Notices

Food Addiction- 24 Hour Thread/Support

Old 06-07-2018, 06:39 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
Thanks Liebe- I appreciate your words.

I really hope you can find some peace in your heart tonight- I can only imagine how hard it feels when we don't have control over some of the things our bodies are doing. If I were you I would look for some online support for Hashimoto's so you can talk to other people who are going through the same thing. It would just help you feel less alone and maybe you could discover some ways to help you with the hunger signals. I know you said you don't do FB but perhaps Reddit has a group?

Make this a good day- be gentle with yourself- breath a little deeper...
Thank you so much. Yes, its very frustrating. I have some books on Hashimotos too, but some seem so extreme- to the point where it seems it would be too difficult to keep up with. Im a middle of the road type of person. I need balance. Hashimotos is tricky. I have a cousin who has adhered to a very strict Hashi diet, a lot of natural med and still is having major challenges after a year. I know Im not her, but I do worry about going too far in one direction. I dont know. I feel like the older I get, the less I know- lol. What I do know is I need to get my eating under control and I am SO glad I found this thread!
Ive never heard of Reddit. Ill have to check it out.
Im going to a meeting, that should help me. Today was better than yesterday. I didnt overeat today! I didnt use the containers to their full extent, but I did use a couple ( carbs and fruit ones) and used the other as sort of a visual aide to gage my portions. Kinda worried about the weekend because thats when I tend to overeat.
Thank you for your support. I hope you are doing ok.
Old 06-07-2018, 06:50 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Hello, I would like to join this thread if I can! Like many of you, I have intertwined alcoholism and disordered eating. Like many of you who have shared, I've done ALL the things: overeating, restricting, overexercising, rotting away w junk food and beer. I tend to be all in or all out. I've been known to burn 3k calories on an elliptical in one day and the next day, drink an entire wine cube on my own while eating nachos and ice cream. So fun, right?

I'm 3+ weeks sober, and I attribute a huge part of my success this time around to doing a low carb diet. Keeping macros at 20% carbs (counting fiber), 25% protein, and the rest fats.. I am very active, and really focusing on strength training and anything that makes me feel confident. I don't know if I've lost any weight since getting sober because I do not weigh myself (it becomes a thing). I want to lose 20ish pounds, and look better. But the older I get...mostly I just want to feel better, mind and body, and I have more than enough evidence at this point to suggest that my eating and drinking are intertwined.
Old 06-07-2018, 07:01 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Oh, and I love cheese. and LaCroix. They are basically their own macros.
Old 06-07-2018, 08:05 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Oh, yeah....cheese is definitely one of my weaknesses!
Old 06-08-2018, 02:51 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Liebe View Post
Thank you so much. Yes, its very frustrating. I have some books on Hashimotos too, but some seem so extreme- to the point where it seems it would be too difficult to keep up with. Im a middle of the road type of person. I need balance. Hashimotos is tricky. I have a cousin who has adhered to a very strict Hashi diet, a lot of natural med and still is having major challenges after a year. I know Im not her, but I do worry about going too far in one direction. I dont know. I feel like the older I get, the less I know- lol. What I do know is I need to get my eating under control and I am SO glad I found this thread!
Im going to a meeting, that should help me. Today was better than yesterday. I didnt overeat today! I didnt use the containers to their full extent, but I did use a couple ( carbs and fruit ones) and used the other as sort of a visual aide to gage my portions. Kinda worried about the weekend because thats when I tend to overeat.
I can understand being frustrated about it- I do hope you find a group or some type of help which resonates with you. I think that's why it can get so overwhelming these days- there is SO much info out there! Sometimes our intuition is the best way to go, at least that's what I believe. That's how I found keto- prayer, intuition and and a strong knowing that it would be a great approach for my food obsession and fear of fat I held onto for decades.

I am SO happy you had a great day! I did well during the day but ended in a small, hour long binge of constant trips to the cabinet when no one was looking. It was sneaky, it was pointless and now I feel kind of gross. It's a shame I haven't been able to string more than 3 days together for over 2 weeks now. But I learned my lesson- my AV was trying to convince me that I don't need to abstain from sugar, I just need to eat mindfully. Nope. I can't have sugar. Period.

