Notices

Class of October 2017 Support Thread pt. 2

Old 10-22-2017, 07:30 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Grateful

congrats on your milestones Brightenmeup, soulshine, CClarity, clines and peytonrd

I think you made a good choice Lulu.

D
Old 10-22-2017, 10:37 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, am joining this for inspiration. I was in the class of March 2017 when I first joined this site, and failed miserably!

Today I try again... I have just cut up the smokes I have, tipped the bourbon in the cupboard down the sink and written a note on my fridge, saying No more excuses. Do it for them, with my children's names and a loveheart next to each.

I'm also going to transfer some money over into my holiday account and hopefully every time I get the urge to go to the bottleshop do that instead!

To myself, no more excuses, no more drinking to unwind, to forget, to be happy, to get energy, to get confidence, to alter my state of mind. No more.
Old 10-22-2017, 11:23 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  

7:23am...

Morning from a very cold, dark England, Winter's definitely on it's way...

Having my morning coffee then catching the train at 8:30am over to my parents to collect my phone I stupidly left behind last night lol, then a train straight back home to start work. Oh well it's keeping me moving / busy

Day 12 today and I'm feeling much stronger, I'm feeling alot of pressure with work this week. My drinking caused me to fall behind financially so without going into boring details I need to smash it this week or I won't cover my outgoings, I'm good at my job and now sober and clear headed there's no reason I can't do it but I'm having to do in 10 days what would be done over a month. This week is crucial so all please cross your fingers for me, say a prayer or what ever you think will help, I'm feeling quite cool and calm but underneath I am really concerned.

I'll be able to relax if / when I get to the end of the week with the results I need to know my home is safe.

I'm ready to graft and put the hard work in but I reckon I need a little luck on my side too to pull this off!

Well it's the start of a new week, another SOBER week!

Whendovescry - Love your idea about the holiday funds hope you are ok and stick with it.

Peace and Love to all on SR.

K x
Old 10-22-2017, 11:35 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome whendovescry

D
Old 10-23-2017, 12:00 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  
South Asian

Hello All. Day 2 almost done. Need to exercise tonight. Slept well and long. Taking a day off. Travelling tomorrow for work. Promising myself: no drinking. Daily exercise. Stay motivated. I realised something during and following the latest blip. I no longer really even enjoy the drinking. I am trying to rediscover something that I can no longer find: a healthy relationship with alcohol where I have a good time and can function afterwards. The number of times I have done this is tedious. I am becoming boring. It must stop.
Old 10-23-2017, 02:49 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Hi all. Just checking in to let you that I'm alive and no major problems. Many problems to think about, but not caused by me or my drinking (except that I spend money on beer instead of saving it. Costs have increased over the past few years and I wasn't keeping a close enough on budget/savings).

Feeling a bit healthier now, not great, but the weird feelings that I absolutely despise have subsided quite a bit. Someone asked if I felt better on Day 1 or 2 than on the last day I drank, and the answer is a definite no. I hadn't been feeling particularly unhealthy recently, despite consuming many beers in day. I've made the right choice though.

I am however, quite sure that I will have even more energy and feel more positive about the future once I reach about a month dry.

I'm honestly not sure what contributed the most to my unhealthy feeling over the past 24 hours. Could have been withdrawal, or could have been delayed dehydration from drinking out (at home my water management is much better, but I can dehydrate easily if I drink in a bar) or both. Not out of the woods yet, but better.

Just wanted to thank you all anyway. Take care.
Old 10-23-2017, 03:51 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Hi - I'd say good morning but it's nearly lunchtime! How did that happen?

Not been on for a couple of days again and there's so many posts to catch up on. It's great reading your posts and seeing so many people here.

My challenge is tomorrow when OH is away for the night. I woke this morning and was thinking if I want a drink tomorrow night I need to buy it today because my kids will be with me all day tomorrow so I won't get chance, but I've talked myself out of that. I left my purse at home today so I can't be tempted to go to the shop.

Now I've told my AV to shut up I'm looking forward to tomorrow. I'll get to spend the day with my kids and then we can get a take away tomorrow night, maybe watch a film and then Wednesday I've arranged to spend the day with my sister and nephew having a day out. Means I'll have to drive early on Wednesday.

I played it forward to Wednesday morning, if I'd drank wine on Tuesday night like I wanted to, I'd be trying to figure out how many units I'd drank and how long it would be before I wasn't over the limit. Chances are I'd still have a lot in my system and would be still over the limit so would be panicking about being stopped the whole way there. Ridiculous!

I need to get a big sign for my fridge - "play it forward". I think it's my most powerful tool.

I've not had a great weekend. We've been having some work done on the house and I've been stuck in. I find it really difficult not doing things and it makes me feel more tired than if I've had a busy day. Not tempted to drink but my diet has been terrible. I really need to get out for a run but keep putting it off. I'll feel so much better when I've done it!

Have a lovely Monday everyone x
Old 10-23-2017, 03:53 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  
Administrator

You can do this charliesworld

D
Old 10-23-2017, 04:57 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. On day 8 to start another week. One of the things I did over the weekend was look for a good app for my droid. I didn't find anything I liked. Most of them tried to do the motivational stuff, but I find more than enough motivation right here. Now if there was an app to make using this site easier, I'd be all over that.

Welcome whendovescry. I love the money idea. And of course, I've also found no greater thing to get me through than thinking about my children. They know I've been a heavy drinker, but now I want them to be proud of me for beating it.

