Old 10-21-2017, 03:14 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  
LoveHateWhine

Good afternoon/evening everyone!

I came back from my lunch and shopping expedition and went for a 3.5 mile walk. Always helps to put me in a better mood. I try not to think about anything while walking, just enjoy the nice fresh air and sunshine and sounds of nature. I actually succeeded in doing that today!

When I got back home, I looked in the mirror and noticed a rather large bruise on my forearm. I can only surmise that I did this while drunk the other night because I sure do not remember bumping into anything THAT hard in the past couple of days. Just hoping that I did it in my hotel room alone and did not fall off the barstool or anything like that in front of my work colleagues. That is the worst part....not knowing how I behaved.

I read a lot about "playing the tape all the way forward" and this time I am really going to do that. I tried to do that in the past and it never mattered, I drank anyway. I guess that's the Beast talking and telling me to go ahead and drink. I have had a few incidents like this in the past where I am very lucky I was not seriously hurt or even died. I need to put them all together and make that the tape and pay attention to it.

It's amazing to me how writing it all down makes me realize just how insane this all is. So THANK YOU to everyone for being here and giving me a reason to write it all down. It does help.

LHW