Notices

Stay sober this weekend July 17th until...

Old 07-20-2015, 10:22 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
There's a house a couple of blocks from my parents that has two or three manikins in the front window. The occupants change the costumes seasonally
Oh, that's clever and hilarious

So tempting ...

To be sure, Ruby, I'm typically perceived as "eccentric" anyway, so this probably wouldn't be a complete shocker coming from my house, lol.
Old 07-20-2015, 10:27 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Hi, I melted. Frick it was hot yesterday.

My house was burglarized - 25 years ago. First thing the cops asked when I called 911 was, "Do you own any weapons?"

I try not to worry about it - living alone is scary enough.

Were we talking about dancing? Mumble? oh. bumble. Whatev. I'm trying to channel glacial weather. Boogie, dude. Follow your own rhythm.

Old 07-20-2015, 10:30 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  

What were they implying, Bim? That the burglar was after the weapons? Or?
Old 07-20-2015, 10:38 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  
...holds the key

There she is! Sorry you're a melted Bimini now think cold thoughts...and eat Popsicles.

Love the trespassing signs!

BigS, it's like you live in a postcard! Lucky duck!!

Sao....just throwing this out there, but could the source of your stomach problem possibly be from that lovely, and oh so welcoming, Indian restaurant??? Just saying....

Paying bills today. Root canals are expensive! Should've become a dentist.
Old 07-20-2015, 10:39 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Well, I think they want to keep track of stolen weapons, maybe?

Also, if they stopped suspicious people, they wanted to know if the perps were packing? It had happened moments before I arrived home, so I told them it had just happened. Turned out the perps broke into my next door neighbors' too and stole their van. They were probably there when I called 911. The 911 lady told me to get out of the house.
Old 07-20-2015, 10:50 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
BigS - what elevation are you at, and what elevation is that mountain?
Nons - I'm at 1,530 meters (5000 feet) here in the Central Highlands. The volcano you see there in my back yard is Agua Volcano, up at 3,750 meters (12,340 ft). The Pacific Ocean is on the other side.
Old 07-20-2015, 11:04 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  

SoberP, in full disclosure, my parents had a manikin that stood in the corner of their dining room for years when I was growing up. My dad's long lost sister, Debbie. Before the house on the other block got multiple manikins my dad once put Debbie in the front seat of his convertible with her arm in an extended wave and drove by the manikin house when the people were out front. Their manikin was named June.

Guess that explains that there's not a whole lot out there that weirds me out. My family has a different sense of humor and the absurd tickles my fancy
Old 07-20-2015, 11:09 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  

I didn't follow this thread as weekends are not a huge trigger for me. No more than anything else. Looks like you had fun I may have to read through if I get time.
Old 07-20-2015, 11:23 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
Guess that explains that there's not a whole lot out there that weirds me out. My family has a different sense of humor and the absurd tickles my fancy
Great story, Ruby, and thanks for sharing. I laughed out loud at that.

Absurdity strikes me as the best humor. I have found myself laughing out loud at things most people don't. It can be alienating, but great to find others who appreciate it too.
Old 07-20-2015, 11:55 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  

I don't have a manikin, but I do leave a radio on when I'm not home. Might deter a robber, but it also drowns outside noises so my dogs don't get scared. They are ferocious when anyone comes to my door.
Old 07-20-2015, 11:57 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Well...I suppose that it's time for me to drag myself to work. I like having monday mornings off, even if I have to work into the evening.
Old 07-20-2015, 12:05 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Hey Ditzydande!
Welcome to the Weekender Bus! A new journey starts every Thursday morning at whatever time Weasel decides to get going! There is always good food, corny jokes, pretty pictures and lots of adventures!

And speaking of pictures.....
I have plenty to some how move from camera to computer. I did get one uploaded, since Brain mentioned the baby birds, I wanted to post this one. Saw a lovely woodpecker when taking a walk on the island. She flew off as we walked by and as I kept staring at the hole of her nest, I saw the babies peaking out.....I imagine wondering why their breakfast was cut short.

Old 07-20-2015, 12:19 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Thanks for everyones concern, I have been asleep for a couple of hours I think I am slowly getting back to normal. I'm pretty sure it wasn't Majids as other people had the same as me

I was woken up by what sounded like a platoon of marines but was in fact my neighbours cat Boris trying to catch some bats flying around outside the balconey eww!

Some of those penguins look like relatives of my avatar Biminiblue

1500 metres elevation should make it very bearable BigSomb

Welcome ditzidandelion

There is a stationers in Archway with one of those old fashioned life size cut outs - in this case a villanous looking Terry Thomas (younger readers will have to google). He is saying " the meanest man in the world buys Roneo Vickers products"
Old 07-20-2015, 12:32 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  

That's a great shot, Olive!
Old 07-20-2015, 12:33 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  

just spent 2 days in rehab. Most awful experience of my life

I have no idea how to stay stopped. In 24 house, my belonging were stole, I was pushed in the shower, nurses treated me like a I was a terrible nuisance. I walked out today. On top of that, 20 milligrams of Valium every half hour. I am 113 pounds. Talk about a zombie? Let me make perfecty clear, I am not execrating. I could not believe I was paying $1500/day for this treatment. Any suggestions?
Old 07-20-2015, 01:58 PM
  # 396 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by hope1230 View Post
I have no idea how to stay stopped. In 24 house, my belonging were stole, I was pushed in the shower, nurses treated me like a I was a terrible nuisance. I walked out today. On top of that, 20 milligrams of Valium every half hour. I am 113 pounds. Talk about a zombie? Let me make perfecty clear, I am not execrating. I could not believe I was paying $1500/day for this treatment. Any suggestions?
Sorry things weren't going well in rehab. Why were you there, though? Probably not to make friends in the shower or to meet polite nurses. I don't mean to make light of your situation, but your post reads like a bunch of excuses to drink again. I can't stay sober, the nurses were rude.

I am glad you are here posting, though. What do you think you need? How can we help?
Old 07-20-2015, 02:04 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Nons, how close were you to waking up in the bushes the other day? Ease up.

Hope, don't drink. Don't hope you won't drink. Hope doesn't drink. Hope don't drink. Whichever way works for you. Don't drink.
Old 07-20-2015, 02:25 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Hope, if you're still reading on here I suggest also posting on the main newcomers forum in addition to here on weekenders. Were you in rehab for drinking or the valium or both? On top of all that, I would strongly recommend NOT DRINKING while you are taking valium. It's a potentially deadly combination.

What other options do you have?
Old 07-20-2015, 02:38 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

I apologize if the tone of my previous post was terse. I was going for concise.

Best of Luck on Your Journey.
Old 07-20-2015, 03:46 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Thanks sober team. Hard to know when tough love or tangential support fits a given situation. Hard to know.

Ruby thanks for your suggestion.

Hope.... If you are reading please do post that same question on the main newcomers board. Lots of folks will say tough things and less tough things but no matter what you hear from people who are very much like you... We all want you to try. Being sober is possible.

Ken