View Single Post
Old 06-07-2018, 06:39 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  
Liebe

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
Thanks Liebe- I appreciate your words.

I really hope you can find some peace in your heart tonight- I can only imagine how hard it feels when we don't have control over some of the things our bodies are doing. If I were you I would look for some online support for Hashimoto's so you can talk to other people who are going through the same thing. It would just help you feel less alone and maybe you could discover some ways to help you with the hunger signals. I know you said you don't do FB but perhaps Reddit has a group?

Make this a good day- be gentle with yourself- breath a little deeper...
Thank you so much. Yes, its very frustrating. I have some books on Hashimotos too, but some seem so extreme- to the point where it seems it would be too difficult to keep up with. Im a middle of the road type of person. I need balance. Hashimotos is tricky. I have a cousin who has adhered to a very strict Hashi diet, a lot of natural med and still is having major challenges after a year. I know Im not her, but I do worry about going too far in one direction. I dont know. I feel like the older I get, the less I know- lol. What I do know is I need to get my eating under control and I am SO glad I found this thread!
Ive never heard of Reddit. Ill have to check it out.
Im going to a meeting, that should help me. Today was better than yesterday. I didnt overeat today! I didnt use the containers to their full extent, but I did use a couple ( carbs and fruit ones) and used the other as sort of a visual aide to gage my portions. Kinda worried about the weekend because thats when I tend to overeat.
Thank you for your support. I hope you are doing ok.