SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Class of October 2017 Support Thread pt. 2 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/417562-class-october-2017-support-thread-pt-2-a.html)

Dee74 10-17-2017 08:09 PM

Class of October 2017 Support Thread pt. 2

Continues from here:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...pt-1-a-20.html
D

badgerden 10-17-2017 08:41 PM

Shotgun!! ��

Just checking in to say good night and congrats to all who accomplished their goals for today, one moment, one hour , one day at a time. We can do this!

Badge

LuluBread 10-18-2017 01:16 AM

Scoot over Badge. Woke up and can't sleep, it's 1:09am now. I've got a new song stuck in my head. It's an oldie and the youtube video of these guys is classic, omg...they must be high on life or something else. Are we allowed to post links? You have to check them out, they look way too happy and just might make your day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCJpzpd-8us

Dee74 10-18-2017 01:24 AM

I'm pretty sure it was something a little more than life LuLu LOL :)

D

charliesworld 10-18-2017 01:31 AM

Good morning :)

Lovely day here. I slept well last night so woke up ridiculously early and found myself in the office at stupid o'clock. It's 9am and I've got loads done :) Means I can finish a bit earlier. I'm really worried about my eating habits (same addictive tendencies and behaviour towards food as drink) so wanted to make healthy meals up for the rest of the week.

It's coming up to Christmas and we have a few birthdays and stuff around then. I get a bit anxy this time of year with all the money that needs to be spent and all the nights out that come up around Christmas. Last year I arranged a few nights out in December and although I had a drink and it didn't get out of control I don't want to put myself in the position this year so I haven't arranged anything at all. I'm kind of hoping I don't get any invites.

taplow 10-18-2017 02:33 AM

This is Day 11 for me. Finding it easy so far.
I had an awareness about drinking being just a delusion. It doesn't give me anything, it doesn't take me anywhere. It's just a trick where I step out of time for a while then I wake up and I'm back where I started with yet more damage and neglect to cope with.
Anyway, I'll keep on. I hope you can all keep up the good work too.

Bumblebee2 10-18-2017 03:13 AM

Good morning.
Day 4 for me, which sadly is a huge accomplishment. Longest stretch in several months.

AV is really loud today. I'm going to make a list of things I want to accomplish today to stay focused.

Dee74 10-18-2017 03:49 AM

good to see you Taplow :)

Stay strong Darlad :)

hey charliesworld - why mot make a plan anyway just in case you do get some invites or find yourself suddenly surrounded by drinkers?

thats easy to have happen over xmas?

D
D

ChloeRose63 10-18-2017 04:23 AM

Good Morning, Class. Checking in while having some breakfast. I was up way too early...so I am going to read lots of posts before getting out of this nice warm bed!:inbed:shine8pl:

waxfruit 10-18-2017 05:35 AM

Good Morning!
Checking in. Another day sober. Off to volunteer at the animal shelter.
My interview is tomorrow! Altho they did give me the keys last week.
Pretty stoked.
Peace.

CClarity50 10-18-2017 05:38 AM

Day 18 - life is good!

LuluBread 10-18-2017 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by CClarity50 (Post 6640831)
Day 18 - life is good!

Day 18 is a good day! Congratulations...

badgerden 10-18-2017 07:16 AM

Hi Charliesworld, as scary as it was, I actually found out that by just telling people that I have stopped drinking, was very freeing and I actually did not receive any negative, or weird looks. They were actually happy not to have to fight over who was the designated driver. I found it to be very empowering also. At the same time anyone who does have an issue with your not drinking, maybe isn't the friend they were pretending to be?

Badge

biminiblue 10-18-2017 07:24 AM

Well done, everyone. Keep it going.

It gets easier, the more sober practice you get. :)

Atwitsend123 10-18-2017 07:49 AM

I'm back again, on day 3 and feeling a little nervous from reading the withdrawal stories. Was drinking 1.5 bottles of wine every evening but nothing during the day. Hoping I can do this alone .

Bumblebee2 10-18-2017 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 6640718)
good to see you Taplow :)

Stay strong Darlad

D
D

Thanks D
I'm staying strong. Resisted the urge to stop at the store when I had the opportunity this morning (when I normally go after dropping of daughter at school.)

The craving has calmed down and I'm having a productive and positive day so far.

Viperidae 10-18-2017 08:40 AM

Thanks Dee. I posted in October 2016 I guess? :lmao

Hi everyone. I’m getting in with people on the same timeline as me. Day 5. Drinking just started to increase to 2 times a week and it destroys my system. I’m mid detox, I’d think. It looks like I made it past the absolutely punishing allergies I get when my drinking goes up. Now it’s the tightness in my legs, tendons, muscles etc., which is ok, knowing it will get better. Everything gets better. My head also feels like a brick.

I had a good visit with a new Naturopathic - Advanced Practive Nurse at a Clinic that just started taking my insurance. A very nice place. I need it for some health issues. I’ve been searching for a home base to deal with auto immune problems for a while now and this could be it.

I’ve got to establish a life. Sobriety is the first thing and the rest comes over time.

Talk a little later,

Viper

BrightenMeUp 10-18-2017 08:41 AM

Day 15

Checkin in on my lunchbreak. Found a cool spot overlooking the river with a nice view. Perfect sunny day here. Wish I had my fishing pole :)

15 Days in today, it's strange to say i'm half a month sober.

Hope everyone is having a great day today and stayin strong!!

Thanks again
Brighten :)

BrandNewLife 10-18-2017 08:50 AM

Wow part 2! It’s been such a good Octsober with you guys.

Wanted to update on the Escape Room date with my husband - it was an amazing time!! I may have posted that already on the last thread but it’s worth saying again. You guys should really check out if you have one in your area. It’s a great sober activity that was loads of fun for a date night. We really got to work and think together, which was much better than just dinner and wine that we usually do for our anniversary.

I’m taking a mental health day today and lazing around procrastinating cleaning my house. The metta meditation has been harder than I thought it would be; it’s uncomfortable finding loving feelings for myself. I’m going to stick with it though to try to change my thought processes from negative to positive.

Hope everyone’s having a great day!

LuluBread 10-18-2017 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by BrightenMeUp (Post 6641124)
Checkin in on my lunchbreak. Found a cool spot overlooking the river with a nice view. Perfect sunny day here. Wish I had my fishing pole :)

15 Days in today, it's strange to say i'm half a month sober.

Hope everyone is having a great day today and stayin strong!!

Thanks again
Brighten :)

Brighten - Perfect sunny sober day here too. Staying strong right along with you!