Notices

Class of October 2017 Support Thread pt. 2

Old 10-19-2017, 11:51 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Darlad921 View Post
Ugh. I bought wine. Didn't drink it, just bought it... then ran a mile and half.
Now I am just looking at it, feeling so weak. This is ridiculous
Darlad, I hope you didn't drink it. Pour it out!!

waxfruit, that was a close one. Thank God for that bartender.

LOL, you don't see that sentence very often on this site. ^^
Old 10-19-2017, 12:08 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

No doubt!!! @bimbi
I just ordered a massive carry out from one of my favorite restaurants.
@Darland I agree! Pour it out!
Old 10-19-2017, 12:11 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

waxfruit when will they tell you about the job? Congrats on the good interview, I will keep my fingers crossed.
Old 10-19-2017, 12:35 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
MetalRose

Joining in!
I'm at day 17. This morning was the first I woke up without a headache and the shakes appear to be gone. I'm wrapping up a productive day at work by taking a break to read through some posts. The motivational support here is inspiring! It's a beautiful afternoon in my part of the world. I'm looking forward to playing with my kids outside this evening...and remembering every precious moment instead of drowning them at the bottom of a bottle.

Hope everyone has a great day and an even better tomorrow.
Old 10-19-2017, 01:00 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
waxfruit when will they tell you about the job? Congrats on the good interview, I will keep my fingers crossed.
Thank you!
I'll get an offer in the next couple weeks.
It's all politics at this point. I was already told by the director the job is mine. I just had to meet the city director today and the vet and the shelter director were there during the interview process; smiling at me. I'm pretty confident I'll be okay. Ive put a lot of time in and they encourage that, wanting to hire within.

-fingers crossed!
Old 10-19-2017, 01:35 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LuLuBovary View Post
Sorry to hear you are stuck in the panic mode. I'm on day 7 and my panic attacks are not as bad as the first couple of off-the-charts panic attack days (I thought I was going to really lose it). This could change, idk. I was also a hot mess my first attempt here in April...but I do remember that the panic attacks started to dwindle around day 10. This time around I'm royally serious about getting sober and giving it my all....I'm in a "fight or flight" mode of survival right now and it may be that I am focusing deeply on surviving more than anything. Not sure what will happen after I get settled....anything could happen...but happen SOBER. If I were at the 2 weeks where you are at, I could give you a better response. Have you at least taken 5 deep breaths? Stay strong and keep posting.

Thanks LuLu, I am riding it out and it's getting better, slowly. I've tried this before and like you they normally happened early and were gone after double digit days, this time they started late. Im at the point where they are slowing down but only because Im physically just worn out. One day at a time..

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Panic attacks are pretty common for a lot of us in early recovery.
Have you had them before rmeatgt350?

welcome back Clones and FaithfulandFree - and congrats on your milestones treasurefinder and Kit

D
Oh yes, panic and I are acquainted, to say the least. I am just not used to them being this intense, likely because I tend to dull them with alcohol. I am working through it. A good nights sleep would be amazing. Every day gets a bit better!
Old 10-19-2017, 01:41 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Congrats on everything Waxfruit, you are now my hero. I absolutely could picture myself walking into the bar ordering the drink, but that is where it ended. I know I dont have the strength right now to walk away.

Darla where are you?? Are you okay? check in please. We know you can do this!

Off to work.

Take care all

Badge
Old 10-19-2017, 03:04 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by badgerden View Post
Congrats on everything Waxfruit, you are now my hero. I absolutely could picture myself walking into the bar ordering the drink, but that is where it ended. I know I dont have the strength right now to walk away.

Badge
Badge, thank you! but I am no hero by any means. I just got lucky that the bartender, whom I know, who has watched me struggle this year, just happened to be there. She reminded me that I was once an inspiration to her, back when I had gotten almost 30 days in and she said, "if she can do it, I surely f'n can!" That reminded me of how bad I was. How many times I blacked out there. How many times someone had to drive my car home, how angry I get, the horrible decisions I make, those omg, the next morning, what did I just text to people and how terrible it feels. It's poison. It feels like poison going-down.
I can't believe it was in my hand for a good 10 minutes before I passed it back.
Believe me, I'm still a bit shaken.
And I wanted to join my soon to be coworkers at an event tonight to raise money for the shelter, but that's being held at my other "watering hole." Maybe it was supposed to happen the way it played out. I may have surely wanted to celebrate with the people I've been working with for the last 5 months. For a moment I thought, I can have just one. Who am I kidding?!!!
I've purposely not gone out with anyone from the shelter, as to protect myself from making an a** out of myself and others.

