Notices

Holiday Edition Stay sober Weekender July 4th

Old 07-02-2015, 06:09 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

brynn - I agree. I wanted to fall asleep at the table! Now home though, and probably going to have an early night. Have no idea what to do with the rest of the weekend.
Old 07-02-2015, 06:12 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Not feeling any better. I've resigned myself to having just one of "those" days. I'll be fine.

Slogging through some dreaded tasks tonight. Creating a crash plan backup to an external drive for the first time. Activated my copy of Scrivener and getting that ready to go. Working through some tutorials. Completely redoing my "Bills" folder in Chrome bookmarks ... I accidentally deleted it yesterday and found the backup dated back to over a month ago, so it had old accounts and didn't have some new ones. Ugh. So, yeah. I said "F" it yesterday, slept, and attacked it fresh today. Now it's in good shape. Got some new auto + homeowner insurance quotes and very surprised that a local guy at Allstate managed to beat out Progressive and the company that handles our homeowners ins. So I'm going to call Progressive tomorrow to talk them down further. Don't want to change because I've got discounts for loyalty. Ordered flea meds, dog food, and some other stuff. We finally sold the kayak today, so that's out of the way. And tonight I'll be studying for the GRE. Joy, joy. I need ice-cream, darn it.
Old 07-02-2015, 06:16 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Hope tomorrow is better for you
Old 07-02-2015, 06:20 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Tomorrow will be better, hippo! you got a lot done today....nice!
Now that you mentioned studying for the GRE guess I'll have to do some of that too tomorrow, crud! I was hoping for a whole weekend with no responsibilities!
Old 07-02-2015, 06:49 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  

92*F. Olive, are you here? Do you have AC? Can I come over?

And, you guys are gonna think I'm losing it. I thought it was Tuesday all day - I hadn't flipped my calendar from June to July. Heh heh. So really, maybe there won't be any fireworks until tomorrow. I hope. It's so dry and hot, and at my condos we don't have any way to wet the roofs, nor do we have sprinklers. Nail biting time.
Old 07-02-2015, 06:52 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Brynn, my book is huge. It's daunting. Did you get the official guide? It has a CD too.
Old 07-02-2015, 06:53 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Bim, I lose track of the days many times a week, lol. It's crazy.
Old 07-02-2015, 06:56 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Wishful thinking Bim. That it's still June.

Brynn, yes, the ice cream was good. Huge servings. Could have fed an army. I feel slothful right now.

And you reminded ms that my alarm doesn't need to go off at 6:30 a.m. tomorrow. I'm sure some of you will be up before dawn but I want to try to sleep.

Tetra, I'm glad you're having a great week. That will be nice to house sit.

Time to get daughter to bed.
Old 07-02-2015, 07:02 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
92*F. Olive, are you here? Do you have AC? Can I come over?

And, you guys are gonna think I'm losing it. I thought it was Tuesday all day - I hadn't flipped my calendar from June to July. Heh heh. So really, maybe there won't be any fireworks until tomorrow. I hope. It's so dry and hot, and at my condos we don't have any way to wet the roofs, nor do we have sprinklers. Nail biting time.
Yes, Bim! Come on down!
Not to be too forward, but you will have to hang out in the bedroom with me, and the dog, and the two cats.

I acquired a large R2D2-ish AC unit from a thrift store a few years ago. I move him into the bedroom the minute the temps climb above 75. I have to dump out the water in the reservoir occasionally. The blackout curtains help keep the evening sun out. I pretty much hide out in my bedroom when it gets this way.
Can you tell I am not fond of summer?
Old 07-02-2015, 07:20 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Hi all - just settling in for an evening at home. I will be logging into work tomorrow, but should be an easy day. I did a few interviews today, looking for some new employees. Found a couple winners and I think we'll be sending out some offers tomorrow afternoon. In other work news, I ended up turning down the offer from my company to move to our brand new sales team. I've been down that road and succeeded in my previous Chicago life - no need to go back into that meat grinder. Didn't seem like the right situation and the money wouldn't have been different so it was a no-brainer.

Still kicking this flu, I thought I'd have been out of the woods earlier in the week but it's been slow goings. The good thing is that I have plenty of time to continue to rest and take it easy for the next few days. Hope everyone here also has some nice plans! Looking forward to living vicariously through your adventures this time around!
Old 07-02-2015, 07:33 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  
...holds the key

All I can say is Thank god for central air!

