oh well...guess its ok to have those days
Old 04-07-2009, 10:27 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  
Never settle.

We all have them, ananda. :ghug3
Old 04-07-2009, 03:13 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Blah. All except one of my fish died. And it doesn't look good for the one that's still hanging in there.

And I was not accepted to my 1st-choice grad school. Still waiting on the other school. I've already been accepted at my back-up school, which is where I go now, so it's not a complete disaster. Still though...

Hmpf.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:54 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

eee gads what a crappy day it has been.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:14 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

Nuthin really. Just dealing with corporate slimebag bankers who are greedy thieves and they suck major dingdongery. I'm just hatin on corporate America at the moment. I'll be ayite. Going to the Bahamas on saturday and I'll feel better then.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:19 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Sucks about the fish, Gneiss. But yeah, when one gets sick/dies, it tends to make the rest of them sick, too. We went through a rough patch with our fish a couple of months ago. *knock on wood* everything seems to be better now.

BAHAMAS?!?!? I WANNA GO!!!!!
Old 04-07-2009, 06:53 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

ok...i know it makes you a codie, but....thanks for worrying Phally

yep the stress of work really really scks....I hope it changes soon..my boss was totally unreasonable today cause she didn't get her special parkingspace...and i didn't just jump up and fix the world for her as i had phones ringing off the walls....

had to remember that i can't control her emotional state even if she wants me to
Old 04-07-2009, 08:07 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  
lunarlovelunar

Phal and nanda~ work is entirely over rated and a royal pain in the tushy.....HUGE :ghug3

Gneiss~ I can no longer have fishies because it breaks my peapickin heart when they die...can you believe my first fishies name was Happy lol poor fishy died :wtf2

Windy~ your too funny stop it....make me rofl....

As for me...I am doing better...have counseling tomorrow...trying to keep studying but man when its on your own time line ughhh hehehe ya kind of slack a little! lol

:ghug s for everyone

Where IS DK by the way.........? Helloooooo we miss your awesome wisdomness! We are lost without you! Who will we worship now? Coommmmeee bacckkkk!
Old 04-07-2009, 09:05 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Wow. A craptastic day, all around I guess.

To make myself feel better about the whole dead-fish-and-grad-school thing I went for a walk. Took my camera because the flowers are out. Got a nice picture of some tulips before my camera gave up the ghost as well. Just turned it on and *poof* won't work. At least the photos are on the memory card so I didn't lose them.

And then I went to the doctor and he saw the bruises on my arm from working the other day and he started to question me like I'd been abused (yeah... by one of my professors! Hardly counts as a domestic situation though). And what I thought would be, "Here's some medication, you'll be fine in a week" is actually "That's genetic and we can't really do much for ya."

I call a do-over on today.
Old 04-08-2009, 04:49 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

OK...so i hurt my back Saturday lifting shelving (metal in boxes) out of the trunk and to the house. My back is a mess..and the worst is laying down..sleep is a painful experience right now.

I wanted to stay home and just cuddle under the covers, but it hurts less to be up...Dont wanna go to the dr cause it wastes hours and all they will do is tell me to use heating pad and take asprin or ibiprofen ...which i can do without the dr.'s permission, but probably won't...

just outa sorts....

should be on whiners with this one...sorry guys.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:06 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Just checking in!! Will post more later, but I was taking a break from SR because of all the drama..u know..about what exactly we can say about AA here. But i'm feeling a little better about posting here now. I'll still avoid the 12 step forums because they just make me angry. lol
Old 04-08-2009, 06:16 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  

glad you checked in Eroica, I was wondering where you went.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:36 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  
Resident

Just checking in to say Hi. I have been sticking to the safer sections lately also, mostly whiners. It looks like things are calming down. It is all the recovery talk that gets people riled up so maybe it would be better not to discuss recovery on the recovery site while we are all trying to recover.
Just kidding.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:28 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Fuby (hug)

Sarcasm suits you (grin)
Old 04-08-2009, 08:43 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Originally Posted by Fubarcdn View Post
It is all the recovery talk that gets people riled up so maybe it would be better not to discuss recovery on the recovery site while we are all trying to recover.
That is classic!
Old 04-08-2009, 09:27 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  
☯ ⓌⒾⓁⓁ☯

Originally Posted by Fubarcdn View Post
It looks like things are calming down. It is all the recovery talk that gets people riled up so maybe it would be better not to discuss recovery on the recovery site while we are all trying to recover.
I think I can see the wisdom in that statement . To expand that thought a little further and apply it to me. Maybe it would be better for me not to scrutinize the recovery of others on the recovery site while I'm trying to recover.

LOL...The universe works in mysterious ways...no, really it dose (particle physics) and I needed to read that. Thanks Fub for the insight.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:46 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  
lunarlovelunar

Good morning all!
Its cloudy here today...after having a few beautiful sunny days....:wtf2
I suppose it will help me do my homework instead of basking in the sun .....
I have counseling today..hope this session is a little less dramatic than the last one, and I hope I dont get in trouble for not doing my homework.....supposed to write down every negative self talk I have and take time to be sad every day so that I deal with some stuff...I didnt write down a darn thing and only was sad twice in 7 days...uh oh lol Seems too structured for me to try and be sad everyday at some point...besides I think I have pulled my head out enough now to let myself feel what ever I am feeling and not fight it so much...Did you know that people are periodically sad ? I thought we were always like lucky charms happy!
LOL Any who, Im hoping for a fantastic productive day.

:ghug s for everyone!
Old 04-08-2009, 01:09 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Have been needing a Secular Connection hit so popping on over and reading the last few days - missing you guys.

Sounds like yesterday was a do-over day for lots.. here we are in Wed - hopefully better.

I "sit" with a group on Tues evenings (zen-type sitting).. and a big topic on forgiveness came up last night and wow I just found myself feel like crying and crying.. Thinking about the stuff I have done over the years and how I feel toward myself about that time of life.. sadness and uncertainty in there for me about past stuff that I just could not accept now in my life.. I think I put it out of my conscious mind a lot but boy is it there.. Not quite sure what to do with these feelings - mainly trying to let them hang out in my head for a while and see where they go... maybe I'll get a dream message or something to help resolve this stuff..

On a cheerier note - we have rain and things are green.. Took a hike with friends a on Sunday and saw both jackrabbits and cottontails - is that a sign or what??

Have some new work projects and that is good ($$$).. and most of all I am sober and hanging in here.

:ghug
Old 04-08-2009, 07:25 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  
lunarlovelunar

Kingbird :ghug3

Oh the land of repressed emotions! I have traveled there recently. All I know is that I came out the other side feeling a bit lighter, and I hope you do too! You just cry all you need too!

:ghug and here is a group hug if ya need it!
Old 04-08-2009, 08:39 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  
Never settle.

I've been feeling kinda loserish today. I haven't gone to work or done any homework all week, which is probably a huge part of it; all my classes were canceled this week so I haven't had any structure and I really need it. Even that tiny bit of structure, having something to do for a couple hours each day really helps me.

I've been trying to actually go out and socialize but for a few days people have just been getting on my nerves. It's a lot like it is right after I stop using each time... cranky and antisocial. And because of that all my interactions with people seem negative, even though I don't think they are. Even here on SR I feel like I haven't quite said anything right in a few days.

Meh. This too shall pass, right?

:ghug I need one, so thanks for everyone who sent them around earlier.