Weekends can be tough! Can you find some new recipes and go shopping tonight so that you are excited about trying something new? Plan them out on a piece of paper or app? This is my hurdle- when I plan my meals on Chronometer ( a free app) I stick to them 100% of the time. When I wing it, I end up over snacking and then sometimes binging. So maybe that would work for you as well? You could just loosely right down the meals on paper maybe even include the times you will eat. I hope that helps. 3 hours at least between meals is what I've always heard is the best to allow your body to digest and rest. I once read a book on leptin (our hunger hormone) and it said 5 hours between meals is ideal although I know that can get tricky. I googled leptin and hashimoto and found this:

http://www.wilmingtonspineandjoint.c...in-resistance/

Have a wonderful Friday!
I am going to miss my spin class because I overslept but going to hope on my spin bike in the basement for an hour.

Old 06-08-2018, 03:00 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Hey Topspin, do you know how to clean up old windows? I believe these are the original ones from the when the house was built and whoever painted them did a sloppy job. How can I clean up the paint that is on the actual glass??

Old 06-08-2018, 03:17 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ProfessorD View Post
Hello, I would like to join this thread if I can! Like many of you, I have intertwined alcoholism and disordered eating. Like many of you who have shared, I've done ALL the things: overeating, restricting, overexercising, rotting away w junk food and beer. I tend to be all in or all out. I've been known to burn 3k calories on an elliptical in one day and the next day, drink an entire wine cube on my own while eating nachos and ice cream. So fun, right?

I'm 3+ weeks sober, and I attribute a huge part of my success this time around to doing a low carb diet. Keeping macros at 20% carbs (counting fiber), 25% protein, and the rest fats.. I am very active, and really focusing on strength training and anything that makes me feel confident. I don't know if I've lost any weight since getting sober because I do not weigh myself (it becomes a thing). I want to lose 20ish pounds, and look better. But the older I get...mostly I just want to feel better, mind and body, and I have more than enough evidence at this point to suggest that my eating and drinking are intertwined.
I am so happy to meet you Professor D! Our stories sound very similar and I'm so glad that low carb also works for you! I am a strength training lover myself- I do Alexia Clark workouts, have you heard of her? 5 weight sessions a week plus cardio. Keto has taken my strength to a whole new level and I'm stronger than I was in my 20s (I'm 41,) It's amazing!

3 weeks sober is really great- So many people have a hard time getting sober and tackling the food stuff at the same time. It sounds like you are making it work and that is truly wonderful! La Croix and cheese are 2 of my favorite things as well lol! My new favorite snack is flax seed crackers with melted mozzarella and a few cut up grape tomatoes on top. So filling

Please post as often as you need/like- we are very happy to have you!
Old 06-08-2018, 04:04 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

thanks, Sunflower! I haven't heard of Alexia Clark. I used to do all the Jillian Michaels DVDs, but lately I've just been doing my workouts (basically the moves I remember lol). I will check out Clark later today!

Thanks or the warm welcome. This thread is a really great idea
Old 06-08-2018, 04:14 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ProfessorD View Post
thanks, Sunflower! I haven't heard of Alexia Clark. I used to do all the Jillian Michaels DVDs, but lately I've just been doing my workouts (basically the moves I remember lol). I will check out Clark later today!

Thanks or the warm welcome. This thread is a really great idea
It really warms my heart to see more and more people here.

Alexia is on FB and Instagram if you follow those. She uses a lot of compound exercises and unique combinations. She is one of a kind! I pay monthly for her workouts but she posts plenty of free ones every day also. Have a wonderful day!
Old 06-08-2018, 04:20 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Liebe View Post
I just realized the article I shared with you talks about leptin resistance and being overweight. I don’t want to imply that you are as I don’t know your weight. But leptin resistance as I understand it can happen regardless of size. For me after a long few days of binging I find that if I space my meals out and stop snacking it helps reset my hunger cues.
Old 06-08-2018, 05:17 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

I started my day off right with almond butter and greek yogurt. Filling with no carbs. Today is going to be a bit of a challenge alcohol triggers wise, but I'm feeling good about the food part. Hope everyone has a good Friday!
Old 06-08-2018, 05:25 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

