Notices

Class of October 2017 Support Thread pt. 2

Old 10-21-2017, 09:23 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Oh! Wow! So your friend is alive? That is excellent news, waxfruit.

Take good care today.

I'm glad you're back. This is the best place to be.
Old 10-21-2017, 09:27 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Thinking of you Waxfruit!
Always here for a chat if it helps.

K x
Old 10-21-2017, 10:04 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Good morning folks. Day 10. Going to the Calabasas Pumpkin Festival. Enjoy your day, evening, morning - wherever you are....

Wax - Good news about your friend...and hang in there with the mom issue. Don't let it take over your progress here.
Old 10-21-2017, 10:14 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Enjoy the festival LuLu ... and the warm weather! I'm not jealous, AT ALL !!!! lol

K x
Old 10-21-2017, 10:29 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  
OX

Hello all. Mind if I jump in? Been in a few month clubs before and usually last a while until I get super stronger and complacent. I love SR as a tool but have the anxiety and shyness factor and fear going for me that makes it difficult to put thoughts and words “out there”. Working on it.
Day 7 here and feeling anxious. Wife got trashed as was our regular Friday and things didn’t go so well. As was our regular Friday. So just trying to stay out of the way. Want to be in bed with the covers up. Man that sounds cowardly. I feel like I need a few days to get my body calm and down from the abuse it received.
Bim- I think we are neighbors in the pnw. The rain has finally returned so I can not feel guilty reading on the couch! A favorite activity.

Wax glad your friend is alive. So precious this life. So they say.. alcohol had me so down and generally think of myself as a goofy positive guy. But that was at 15 before the drinking took so much.

Calabasas bike ride sounds about perfect right now. But I would have to get out of bed....
Old 10-21-2017, 10:33 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Nothing much to say other than I've done 14 days and to give my best wishes to everyone here and to have a sober October.
Old 10-21-2017, 12:15 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  
OX

Had a non confrontational talk and things are better. Sober communication sure beats out the opposite.

Admire your commitment taplow. Set the confidence to 11and rock this sobriety. I agree there’s no room to negotiate with temptation. Recognize it and move on. Not today. Not ever.
Old 10-21-2017, 12:45 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Back from the bike ride around the festival. I'm gearing up for a 9.8 mile bike ride to Malibu Lagoon Beach next Tuesday. I'd like to do that before I move back to Texas on the 30th. The weather in California is beautiful and I've missed it like a really good friend (counting my blessings that Steiner Ranch, Texas is absolutely gorgeous overlooking Lake Travis). Everywhere in California has some sort of memory for me and that in itself kinda gets me all melancholy. I almost steered the car towards my old house yesterday "just to look", but didn't. My heart feels heavy when I see places I've been...and I've lived in Southern California my whole life and have been virtually everywhere here. Sometimes I think if I had the means to stay, would I? Perhaps Texas is a good distance away from all the hurt and constant reminder of memories. Anyway, that's my thought for the day. I have bicycle seat rash.
Old 10-21-2017, 12:59 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by taplow View Post
Nothing much to say other than I've done 14 days and to give my best wishes to everyone here and to have a sober October.
Congrats on the 2 weeks!
Old 10-21-2017, 01:06 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=BigShoe; Day 7 here and feeling anxious. Wife got trashed as was our regular Friday and things didn’t go so well. As was our regular Friday. So just trying to stay out of the way. e to get out of bed....[/QUOTE]

Good job on day 7 considering the circumstances.
Old 10-21-2017, 01:37 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Glad to hear the good part of the news Wax.

Sitting on day 6. Did a lot of physical work today, to the point of sore muscles. Used to be one of favorite times to drink. To relax those muscles. Started to get weak and then started thinking about some of the things Dee and Bimini have posted. Thank you! I'm fine now. Ibuprofen takes the pain away too.
Old 10-21-2017, 01:38 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Oh, and I'm going to relax tonight and try out droid apps. Downloaded a bunch yesterday.
Old 10-21-2017, 03:14 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Good afternoon/evening everyone!

I came back from my lunch and shopping expedition and went for a 3.5 mile walk. Always helps to put me in a better mood. I try not to think about anything while walking, just enjoy the nice fresh air and sunshine and sounds of nature. I actually succeeded in doing that today!

When I got back home, I looked in the mirror and noticed a rather large bruise on my forearm. I can only surmise that I did this while drunk the other night because I sure do not remember bumping into anything THAT hard in the past couple of days. Just hoping that I did it in my hotel room alone and did not fall off the barstool or anything like that in front of my work colleagues. That is the worst part....not knowing how I behaved.

I read a lot about "playing the tape all the way forward" and this time I am really going to do that. I tried to do that in the past and it never mattered, I drank anyway. I guess that's the Beast talking and telling me to go ahead and drink. I have had a few incidents like this in the past where I am very lucky I was not seriously hurt or even died. I need to put them all together and make that the tape and pay attention to it.

It's amazing to me how writing it all down makes me realize just how insane this all is. So THANK YOU to everyone for being here and giving me a reason to write it all down. It does help.

LHW
Old 10-21-2017, 03:18 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Hello, all. Just checking in and reading some posts.
Beautiful day today. Went for a bike ride on a trail. Fall leaves look fantastic! Small bonfire at the neighbors tonight. Then home to watch my Ghost Adventures show... see ya in the morning!
Old 10-21-2017, 03:37 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Hey everyone!!

Hope everyone is having a great day!!

Wax im happy your friend is ok, that was scary last night.

I kept busy today, took my new car fishing (my fishing poles do not fit well in it). Went out to eat and drove around for awhile. Struggling pretty bad but im not gonna give in. Im commited no matter how bad this sucks. Gonna stay strong!

Thanks again everyone!!

Brighten
Old 10-21-2017, 04:51 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad the news is good on your friend waxfruit. Keep working omn that moving out thing.

Welcome BigShoe
Congrats on two weeks Taplow!

Welcome back to the fold, Horatio.
Old 10-21-2017, 06:01 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

2am here in England...

I was so tired last night after waking at 3:30am again so I thought I would sleep right through. I made sure I got more exercise yesterday too so I'm shocked I just woke at this time...
Opened my eyes and looked at my phone thinking it must be 4/5am at least and it was just 1:40am...

Still, I'm now into Day 11 sober so I'm happy, just frustrating the sleeping pattern being so messed up.
My dog Zygi doesn't seem to have my problem, currently laid next to me snoring his head off! lol.

So it's my early hours savior, nice hot drink and a read / post on SR

Sorry bit of a boring post just checking in with my nocturnal status.

Love to all.

K x
Old 10-21-2017, 06:50 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=Kit2017;6645349] just frustrating the sleeping pattern being so messed up.

I'm right with you on the sleeping pattern. Glad you are posting and here. Maybe in a couple more weeks we'll get some sound sleep. In the meantime, I'm gonna try and burn myself out with a long bike ride tomorrow and some gym time everyday. Have a great Sunday...
Old 10-21-2017, 07:02 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChloeRose63 View Post
Hello, all. Just checking in and reading some posts.
Beautiful day today. Went for a bike ride on a trail. Fall leaves look fantastic! Small bonfire at the neighbors tonight. Then home to watch my Ghost Adventures show... see ya in the morning!
Love Ghost Adventures!!

Badge
Old 10-21-2017, 07:11 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Hey Lu Lu, yeah I'm thinking a couple of weeks and it should right itself...

Tonight I've resorted to a coffee, toast and now a full bag of jelly beans lol.

3:10am here now, heading over to my parents tomorrow for Sunday dinner and will have a good long walk again.

K x