Notices

Stay sober this weekend July 17th until...

Old 07-21-2015, 07:50 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  

It's Wednesday in Australia.
Old 07-21-2015, 07:55 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  

Hey, does anyone know how the number of "Views" of a thread is calculated? Like this thread has had 4900+ views. Here's what I think, but I don't know: once I have viewed a thread, the next time I go there the number doesn't increase.

So, have 4900+ separate people viewed this thread? If so, Imma try harder on my grammar.

Nah. I'll still abuse the Hell out of the ellipse.
Old 07-21-2015, 07:58 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  

Methinks you be correct Bim.
Old 07-21-2015, 08:01 PM
  # 464 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Olive1 View Post
Methinks you be correct Bim.
cool
Old 07-21-2015, 08:21 PM
  # 465 (permalink)  

Brynn, I texted a friend that I hoped she was enjoying her Wednesday this morning. It's still tuesday. A little anxious?

I booked two zip lining tours for the kids. We're making progress on planning instead of procrastinating. Yay for me. I wish I could go but they're too small to go with the big people and I'm too big to do the little kid tour and someone needs to be on the ground while they're zipping and I'd need a sitter for them should I go. I'm planning this with the idea that I can do this alone, should Mr. Ruby be out of commission and not accompany us on this trip. I'm tired of being always the stay at home vacation people. Never going anywhere. My Declaration of Independence.

I'm still hungry! Made a taco with ground beef and cheese. And my stomach is still growling. Ice cream isn't going to hit the spot but I think I'll do it anyway. See you all later.
Old 07-21-2015, 08:40 PM
  # 466 (permalink)  
...holds the key

I knew it was Wednesday somewhere! Thanks olive!

My bug was alive and clean last time I saw it which was when I was putting it outside on the end of a paper towel tube....I know.....but I figured if it didn't die from the Lysol treatment I might as well let it live. It deserved it. I'm a pushover.

Ruby...I'm all for your declaration and good for you! I got tired of always waiting around for my Mr Unreliable, too! Not anymore! I go on with the plan with or without him.

Sweet dreams y'all!
Xoxo
Old 07-21-2015, 08:55 PM
  # 467 (permalink)  

Glad you got home safely, soberpotamus. I have bc/bs dental and it seems pretty good. There is no really great dental insurance. ..
hi ronmedford!! Nice to meet you.
Ruby, I love your declaration of independence....go for it! Adventures are so much fun and wonderful memories are made with the kids.
I love Amelie also, tetra. Maybe I'll see it again sometime soon.
Kery...you sound good...and french!
ok...time to sleep. ..good night, good people.
Old 07-21-2015, 09:23 PM
  # 468 (permalink)  

HaF, doesn't it burn you that dental insurance is so paltry? It's like teeth are unimportant. Same with vision insurance. My medical/health generously covers tons of stuff including my inpatient rehab almost 3 years ago but you'd think my eyes were optional. Grr!!!

I'm laying in bed. Nice sleeping finally because it's really cool outside. Hopefully kids enjoy zipping. And don't kill each other riding in the back seat for six hours. Or drive me insane. See you in the morning
Old 07-21-2015, 11:09 PM
  # 469 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Well done on your declaration of independence Ruby, it's good to have vacation memories. Did your husband go to his AA meeting? (sorry if you said elsewhere)

Sorry to hear about your insurance snafu Soberpotamus - that sort of thing would drive me insane. I paid for my youngest daughters medical insurance, we worked out that for anything except Accident and Emergency it worked out cheaper to fly home - which is madness

It's Wednesday here now Brynn and unfortunately that means I have to go to work
Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Ho
Old 07-22-2015, 02:26 AM
  # 470 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Happy sober Wednesday Brynn!!!!

Full day today. Weather is going to be pleasant a cool these next few days. Maybe 80 today.

See you all in the morning!

K
Old 07-22-2015, 02:51 AM
  # 471 (permalink)  

Good morning. Let's be careful out there.
Old 07-22-2015, 05:40 AM
  # 472 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. It is officially Wednesday.

I didn't want to get out of bed and hit snooze multiple times. Field trip day for kids at camp and I don't think they need a lunch as one will be provided. One less thing to worry about.

Saoutchik, how is your daughter's adventure going? How long is she to be here in the US?

