S.C. Check-in

Old 10-07-2008, 10:42 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Glad to hear your spider made it back from the dead

I got a new computer so I'm back and doing okay. Was transferred to another department at work but I'm enjoying the work. My boss has been here forever which is nice. My last boss had just been hired and didn't understand the culture. This is much easier.

Catch you all later, and Mike keep posting!
Old 10-08-2008, 03:56 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Hi everyone...
Old 10-08-2008, 03:59 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Hi, Bam.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:01 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Hey, DK.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:11 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  

you guys are so cute!!!!!!!!

hi DK and Bam! Don't worry no one is looking it is safe!!! :ghug

(you can giggle and everything...we won't tell)
Old 10-08-2008, 04:13 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Hi, ananda!
Old 10-08-2008, 04:53 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Toe wave
Old 10-08-2008, 08:40 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  

I'm off to bed....May we all find and follow our path and walk skillfully through our karma :ghug
Old 10-11-2008, 10:45 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  
Never settle.

OMG!!! I'm not the only one!!! See, I can pretty successfully stay sober for a few days at a time--this latest was 3 and a half-- and then I have a drink and I feel like a loser because (at least in my mind) "everyone" either stays sober or goes back to it. So there's hope for me yet. I don't even have to drink a lot, just one or two is enough, I don't [always] lose control.

Actually, my last night out at the bar I lost it in a big way and that was the final straw. I realized I had to get sober and deal with my problems instead of throwing alcohol at them before I end up in jail, dead, or otherwise in bad trouble.

Plus, I'm starting grad school soon. Who wants to start that on a bad note?
Old 10-11-2008, 12:03 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  

gneiss, congrats on grad school! I'm finishing up my BA now and am making plans to either attend grad school (to become a legal constitutional researcher) or law school.

I used to have serious problems on my third day when I first tried to stop using. The key for me was to make plans ahead of time that kept me busy on that day. The one that worked best and got me through the final time was a movie that was only shown a few times. I made plans to go with friends, and then out to eat at the burger joint next to the theater that night. None of us planned to drink since we had classes and/or work the next day. It also kept me tied up with plans during the tempting time when I normally would use. Also, others were expecting me to be there and would be disappointed if I left during our activities.

Now that I type this, I may use the same technique to get through the third day of non-smoking. I've quit several times lately and fallen back on, surprise surprise, the third day.
Old 10-11-2008, 12:20 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Originally Posted by gneiss View Post
OMG!!! I'm not the only one!!! See, I can pretty successfully stay sober for a few days at a time--this latest was 3 and a half-- and then I have a drink and I feel like a loser because (at least in my mind) "everyone" either stays sober or goes back to it. So there's hope for me yet. I don't even have to drink a lot, just one or two is enough, I don't [always] lose control.

Actually, my last night out at the bar I lost it in a big way and that was the final straw. I realized I had to get sober and deal with my problems instead of throwing alcohol at them before I end up in jail, dead, or otherwise in bad trouble.

Plus, I'm starting grad school soon. Who wants to start that on a bad note?
I've been stuck in this cycle for 6 or 7 years and have never completely lost hope. I started making serious attempts to leave the beer (and weed) behind a few years before I joined SR.

BTW, welcome to the board!
Old 10-11-2008, 01:05 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Alera- Thanks so much, and congrats on grad school for you as well. I actually thought about law school too!! Alas, I decided a masters and/or PhD was more fun.. law school sounds too much like work :P

Having class in the morning isn't much of a deterrent for my drinking. It used to be. And then when I started using other drugs, I wouldn't do them on school nights. But eventually I found myself doing meth the night before an exam. :wtf2 However, drug use is secondary to alcohol for me. I only do the drugs because I'm drunk and they are available. Oh, and it's fun. Damn brain, I keep telling myself drugs aren't fun but do you think my brain listens to me? Of course not.

So... stay busy and distract myself. Got it.

No idea about this one but drinking and/or not drinking has affected my ability to control my own body temperature. It's about 75 outside right now and I'm in a sweatshirt and running a space heater. That's not normal.
Old 10-11-2008, 03:45 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  

I had a lot of physical problems durning my drinking and early recovery....worked with my doctor on that seemed like i was at the dr.'s every week for months

but the temperature hot and cold thing was one of my issues...and now it isn't a problem...

hang in there gneiss...it's great to have you here!
Old 10-11-2008, 03:51 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  

hi doorknob!:ghug2
Old 10-11-2008, 04:16 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  

The downside of going to AA meetings is that they are groups of people. Groups of people have germs. My throat hurts and I don't feel good.

D@mn you, AA, you and your incessant demands that I be around others! Where's my Purell?...
Old 10-11-2008, 04:18 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  

awwwwh

I hope you feel better soon SS! :ghug
Old 10-14-2008, 05:35 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Hello secular folk!

I'm here...and I'm trying...sober now and sober yesterday...not counting the days, though...don't worry...I'm not using that as an excuse...I just don't think that's where my focus should be.

Haven't heard from Stone or SS in a while...I hope you two are doing well. Hello and big hugs. :ghug3

Hi ananda!

Hi DK!

Hi zendust!

Hi zencat!

Hi gneiss!

Hi SlvrMag!

Hi to anyone else I'm forgetting!
Old 10-14-2008, 05:41 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

hi bam AKA Lumpy

Stoney is back in the bottoms!!!!! And SS is doing ok I think.

I think i am having a put your foot in your mouth day myself....so I guess restraint of tounge, pen, and keyboard is in order !!!!
Old 10-14-2008, 10:15 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Good to see you posting Bamboozle. I'm at home with a nasty cold. The kind where you are too sick to go out to get your cigarettes.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:17 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

OMG thats really bad Alera.......will you live?????

Oh yeah...you know i keep typing alegra...like that drug sorry!!!