Old 10-17-2008, 11:55 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Originally Posted by ananda View Post
DK...check in time!
I'm aight. Jus chillin' in da crib...
Old 10-19-2008, 09:10 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  

OK it's check in time again!!!!! I wanna hear from DK and tyler......

Happy Sunday :day4
Old 10-19-2008, 09:19 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

I'm okay, another day another... but dang sure good to see Tyler back, especially since we've been hangin' out on his thread, LOL!
Old 10-20-2008, 09:30 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

No getting loaded today.

Old 10-20-2008, 09:41 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  

I feel very sad right now, but I have no desire to kill that feeling with drinking or druging....I plan to just sit and let it be....it will pass and is only there because I had so much joy at one point. It's part of participating in my own life...means I feel the conections and the absences.

Yep DK...don't get loaded is the plan of the day :ghug3
Old 10-20-2008, 03:06 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

I'm here. I'm ayite.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:29 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Still here too. No drinky no drugy for me as well.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:52 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  
things as it is

Feeling a bit bummed myself. Tired and a tad hopeless.

Hey, zencat...good to hear from ya!
Old 10-20-2008, 04:31 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Hey!!

Future Mr Seeking and I are having a good time... And I was offered a job! Interview's tomorrow but it sounds pretty much in the bag. It will have *benefits*... omg... health insurance! *swoon* Good thing too, because I have about two weeks of my student insurance left after which I could purchase it for the rest of the semester at full price:$1800. No pro-rating. You buy a whole semester or none at all, no matter how much time is left. Nice huh. So thank gob, no more student insurance for me. I think my life expectancy just increased!

Still dunno if I'll be back at school in the spring. But just knowing that I can survive no matter what happens with that is huge!

Hope everybody's doing good. Oh yeah- I saw Religulous, the Bill Maher movie, the other night and it was good in my sight. Heavily edited to make the interviewees look as bad as possible, but most of them did skewer themselves with little help from Bill. Dunno if they'll be showing it in Louisiana, windy
Old 10-21-2008, 08:09 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  

hope some of you can make it to the AAA meeting in chat tonight...8pm central standard time....love to here you all share about recovery!
Old 10-21-2008, 08:24 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

I suck. I ended up being a Joe 6-Pack yesterday. Not feelin' too well...
Old 10-21-2008, 09:31 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  

you don't suck...drinking sucks!

:ghug3

I know I know...bouncing you on your head doesn't help the head ache!
Old 10-21-2008, 04:28 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

I made my appointment today. It went well. I have another appointment next Thursday with the therapist as well as one with the med doctor.
Old 10-25-2008, 08:49 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  

welll....check in time...i've been sober 15 months today....but i feel sorta stuck....think it's time for a change and just hoping i make a healthy change and not a dumb one.

letting my house slide again, and the bills, and my own body....sigh

Can everyone check in today and maybe let me know how you are doing and maybe some positive changes you are making in your lives? I just seem to be stuck....
Old 10-25-2008, 10:20 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  

CONGRATULATIONS ananda!! Over a year... *sigh* You help me dare to dream

My check-in: I think being in AA is helping my relationship with my fiance. I am learning to be open about what I'm thinking and feeling, because shoving thoughts/feelings down makes me want to throw some alcohol on top to keep them down. Me and SO are learning how to talk to each other.

My new job orientation starts on Nov 10th. Financially it's going to be a stretch til then, but I'll solder my wallet shut and make it somehow. I have a meeting with a dean on Monday to discuss coming back to school in the spring. I don't know what to expect but I know there's no way to control it... I'll need to be in control of how I handle it, that's all I can do.

I'm going to spend the afternoon in a bookstore and drink hot chocolate and enjoy my last full day with SO... he leaves tomorrow.
Old 10-25-2008, 02:55 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  
things as it is

Hey Ananda...congrats on the 15 months.

You aren't stuck. Everything changes...constantly. You aren't the same person right now than you were when you woke up this morning. Everything is in a constant state of flux.

I just got back from a nice date (for once, he was really a nice guy). I've been working steadily at my little part time job and a few freelance jobs just came in. I am grateful for the work, even though I'm still having a hard time with bills...I'm just gonna keep on truckin'.

Asheville is still on the radar and I'm feeling hopeful about it.

Go sit, nans...you know it helps.

Old 10-25-2008, 07:22 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Good effort with keeping sober Ananda .

Originally Posted by Zendust
Go sit, nans...you know it helps.
Yeppers, I'll second that and count your blessings too. You know you have them, so give them due recognition. Especially the good character quality's I see you have.

As for me, wasn't very motivated today. Put off a few tasks I thought I could do today. No big deal, although its funny that its too late now in the day for me do those things and I feel like doing them now...LOL...funny how that works. I think I'll use that energy and go in another direction with it. Monday I'll have 10 months clean-n-sober. Not to toot my own horn, just thought like checking-in on sober time too. Really its coming up on 2 yrs that I have made the most progress since the beginning of 2003 when I returned to recovering from active addiction. All and all life is moving along with me. Oh how much better than to be dragged along . May you keep moving forward in your recovery my secular friends.
Old 10-26-2008, 05:17 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  
things as it is

Geez zencat! What a wonderful post.

Thank you and I'm glad you are doing well. I think a lot of you too. You are a very intelligent and compassionate person.

Hugs
Old 10-26-2008, 09:06 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  

I think we need a mutual admiration society group hug! :ghug2

Being able to flex and flow as life changes sure does help. I sat and it made a difference. I think I will remember that today as well!

I think that it will be a big help for my son and I when we get all the way through the process of the house change .... but that is something that could easily not be over till next April and there will be constant change between now and then (yeah i know change is constant )

My clocks auto changed back....guess it's good to remember that time is just a construct
Old 10-28-2008, 05:59 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  

DK???????? Are you ok?