View Single Post
Old 06-08-2018, 04:20 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  
Sunflowerlife

Originally Posted by Liebe View Post
Thank you so much. Yes, its very frustrating. I have some books on Hashimotos too, but some seem so extreme- to the point where it seems it would be too difficult to keep up with. Im a middle of the road type of person. I need balance. Hashimotos is tricky. I have a cousin who has adhered to a very strict Hashi diet, a lot of natural med and still is having major challenges after a year. I know Im not her, but I do worry about going too far in one direction. I dont know. I feel like the older I get, the less I know- lol. What I do know is I need to get my eating under control and I am SO glad I found this thread!
Ive never heard of Reddit. Ill have to check it out.
Im going to a meeting, that should help me. Today was better than yesterday. I didnt overeat today! I didnt use the containers to their full extent, but I did use a couple ( carbs and fruit ones) and used the other as sort of a visual aide to gage my portions. Kinda worried about the weekend because thats when I tend to overeat.
Thank you for your support. I hope you are doing ok.
I just realized the article I shared with you talks about leptin resistance and being overweight. I don’t want to imply that you are as I don’t know your weight. But leptin resistance as I understand it can happen regardless of size. For me after a long few days of binging I find that if I space my meals out and stop snacking it helps reset my hunger cues.