View Single Post
Old 06-07-2018, 06:50 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  
ProfessorD

Hello, I would like to join this thread if I can! Like many of you, I have intertwined alcoholism and disordered eating. Like many of you who have shared, I've done ALL the things: overeating, restricting, overexercising, rotting away w junk food and beer. I tend to be all in or all out. I've been known to burn 3k calories on an elliptical in one day and the next day, drink an entire wine cube on my own while eating nachos and ice cream. So fun, right?

I'm 3+ weeks sober, and I attribute a huge part of my success this time around to doing a low carb diet. Keeping macros at 20% carbs (counting fiber), 25% protein, and the rest fats.. I am very active, and really focusing on strength training and anything that makes me feel confident. I don't know if I've lost any weight since getting sober because I do not weigh myself (it becomes a thing). I want to lose 20ish pounds, and look better. But the older I get...mostly I just want to feel better, mind and body, and I have more than enough evidence at this point to suggest that my eating and drinking are intertwined.