View Single Post
Old 06-08-2018, 02:51 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  
Sunflowerlife

Originally Posted by Liebe View Post
Thank you so much. Yes, its very frustrating. I have some books on Hashimotos too, but some seem so extreme- to the point where it seems it would be too difficult to keep up with. Im a middle of the road type of person. I need balance. Hashimotos is tricky. I have a cousin who has adhered to a very strict Hashi diet, a lot of natural med and still is having major challenges after a year. I know Im not her, but I do worry about going too far in one direction. I dont know. I feel like the older I get, the less I know- lol. What I do know is I need to get my eating under control and I am SO glad I found this thread!
Ive never heard of Reddit. Ill have to check it out.
Im going to a meeting, that should help me. Today was better than yesterday. I didnt overeat today! I didnt use the containers to their full extent, but I did use a couple ( carbs and fruit ones) and used the other as sort of a visual aide to gage my portions. Kinda worried about the weekend because thats when I tend to overeat.
Thank you for your support. I hope you are doing ok.
I can understand being frustrated about it- I do hope you find a group or some type of help which resonates with you. I think that's why it can get so overwhelming these days- there is SO much info out there! Sometimes our intuition is the best way to go, at least that's what I believe. That's how I found keto- prayer, intuition and and a strong knowing that it would be a great approach for my food obsession and fear of fat I held onto for decades.

I am SO happy you had a great day! I did well during the day but ended in a small, hour long binge of constant trips to the cabinet when no one was looking. It was sneaky, it was pointless and now I feel kind of gross. It's a shame I haven't been able to string more than 3 days together for over 2 weeks now. But I learned my lesson- my AV was trying to convince me that I don't need to abstain from sugar, I just need to eat mindfully. Nope. I can't have sugar. Period.

Weekends can be tough! Can you find some new recipes and go shopping tonight so that you are excited about trying something new? Plan them out on a piece of paper or app? This is my hurdle- when I plan my meals on Chronometer ( a free app) I stick to them 100% of the time. When I wing it, I end up over snacking and then sometimes binging. So maybe that would work for you as well? You could just loosely right down the meals on paper maybe even include the times you will eat. I hope that helps. 3 hours at least between meals is what I've always heard is the best to allow your body to digest and rest. I once read a book on leptin (our hunger hormone) and it said 5 hours between meals is ideal although I know that can get tricky. I googled leptin and hashimoto and found this:

http://www.wilmingtonspineandjoint.c...in-resistance/

Have a wonderful Friday!
I am going to miss my spin class because I overslept but going to hope on my spin bike in the basement for an hour.