I have to catch up.....but hugs to all.
And love to you this morning darling Sunny. ♥♥
Old 06-08-2018, 05:51 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Thank Suze. I am not doing well. I should have known that the sugar I ate last night would be triggering a binge today. I am torn between stopping now or continuing as I have the whole house to myself today. I hate this. The sneakiness and planning. The fantasy in my head about where to shop and what foods to buy. I don’t want to feel this way and I don’t know how or if I will choose to stop it all.
Old 06-08-2018, 06:17 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Can you go for a walk and try to recenter yourself, Sunflower? In drinking and binging, I find that taking a break helps me get out of it. Just say you won't binge for an hour, then revisit when you've had some calm time to reflect?
Old 06-08-2018, 06:24 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Hi Sunflower - really, really sorry to but in

With regards to the glass cleaner;

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=gl...h=745&dpr=1.25

(It worked for me).

Have a lovely weekend all x
Old 06-08-2018, 06:27 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Hi Sunflower. I had a great big sugar/carb "eff it" couple of days. It's so similar to the pull of alcohol isn't it? Today I'm resetting if I can. House to myself so no noise. Noise hurts me these days.
So far I've just had greek yoghurt with 3 pears chopped up. I'm going to have a couple of eggs to fill me until dinner and prepare dinner before the kids come home. I really needed today. When I feel myself drowning it's never good. Hope you manage to centre yourself too sweetheart. Right beside you honey ❤❤❤
Old 06-08-2018, 06:37 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
Thank Suze. I am not doing well. I should have known that the sugar I ate last night would be triggering a binge today. I am torn between stopping now or continuing as I have the whole house to myself today. I hate this. The sneakiness and planning. The fantasy in my head about where to shop and what foods to buy. I don’t want to feel this way and I don’t know how or if I will choose to stop it all.
Choose you.....choose to let the light back in love.....I know those fantasies, but just like the drinking ones, they are lies....I used to buy boxes of chocolates and lie on my bed and eat them for hours.....and cry.

Did you go for a walk? How are you now.... ♥♥♥
Old 06-08-2018, 06:51 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Yixi View Post
Hi Sunflower - really, really sorry to but in

With regards to the glass cleaner;

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=gl...h=745&dpr=1.25

(It worked for me).

Have a lovely weekend all x
Thanks Yixi! I found our glass scraper this morning and just bought some glass cleaner and sponges at the store - great minds think alike
Old 06-08-2018, 06:53 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Choose you.....choose to let the light back in love.....I know those fantasies, but just like the drinking ones, they are lies....I used to buy boxes of chocolates and lie on my bed and eat them for hours.....and cry.

Did you go for a walk? How are you now.... ♥♥♥
So I dropped off the boys and then went to the grocery store. I stopped at the bakery, the ice cream sections, the chips and cookies...I kept just stopping and saying no and walking past. I ended up buying a low carb protein bar AND low carb shakes to see if I can just rely on those for now. I don't eat those regularly so it still feels like a treat without resorting to more harmful food.

Having said that, I did buy some cookies. Wish I hadn't. I haven't touched them and I'm going to try not to. About to get in my overalls and paint. I don't want to ruin this day...
Love you, thank you...
Old 06-08-2018, 06:56 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Hi Sunflower. I had a great big sugar/carb "eff it" couple of days. It's so similar to the pull of alcohol isn't it? Today I'm resetting if I can. House to myself so no noise. Noise hurts me these days.
So far I've just had greek yoghurt with 3 pears chopped up. I'm going to have a couple of eggs to fill me until dinner and prepare dinner before the kids come home. I really needed today. When I feel myself drowning it's never good. Hope you manage to centre yourself too sweetheart. Right beside you honey ❤❤❤
I'm glad you have a noise free day sweetie- I know how hard noise can be on the nervous system. I am trying to center myself- really trying. So happy you are able to reset and your food plan sounds great for today- maybe a bit more food before dinner? 2 eggs is not that many calories- just don't want you to get hungry and then overeat later. But I believe in you and that you know what your body needs..xoxo