Notices

Class of October 2017 Support Thread pt. 2

Old 10-20-2017, 06:26 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  
MetalRose

I have an app on my droid called "Easy Quit Drinking". Strange title since there's nothing really easy about quitting, but I really like the app. It estimates drinks passed on, $$ saved, counts your days/hours sober, and gives you general information about how your body should be healing.
Old 10-20-2017, 06:41 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bobdrop View Post
Ready to face day 5 before the weekend. Have a very busy weekend planned.

Couldn't find that app. WF, you must use an iPhone. Any suggestions on best app for Droid?
Congrats on day 5 Bobdrop!
Ive found it quite helpful to stay busy.
Have a good weekend and keep checking in.

Sorry, I don't know any other apps. I'm sure android has some tho-
Oops @metalrose just posted an app above ^

Best to you!
Old 10-20-2017, 06:46 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Day 10.

That's all. Good to be here.
Old 10-20-2017, 06:49 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Day 9. Managed to sleep through the night. Got the 8am telephone interview...and after that another bike ride through this beautiful canyon (how I've missed CA fall weather). "Calabasas Pumpkin Festival" starts tomorrow and is literally one block away. Planning to check out the car show and maybe stroll around and listen to some music (haven't gone out in years). The Calabasas Pumpkin Festival - Home

Just downloaded "I Am Sober" and "Happify" app. ("Quit That" is for iPhone)

Stay strong everyone so we can check in here sober!
Old 10-20-2017, 09:00 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Hi everyone.

I am back and joining the October class. (Was in September class). I had a terrible relapse on a business trip. It was just dreadful and traveling home through airports while having the worst hangover of my life was a real wake up call to me that I can't go this alone. I have been trying to quit drinking for a really long time now. Years in fact.

Looking forward to being a part of the October class!

LHW.
Old 10-20-2017, 09:05 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Just checking in today on Day 4.

Took the day off work and will take it easy through the weekend. Maybe try out one of the apps mentioned here.
Old 10-20-2017, 09:35 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

LHW...hang out here as much as you can and read around the forums. Welcome to the October thread.

I hope you make it stick.
Old 10-20-2017, 10:00 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

October group - lets have a great weekend!

As my ten year old would say - Ba Bam!
Old 10-20-2017, 11:46 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Morning all,

Hello LoveHatesWine- I joined here also after a mid October screw up, still belong to the Sept17 class also. Wonderful people both classes!,,, Okay SR is generally pretty wonderful all around.

Good job everyone on your mile stones and determination! Love it

Interested in checking out all the different apps that people use, I just have one day counter. But several daily quote/inspirational apps, BuddhaQuote and Daily Quote, both send daily quotes.

Okay, off to get my stroll in with the dogs.

Will talk later.

Badge
Old 10-20-2017, 11:47 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CClarity50 View Post
October group - lets have a great weekend!

As my ten year old would say - Ba Bam!
Love that!!

Badge
Old 10-20-2017, 11:51 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Hey all,
Checkin in on the afternoon of day 17. Havent been able to get here much today. Hope everybody is doing well!! Gonna try to catch up on threads a bit later.

Just wanted to check in and say ALOHA!!! Are ya's wearing your hawaii'n shirts ???
Old 10-20-2017, 11:54 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  
South Asian

I wanted to drink tonight. There is half a bottle of vodka in the house somewhere. Hidden from me. I thought about looking for it. But didn't. I don't really like vodka - except in Bloody Mary's. One of those days when I thought, "just a few days a month", "3 drunk days then three weeks sober", "how bad can it get?" The bad voice is returning. Still sober. Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 10-20-2017, 01:26 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Day 1. This is getting farcical. At day 5-6 while on my proper meds I start to feel like a new human being. Then I screw it up. But just because I haven’t done something yet, doesn’t mean I never will.

Amazingly I’m not lying around feeling like death. See what tomorrow brings. I’ll check back later.

Viper
Old 10-20-2017, 01:40 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Horatio48 View Post
I wanted to drink tonight. There is half a bottle of vodka in the house somewhere. Hidden from me. I thought about looking for it. But didn't. I don't really like vodka - except in Bloody Mary's. One of those days when I thought, "just a few days a month", "3 drunk days then three weeks sober", "how bad can it get?" The bad voice is returning. Still sober. Have a great weekend everyone.
Ya, that bad voice is a real *******, don't listen to his lies. Nothing he says will ever help you, and you know it. Go get busy, I find sitting trying not to do something is much more difficult than doing something to forget about not doing the thing I don't want to do, if that makes sense.
Old 10-20-2017, 02:31 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Viperidae View Post
Day 1. This is getting farcical. At day 5-6 while on my proper meds I start to feel like a new human being. Then I screw it up. But just because I haven’t done something yet, doesn’t mean I never will.

Amazingly I’m not lying around feeling like death. See what tomorrow brings. I’ll check back later.

Viper
Hi Viper. Good to hear you're at least feeling "not like death". Friday is always a good day to start a sober routine. How is everything going there at your parents house? Come back and post....want to know how you are doing.
Old 10-20-2017, 02:37 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Horatio48 View Post
Been there with the hidden bottle in the house somewhere scenario. It's quite maddening. I hope you pour it down the drain if you find it. Good to hear you are still sober. Stay strong.
Old 10-20-2017, 03:12 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

For the first time in my adult life I wish I could just bypass the weekends and get to Monday. This Friday night stuff is tough. Every minute is a struggle..
Old 10-20-2017, 03:19 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

You've got this, BME. Eat some ice cream. Take a hot shower. Watch a movie in your sweats, under a blankie on the couch.

You can also join in on other social threads here - like the Weekender or the "Undies" (One Year and Under) or the Whiners...or any other thread going. There's a football thread, bikers, recipes, fitness...all kinds of stuff.

I live alone and I'm not working. I spend way too much time online but I haven't had a drink, so that's a win in my book. There are always AA meetings. Friday afternoon and into the evening is a great time to hit an AA meeting. My local AA clubhouse has a big potluck at 5PM on Friday, then the younger crowd has meetings at 7 and 9. The food is worth going for if nothing else. Of course new people just have to bring themselves.

Lots of wisdom in AA meetings and a good place to find out about sober activities and meet sober people f2f.
Old 10-20-2017, 03:24 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
You've got this, BME. Eat some ice cream. Take a hot shower. Watch a movie in your sweats, under a blankie on the couch.

You can also join in on other social threads here - like the Weekender or the "Undies" (One Year and Under) or the Whiners...or any other thread going. There's a football thread, bikers, recipes, fitness...all kinds of stuff.

I live alone and I'm not working. I spend way too much time online but I haven't had a drink, so that's a win in my book. There are always AA meetings. Friday afternoon and into the evening is a great time to hit an AA meeting. My local AA clubhouse has a big potluck at 5PM on Friday, then the younger crowd has meetings at 7 and 9. The food is worth going for if nothing else. Of course new people just have to bring themselves.

Lots of wisdom in AA meetings and a good place to find out about sober activities and meet sober people f2f.
Thanks bimini!!

Ya I think I might look up meetings in my area. I kept busy for most of the week but now when im used to winding down is when the devil calls. I made it through the last 2 weekends fine but tonight seems a bit harder for some reason.
Old 10-20-2017, 03:34 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

In my area there is a good "speaker" meeting at 9 on Fridays, too. It's called Five and Dime. Two people speak, one with five years sobriety and one with ten (or thereabouts.) The meeting is usually pretty full and it is in a cool old building.

Lots of chat-time before and after.