Blogs

Notices

S.C. Check-in

Old 11-08-2008, 11:55 AM
  # 361 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

LOL, and I thought I was being looked at as unwilling to recovery because of my resistance to molding my beliefs to fit the 12-Step concept.
Old 11-08-2008, 12:16 PM
  # 362 (permalink)  

I remember a time when others opinions of me mattered. In this journey of recovery I have found it was what I thought about myself that made me drink..fear of never being able to look at myself in the eye made me seek out others acceptance. Huge shift in the past year...for each day I DECIDE not to drink my belief in myself becomes more concrete. I have taken responsibility for each drink I have taken and the negative consequences for the choice. Now the choice is easy...I choose life, I chose to care enough about myself to lay aside what I thought I knew for what I could teach myself. I decide today and everyday to not drink...amaze yourself DK one day, one decision at a time.
Old 11-08-2008, 03:10 PM
  # 363 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

ananda, missed you too! Please feel free to jump in here at secular. I get a lot from your posts.

doorknob, I feel the same way about the men's forum. Perhaps this is because most of my friends are men. I follow several sports and love to play video games, for example.
Old 11-08-2008, 03:31 PM
  # 364 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

LOL, that's funny, cuz I have little interest in the mens forum. I don't watch or follow sports, haven't played video games since I was a kid, and with some exceptions, tend to prefer the company of women. It's too bad we couldn't trade privileges...
Old 11-08-2008, 03:44 PM
  # 365 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Originally Posted by doorknob View Post
Ya know... This is pretty pathetic, but I think part of the reason I was getting bummed is because this forum has been so slow and so many here are female and have been posting a lot in the womens forum where I'm not supposed to be reading and I was feeling left out. Stupid penis...
That makes me wonder how you know we've been posting in the womens forum, since you're "not supposed to be reading" it. Hahaha.... you don't have to say anything that might incriminate yourself.

That cracks me up.
Old 11-08-2008, 04:00 PM
  # 366 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Well, I usually use the 'New Posts' feature, which gives the thread title, the name of whoever posted last, and what forum it was posted in.

Last edited by doorknob; 11-08-2008 at 04:23 PM.
Old 11-08-2008, 04:37 PM
  # 367 (permalink)  
Administrator

Stupid penis...
Yeah I got one of those too

Nothing personal DK LOL...I just been spending less time here @SR all round lately

I get bupkis outa the Mens Forum too LOL

D
Old 11-09-2008, 07:30 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  

LOL, that's funny, cuz I have little interest in the mens forum. I don't watch or follow sports, haven't played video games since I was a kid, and with some exceptions, tend to prefer the company of women.
Me too, lol.
Old 11-09-2008, 08:06 AM
  # 369 (permalink)  

Women rock!!!!!:ghug2
Old 11-09-2008, 08:35 AM
  # 370 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Men can be nice too, ya know...
Old 11-09-2008, 08:36 AM
  # 371 (permalink)  

Hi! I just wanted to see if I could go 24 hours without going online. No problem! So I think I'm a moderate internet user. Just had to check myself.

I'm still happy that I sniffed out another atheist at a meeting.
Old 11-09-2008, 08:41 AM
  # 372 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

I probably couldn't, but I don't care, lol. Better than using... Plus, there's nothing to do here, and we don't have television.
Old 11-09-2008, 10:11 AM
  # 373 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Originally Posted by SelfSeeking View Post
Hi! I just wanted to see if I could go 24 hours without going online. No problem! So I think I'm a moderate internet user. Just had to check myself.

I'm still happy that I sniffed out another atheist at a meeting.
24 hours? Ha! My computer is pretty much always on. It's sort of integrated into my life. It's my primary form of communication, my stereo, and my link to the world because I don't tend to watch the News that much on TV, and half my friends live elsewhere. I have trouble going 2 or 3 hours without doing something online.

On the other hand, I also take off camping with friends for the weekend and don't check in for 3 days and basically am dead to the world. Being constantly connected and having people be able to get in touch with me always gets kind of obnoxious and its nice to get away from the computer and to a place where my cell phone can't get a signal and I can hide from the world.
Old 11-09-2008, 08:59 PM
  # 374 (permalink)  

Men can be nice too, ya know...

I've dicovered I like men just fine DK!
Old 11-11-2008, 07:42 AM
  # 375 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Day 12.
Old 11-11-2008, 03:55 PM
  # 376 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Hello everyone. DK, you are doing way better than me.

Today I went with my @$s in my hands and turned it over to my old job at Burgerville. Ugh....

I'm trying, trying desperatly this time (oh my freakin' goodness how hard I am TRYING) to NOT let this drag me down. I'm trying not to think. Thinking is bad. Thinking is destructive. Thinking brings me down.

Instead, I would like to focus on my art instead. Art, art, art. Keep making art (even though it sucks right now and I'm still stuck). Keep plugging away. Art. Art. More art. Art 'till I barf!

Art until it starts to come together.

I'm not producing nearly as much as I'd like to, but this is more than I've done BY FAR in the last three years.

I'm trying to grab ahold of my surroundings to fight the effects of gravity. I would like to stand on my own two feet someday.

Peace, people.
Old 11-11-2008, 04:16 PM
  # 377 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Bam, you got one up on me. You're able to work. Good to hear from ya!
Old 11-11-2008, 05:45 PM
  # 378 (permalink)  

You're doing so great DK! and Bam...it's great to see you back!!!!

I saw my "friend" today for the first time in 6 weeks...sigh...he still knocks my socks off

Oh well...OTHER than that I'm doing well today...was off work and things were nice.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:42 PM
  # 379 (permalink)  
☯ ⓌⒾⓁⓁ☯

Smile Quicky Check-In.

Hi secular peeps

Still doing good on the sober deal. Been a bit busy with stuff. Nothing useful, just busy at doing nothing really...LOL. Have been browsing through the thrift stores and found some Sims expansion packs, so now I hooked on playing my Sims game. Thinking about buying some other expansion games on ebay. I think this is a good indicator on my mood lately. Because when I'm in a low mood I don't play my video games. Also I'm back to learning HTML/CSS for web pages. Another big time consumer and good mood indicator.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:20 AM
  # 380 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Good to see ya, Zen. I've been going to AA meetings, well a couple... I've sold out, lol!

Day 14.