day yesterday then worked third shift last night... got home about half an hour ago. A class that I'm auditing meets today 1-5 for lecture. If I go I'll get 2 hours of sleep if I crash rightnow. But then I don't work tonight so I can come home after class and sleep. I need to eat somewhere in there too but uck. I feel all adrenalined out.
Show of hands: Power through? Or crash now?

Screw it, bed wins.

Last edited by SelfSeeking; 04-07-2009 at 07:44 AM. Reason: screw it.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:44 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Eat and rest, IMHO.

Payoff later.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:46 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Personally I would power through it. 2 hours of sleep does me NO good. It makes me feel dizzy, disoriented, and sick to my stomach. I'm usually worse off than if I had just stayed up.

But that's just me. Good luck!!
Old 04-07-2009, 08:30 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Yo.