My brain is fuzzy and I'm running late already. I'm glad I'm off tomorrow. And Friday.
Old 07-22-2015, 05:44 AM
  # 473 (permalink)  

Della, what's up with you? Be careful out there sounds like a police show line and made me smile.

Sao, forgot to say I hope you're feeling better. You must be if you're headed to work. Good. Beats the alternative.
Old 07-22-2015, 05:51 AM
  # 474 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Good morning y'all!
Old 07-22-2015, 06:10 AM
  # 475 (permalink)  

Good morning eveyone! Yay, it's Wednesday!
Old 07-22-2015, 06:39 AM
  # 476 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Good morning! Has anyone else had issues with a person/ people who cannot quit reminding you of the past and things you did while drinking? A person who purports to be my supportive friend keeps doing this. He's still angry at me and sometimes says some pretty mean stuff. At first when I was sober I was understanding, and took it all. Had another convo with him last night where things were dredged up. I spent hours crying. Maybe time to cut him loose. He apologized this morning but... How long do I need to suffer the slings and arrows! I'm doing all the right stuff now. He's not. I love him dearly but I think he's holding me back in my recovery. Anyone else had to broom someone you love out of your life?
Old 07-22-2015, 06:43 AM
  # 477 (permalink)  

That sounds really damaging to your recovery MLD. Sometimes we have to remind ourselves of why we are doing this but it really hurts when someone throws things back at you when your doing your best now. My ex loved to do the same thing even though he knew there was plenty I could have thrown back at him if I was that kind of person.
Old 07-22-2015, 06:54 AM
  # 478 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Exactly. He's not a saint. I have apologized to him so many times for the damaging things I did to our relationship (we were more than friends, once upon a time) and he can't let certain things go. So now he feels like it's ok for him to bring these things up, even though he's not blameless - says he might never trust me again. I don't want to lose him but I might have to, at least for a while.
Old 07-22-2015, 07:18 AM
  # 479 (permalink)  

MLD51 ~

Baggage is on him. Thus, he needs to cure it. As an ancillary effect, Behavior resulting from his regressed attitude of clinging to old Realities would subsequently change.

I'm not real big on beating to death the whole 'gotta make Amends' schtick. It strikes me as an excuse to keep Recovering Folks cowering. What counts? Action. Me behaving conscionably going forward. People finally 'get it' about me. Or, they don't. Whatever... I apologize once or twice, and then move on down the Road. Folks who can't forgive have their own larger Issues. I'll give old Friends extra 'accommodation' to straighten out their own Heads. At some point, though, I don't want to be lashed to some Rock Climber going off their own, self-created 'Cliff', and taking me down with them. I call this a 'healthy attitude'; one that attracts/keeps mentally-healthy Friends. This is the Polar Opposite of someone attempting to play 'The Guilt Card' on me. Homie don't play that...

Boundaries. Ya can live with 'em. Ya can't live without 'em.

A sentiment best expressed in the Song linked below from 'South Pacific'. It looks as if they recycled some Sets to/from 'Gilligan's Island'!

Sunset last night during really dramatic 'Cell' Thunderstorms, and some rockin' Winds. Ma Nature. No TV req'd.

- 'I'm Gonna Wash That Man Right Out Of My Hair' ~ 'South Pacific'

In Breaking News, Brynn, it's Wednesday!-)

Old 07-22-2015, 07:20 AM
  # 480 (permalink)  

MLD, my mother did that. I apologized all the way to next Friday and she kept it up. I was feeling defeated when I needed to feel empowered. (This was in my mid thirties.) I told her, "Mom, let go of the past. We both did some mean things to each other and I'm done reliving it." The next time she brought it up, I said, "Mom, I'm not having this conversation. Bye."

I kept doing that. She got pretty pushy and escalated her language a couple times, but I was done apologizing. She had to work out her end without me as her whipping boy(girl). It took maybe six times of doing that and she stopped bringing up the time I did _ _ _ _ _ _when I was four.

I think at some point you have to hand his stuff back to him. It's his stuff, his resentments, his anger, his mistrust. You've apologized and there is nothing more you can do. I would say that and stick to it.

"Be careful out there." Hill Street Blues? Is that where they said that?

I just finished "House" - on Netflix. Now I'm working through the last few episodes of "Gilmore Girls." I'm not going to miss Hugh Laurie. Dr. House was not a pleasant man.