Blogs

Notices

Fantabulous Secular Connections Check-in Part IV

Old 03-31-2009, 07:33 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gneiss View Post
Now see, I started drinking and drugging while working on my second bachelor's. And even drinking, almost to blackout every night, I did 18 hours of science and calculus classes and passed it all, no sweat. A's and B's. I could handle the alcohol. Once i started drugs though... wowsers. I took 9 hours, and barely managed to pass. I never did my homework.

Doing homework now, for me, is part of recovery. It's getting my life back in order.

But I'd still rather go play in the rain...
Ha, I recently had a dream about quadratic equations. I must confess I flunked math (well, eeked by). I scored in the 97th percentile on the verbal portion of the GRE, but not so hot on the math. I wish my brain worked better in this area. Calculus, forget it. Took me three times to get through it and I only passed with a 'C.'
And this at junior college. Oh well, I guess we all have our talents and "others" we/I don't!
Old 03-31-2009, 10:16 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Now see, I started drinking and drugging while working on my second bachelor's. And even drinking, almost to blackout every night, I did 18 hours of science and calculus classes and passed it all, no sweat. A's and B's. I could handle the alcohol. Once i started drugs though... wowsers. I took 9 hours, and barely managed to pass. I never did my homework.
Sitting through class has always been hard for me due to what I guess you could call a comorbid add/ocd diagnosis, once I added alcohol/blow to the mix it became near impossible because of the hangovers, anxiety, etc.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:45 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Oh God. When I couldn't get crystal I would use coke occasionally and I hated that even worse than the meth. All the next day I'd be so anxious, nervous, and horribly sad. I felt like the world was ending every time I did coke. *Shudder* Nothing that makes you feel that good (even for that fleeting amount of time) is going to let you go easily though.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:49 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Math was never my thing...I'd always make a stupid, simple mistake.

I can't even balance my checkbook...I add where I should subtract and subtract where I should add. Ugh.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:34 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Windy!

I'm sure you're already a regular contributer here (or perhaps an irregular one...):

The Intellectual Appreciation of Poop Humor | PoopReport.com
Old 04-01-2009, 11:23 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Maths is clearly not my thing just ask my boss

I'm hanging in there....I HAVE to take a personal call this afternoon from my sponsor as I really need to run some stuff by her and get some outsider view of whats going on with me today.....fck work....i'll make the time up, but that won't matter if my boss sees me "not working"....

Oh well, I can't controll what she chooses to believe.

I called my mom to talk about my feelings...big mistake....it was like the last try I am willing to give her on that...she hates i don't call her as much anymore, but my life isn't that activity filled...take away the untalkable subjects, and there isn't a whole lot I can say and then she thinks i'm depressed...

Parents!
Old 04-01-2009, 11:34 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  

She's just worried, that means she loves you. And I'm sure you've probably heard that before, she probably doesn't know how to express what she feels without upseting you.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:37 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

Originally Posted by Bamboozle View Post
Windy!

I'm sure you're already a regular contributer here (or perhaps an irregular one...):

The Intellectual Appreciation of Poop Humor | PoopReport.com

Yep, love that site.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:32 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  
Never settle.

I just checked that out. Who do I talk to about having my memories erased?

Just for that...
A king-sized theropod coprolite found in Saskatchewan

And this appears on the USGS website, which means we Americans actually paid for this.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:08 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

I just checked that out. Who do I talk to about having my memories erased?
Here ya go, Gneiss
Lacuna, Inc.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:33 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Cool

Oddly enough, I've found some of this.

If someone asks to see it, hand to them, say it's a fossil.

After they've touched it, tell 'em what it is.

99.9 % of people will discretely smell their firngers, lol.

Well, it amuses us fossil freaks.

Keep well

Ron
Old 04-01-2009, 07:44 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
Cool

Oddly enough, I've found some of this.

If someone asks to see it, hand to them, say it's a fossil.

After they've touched it, tell 'em what it is.

99.9 % of people will discretely smell their firngers, lol.

Well, it amuses us fossil freaks.

Keep well

Ron
Love it, Ron. That's hilarious. Fossil freak? I prefer Paleonerd
Old 04-01-2009, 08:00 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Originally Posted by TryingSoHard View Post
Here ya go, Gneiss
Lacuna, Inc.
Thanks. And the best part, blaring out of my speakers once the page loaded: "Why remember a destructive love affair?"
Old 04-01-2009, 08:04 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Originally Posted by Phaleron View Post
That's very Kafkaesque.
Hmm. They must have taken it down. ***** still links to it if you search "coprolite" but all you get is a 404.

But, fear not. Wikipedia has a picture of the very same coprolite.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:04 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

LOL

My volume stays turned down so I didn't get that. Oh, the irony, eh?

Did you see the movie?
Old 04-01-2009, 08:07 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Oh yes, irony, yes.

I did not see the movie. Maybe I should. Or just get one of those little brain zapper thingies from Men in Black.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:26 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

I really like that movie a lot (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, for those of you who have no idea what we're talking about). And as a side note, that movie is what gave me the inspiration and courage, if you will, to start dying my hair funky colors. I remember sitting my living room, watching Kate Winslet walk around with blue hair and green hair and thinking, "Wow. How freeing must that be, to just do what you want and not worry about what anyone else thinks?" A few weeks later I decided F it... it's my hair. And it's JUST hair. It can always be re-colored, or cut, or covered up, or hell, shaved off. So why not? I haven't had my plain and boring brown hair since.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:37 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  
Never settle.

I had green hair for a time, junior year of high school. It was fun. Seriously, it's just hair, after all. Good for you, TSH!!
Old 04-01-2009, 08:44 PM
  # 239 (permalink)  
Never settle.

My reason for dying my hair funky colors: I was 16. Had to be a [email protected] Or at least an @ss. Whichever.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:47 PM
  # 240 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

I started with a VERY temporary product made by L'Oreal. It was a mousse and the box said it washed out in 4 - 8 shampoos. The color I got was called Chilled Plum. It was kind of like a red wine color with a hint of purple. I loved it. After that I quit with the home, over-the-counter stuff and hit the hair salon.

I've had a stylist or two who was WAY more nervous about coloring my hair than I was about having it colored. I've brought in magazine pictures, and I've even brought in my laptop with web pages pulled up (pictures of Joss Stone and Pixie Acia) to show them exactly what I'm looking for. It took my hair girl about 3 times of dying my hair various shades of red before she'd go with the hot pink that I'd been wanting. I got more compliments with that pink hair!!!

I think now I've done just about every shade of red and pink possible, from the brightest hot pink to a deep, rich magenta. I've also covered purple (which turned blue when it started to fade) and midnight blue (which is so dark it actually looks black).

I love it and I can't imagine going back to my boring old brown hair. To be honest I have no idea if my hair is starting to turn gray or not because it constantly stays colored.

It's about time to do it again. Maybe y'all can help me decide what to do this next time.