Kit, good luck on getting caught up on work. I'm sure nothing will make you feel better than to get things in order there.

Have a great week everyone.
Old 10-23-2017, 05:13 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Thankyou for the welcome Bobdrop and well done on day 8!
Old 10-23-2017, 05:35 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  
OX

Kick ass today LuLu
Stay strong everyone
Just a Monday
One of many
Old 10-23-2017, 06:09 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Morning all,

Day 20 today.

Just got to the office, kinda dreary and gloomy here in Pa. today. The coffee seems to taste better than usual.

Going through some tough times, not even with urges or cravings of alcohol, I feel I have that part kicked. It's just that everything seems so boring now, so dull, not as fun. Kinda depressing.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great Monday and a great week!

Brighten
Old 10-23-2017, 06:29 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Checkin in. I failed yet again. Miserably so. I dont want to use the term slip, or relapse, it was intentional and I chose it. I dont even know if I want to be sober. I certainly dont act like it . The excuses were many, but the real truth is because Im an alcoholic. Plain and simple,and and I chose those drinks. Nobody poured them down my throat. Im just weak, and a big time loser. I cant stand myself. Sorry for whining.

So I start over yet again. Im really sick and tired of this crap. The key is just dont pick up again, ever. Dont know if I can do that. Having serious doubts in my ability.

I hope this post doesnt discourage anyone. I just wanted to put it out there. I dont know what else to say. Please stick with your hard earned days friends. Its so not worth going back to square one.
Old 10-23-2017, 07:05 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Good luck in starting over Stubbs.
I am an alcoholic too. I'm not sure. i have said that out loud much. In my head, many a time.

Well!!
October 2017's, I made it through day 1 and am in bed now, alcohol free.
I've made a blog and was able to list 8 things that helped me do that TODAY.

Tomorrow is a new day.

Good luck everyone and I look forward to sharing this journey with you all wherever you are on it.
Old 10-23-2017, 07:09 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  

October is usually when I would drink and totally screw up, seasonal depression would strike its evil head. Not this year! I will head to the tanning bed, the red lights if I am feeling low. Today marks 30 days sober and I could not be more happy about that!!!

-Here's to another day. One day at a time!
Old 10-23-2017, 07:15 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Stubbs, have you tried any organized programs at all? I know you want to stay quit - that's why you keep trying.

What exactly happened this last time right before you picked up a drink?

I had to find healthy ways to deal with life, other people, my inner thoughts. There are great methods online and in books for whatever issues you might come up with, or there are an awful lot of wise people on this site, and it's a safe place to talk things out.

In the beginning I focused on health and nutrition, and cooking and exercise. When my body is supported it is much easier and cravings go down.

Please don't beat yourself up, you deserve better.
Old 10-23-2017, 07:34 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BigShoe View Post
Kick ass today LuLu
Stay strong everyone
Just a Monday
One of many
Love it! The world is going to keep spinning with or without us - time to grab life by the throat and show em who's boss!

Ba Bam!
Old 10-23-2017, 07:59 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Good Morning all,

Hey Stubbs- sorry you are so down on yourself, thats what alcohol does, its a depressant, robs you of the happiness you deserve. Addictive. The fact that you are here tells me you are not done fighting for your life and peace. Keep reading, keep posting. PM people who you think you may relate to and can help. Anything, I have faith.

Hello When doves cry- love the idea of putting the wine money into an account. We'll be rich!!

CharliesWorld- I am with you on leaving the purse at home, no cash, no card, no wine. One time, I was even pulled over for a traffic violation, didnt have ID, Insurance nothing, cop was nice, gave mostly warnings, but did have to pay 100 bucks on something,,, anyway it was worth it!!Suck it AV!!!
You have a really good plan and am looking forward to hearing about your days this week.

Rubaduck!! there you are!!! I was getting worried about you!

LuLu- It sounds like you live in an amazing area, I do not live in an area that inspires hiking.

Bimini and Brighten- hope your day is as good as it gets

Day 14 for me, plan on making some pumpkin bread, and a banana pumpkin mix type loaf. I was cruising the internet for recipes when I remembered that I have all of my mother's and gramees recipe boxes and books, so went through them instead. The Betty Crocker book is a first edition!! Anyway excited to get my day started!!

Take care all Love ya!!

Badge
Old 10-23-2017, 08:18 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Stubbs, have you tried any organized programs at all? I know you want to stay quit - that's why you keep trying.

What exactly happened this last time right before you picked up a drink?

I had to find healthy ways to deal with life, other people, my inner thoughts. There are great methods online and in books for whatever issues you might come up with, or there are an awful lot of wise people on this site, and it's a safe place to talk things out.

In the beginning I focused on health and nutrition, and cooking and exercise. When my body is supported it is much easier and cravings go down.

Please don't beat yourself up, you deserve better.
Thanks bimini. Its was family issues this time around. Its always this or that, crap I cant control or fix. Drinking certainly didnt help, as usual.

Im not into AA, but have attended meetings before. Im looking for smart or women for sobriety meetings in my area, currently. Seems there are not as widespread and available as AA is tho.

You are right, I do beat myself up. And I do want sobriety. Its that evil AV that is trying to convince me otherwise. Thanks for the ideas and kind words today.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:20 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Thanks bad and when. Appreciate the support.