Gosh bigS, I didn't know you were still feeling under the weather! No fair!

Hippo....omg! The study guide is daunting. Have you done any practice tests? I'm almost to the stage where I'm getting burned out on studying and am glad I'm taking the test in a few weeks.
Old 07-02-2015, 07:36 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Olive1 View Post
Yes, Bim! Come on down!
Not to be too forward, but you will have to hang out in the bedroom with me, and the dog, and the two cats.

I acquired a large R2D2-ish AC unit from a thrift store a few years ago. I move him into the bedroom the minute the temps climb above 75. I have to dump out the water in the reservoir occasionally. The blackout curtains help keep the evening sun out. I pretty much hide out in my bedroom when it gets this way.
Can you tell I am not fond of summer?
Thank you! I won't really, too much trouble for both of us. Yeah, I wish I had one of those ACs right about now. They're noisy though, aren't they? My downstairs neighbor has one. I have blackout curtains too. The windows get shut at noontime. My bedroom is on the south side with no shade.

I'll survive. I'm in front of my box fan with my spray bottle of cold water and in a dress, hair up, 23rd glass of ice water for the day
Old 07-02-2015, 07:36 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  

No practice tests yet. I don't have my date scheduled yet either. But if I don't aim for a specific month I will end up procrastinating, so I chose August. Really have no clue how much I'm "missing" as far as math and some other stuff. Kind of scary. If I start thinking hard about it, I'll worry. So I'm kind of just taking a casual attitude at this point ... like I'll take the test, then go from there. Just keeping things open.
Old 07-02-2015, 07:51 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Hippo...it's all we can do. I had to just force myself to pick a date to relieve some of the anxiety. I think we'll do fine. I just want it over with.

Wish I could send some cold air your way, Bimini!

Old 07-02-2015, 09:27 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Checking in. Having a nice relaxing sober evening watching movies. I'm a bit of a hoarder when it comes to my garage and I'm going to throw most of it away tomorrow. Please send calming thought as I do this.
Have a nice night all.
Old 07-02-2015, 09:54 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Yes, the AC unit is sort of loud. I just turn up the TV. Good practice for when I get old(er).

And, because they are already popping off fire crackers, the dog barking covers the noise as well.

It shall cool down some day, yes?

Old 07-02-2015, 11:32 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning everyone

Sorry it's so hot for you Biminiblue, we only had one day of high temperatures in London and that was bad enough.

Good luck with the studies Soberpotamus and Brynn
Old 07-03-2015, 02:22 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Soberpotamus View Post
Not feeling any better. I've resigned myself to having just one of "those" days. I'll be fine.

Slogging through some dreaded tasks tonight. Creating a crash plan backup to an external drive for the first time. Activated my copy of Scrivener and getting that ready to go. Working through some tutorials. Completely redoing my "Bills" folder in Chrome bookmarks ... I accidentally deleted it yesterday and found the backup dated back to over a month ago, so it had old accounts and didn't have some new ones. Ugh. So, yeah. I said "F" it yesterday, slept, and attacked it fresh today. Now it's in good shape. Got some new auto + homeowner insurance quotes and very surprised that a local guy at Allstate managed to beat out Progressive and the company that handles our homeowners ins. So I'm going to call Progressive tomorrow to talk them down further. Don't want to change because I've got discounts for loyalty. Ordered flea meds, dog food, and some other stuff. We finally sold the kayak today, so that's out of the way. And tonight I'll be studying for the GRE. Joy, joy. I need ice-cream, darn it.
Wow soberP.... Are those Thursday type things to do? Ha ha... Those are Saturday morning organizing if you ask me. There are lots of things I cannot do at times I feel they should be done over they need to be done.

Don't frustrate yourself. A sober balance is always the best approach.

Hope by the time you read this you are feeling better.

K
Old 07-03-2015, 02:29 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post

I'll survive. I'm in front of my box fan with my spray bottle of cold water and in a dress, hair up, 23rd glass of ice water for the day
Luuuuuuukkkkee.... You aaaarrrreeee may faaaaaaatherrr...........

Don't waste a box fan.
Old 07-03-2015, 02:31 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gettingsmarter View Post
Checking in. Having a nice relaxing sober evening watching movies. I'm a bit of a hoarder when it comes to my garage and I'm going to throw most of it away tomorrow. Please send calming thought as I do this.
Have a nice night all.
Calming thoughts officially being sent. OMMMMMM