Just a reminder * play the tape all the way through *

Thanks you guys for all your support!
I'm now in bed and staying here....
Old 10-19-2017, 03:07 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Waxfruit, that is awesome about the bar.
Old 10-19-2017, 04:03 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Day 8, 3:45pm. Went on a 20 minute bike ride through Calabasas this morning. Beautiful day. I've been sending my resume out everyday....and got a couple of hits today. 11 days until the big move back to Texas. Good to know that everyone here is staying strong and making it through each day sober.
Old 10-19-2017, 04:07 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

[QUOTE] I can't believe it was in my hand for a good 10 minutes before I passed it back.

Wax - That's a long time to be looking at a drink....good job.
Old 10-19-2017, 04:24 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad you resisted waxfruit - there's lots of healthy ways to celebrate

How are you going Darlad?

welcome metalrose

D
Old 10-19-2017, 04:32 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=LuLuBovary;6642744]
I can't believe it was in my hand for a good 10 minutes before I passed it back.

Wax - That's a long time to be looking at a drink....good job.
It is a long time. I agree.
I wanted to share one more thing thats on my mind that I'm sure you all can relate to. It's been years since I drank and came home and thought, "I had a great time." It hasn't been a good thing for a long time now.
-Some very dark moments. I hope we all can play it through in our minds as we continue our paths.
This scared me.
Stay safe in your travels. Peace.
And thank you all so very much! I appreciate it.
Old 10-19-2017, 04:43 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Hi all.
Ok I just looked at my app that records how long I've been clean... only 8 days!! Haha. Maybe that's good. It's just that it felt like it had been a few weeks lol. No really. I was shocked. But I'll just keep doing what I was doing...

Today my sober app, for drinking, told me 600 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So there's something. Maybe if I can quit drinking, I can quit other drugs too.
And if I can do 600 days I'm sure you can too. Because I used to think I would never, ever be able to actually be sober for so long. Sometimes I couldn't imagine ever going sober even for a day. But look, 600 days. So you can do it, I know!!!!
Old 10-19-2017, 05:20 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Wait, there's an app for that? I already have one that shows days until retirement. Maybe I need one of those too.
Old 10-19-2017, 05:31 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

It is a long time. I agree.
I wanted to share one more thing thats on my mind that I'm sure you all can relate to. It's been years since I drank and came home and thought, "I had a great time." It hasn't been a good thing for a long time now.
-Some very dark moments. I hope we all can play it through in our minds as we continue our paths.
This scared me.
Stay safe in your travels. Peace.
And thank you all so very much! I appreciate it.[/QUOTE]

Your news is great waxfruit!!! Congrats on fighting the temptations and with the interview as well! Awesome!!
Old 10-19-2017, 05:49 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Thank You, Brighten Me Up!

You're doing a great job too! It's good to keep seeing the same people every day. It's encouraging.

Also, if you and @bobdrop want an app, I use "Quit That!"
It also shows you how much money you're saving.
It's pretty cool.
Old 10-19-2017, 05:53 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by waxfruit View Post
Thank You, Brighten Me Up!

You're doing a great job too! It's good to keep seeing the same people every day. It's encouraging.

Also, if you and @bobdrop want an app, I use "Quit That!"
It also shows you how much money you're saving.
It's pretty cool.
Thats awesome I will definitely check that out! Thanks so much!!
Old 10-20-2017, 05:49 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Ready to face day 5 before the weekend. Have a very busy weekend planned.

Couldn't find that app. WF, you must use an iPhone. Any suggestions on best app for Droid?
Old 10-20-2017, 05:52 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Try the "Saying When" app. Just a suggestion.