Notices

Holiday Edition Stay sober Weekender July 4th

Old 07-03-2015, 07:32 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  

LOL sunny skies here. I am having a happy dance, as just went through my closet and all my shorts are fitting again! So, no need to buy more for Florida!

Still not getting moving today, although had a great catch up with an old friend on the phone.
Old 07-03-2015, 07:37 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  

I saw JT touring with Carole King, the Troubador tour a few years ago. Had great seats from a friend and loved it. Funny, we looked around at the others in the audience and said What an old crowd, and then realized we were the same age. Time marches on... Great concert and I'd love to see JT again.

Perfect weekend weather here in Minnesota, forecast 84 and sunny.

Joining in on the Happy dance for LA on the shorts.
Old 07-03-2015, 07:50 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Drove down to Dennis Weaver's former Town last night and saw some Music in the Park that was Simulcast on FM. Fellow Geezers will remember Weaver from 'Gunsmoke' on TV. Later in Life, he built an 'Earthship' Home, and was active in Environmental Issues.

Stellar People Watching last night in gorgeous, cool Weather at the base of the San Juan Range. The original 'True Grit' was filmed on Ranches in this stunning area called 'Little Switzerland'. The Mountains are relatively 'new' in Geologic Time, and some areas resemble The Matterhorn.

Legal Pot appeared to be the DOC, but Stoners and wandering Alcs appeared to be the exception to this trained Eye. Lotsa Dogs. A minimum of Clothing on both Folks who should be wearing such Outfits, and those who should not be wearing such Outfits. I focused on the 'shoulds'. Face Painting. Mullets. Outdoors Folks. Lotsa Touristas. Life is a Carnival...

A Thai Joint in a Town on the way changed Owners. Man, we had some stellar Dinner Chow.

The 'Crossroads' Show paired Acts that cross traditional descriptions. This one was memorable in that there clearly was mutual admiration between The Chicks and 'Pops' JT.

- 'Carolina In My Mind' ~ JT & Dixie Chicks -
Old 07-03-2015, 07:59 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday to America!!!

I'm in for the weekend. My ex-bf who I am still close to is going to be in town tonight (deployed overseas) so I will see him and have some dinner. He knows I'm not drinking and is supportive. And then tomorrow driving down to NC for an uncle's bday party. Might be a little tough...there will be drinking. But then again, its a family event, so plenty of reason NOT to drink as well.

Hope everyone is well, I'll keep checking in on the thread this weekend.
Old 07-03-2015, 08:00 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Life is a carnival and now I have that song in my head, MM. Thanks, MM.

Daughter is busy putting on sun screen for her play time in her bedroom. Sigh. Waste. It's overcast here. I don't think rain is forecast. I don't feel like doing anything today. Just sitting. Now daughter informs me her hamster has escaped. Crap. They are a pain in the neck to find.

Guess I'll be hamster hunting.
Old 07-03-2015, 08:04 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Ah I remember hamster hunting. Good times with multiple cats!
Old 07-03-2015, 08:12 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  

LOL we always ended up guinea pig hunting when Caleb was young. Plus our 3 guinea pigs became 24 guinea pigs after one escape!
Old 07-03-2015, 08:15 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  
...holds the key

It's overcast here too, Ruby. Weird for July. Happy hamster hunting!

I had a hard time falling asleep last night even after taking a sleeping pill. Finally dozed off and was startled awake by loud pops, which I can only assume were fireworks....dam kids! (can't believe I'm finally old enough to say that ha!). Scared the crud outta me....the downside of having a weekend alone....no one to go see where the serial killer is lurking.
Old 07-03-2015, 10:02 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  

In my mind I'm going to Delaware. Cause I sure ain't gonna drive there. At least not to Cape Henlopen State Park nest week. Somebody tell mrsLB that if you want to camp you gotta make reservations WELL in advance. And the flounder fishing is getting hot too.
I also looked at the possibility of driving to some campsites near Casco Bay. 8+ hour drive - but she totally has no clue that her kayak was not designed for this kind of water. less I get her on a back bay...
So I've spent the past few hours researching campsites in Maine and Delaware. Warm water to swim in vs cold water to swim in. I'd prefer Maine myself. Looks like a lake in PA may be in our near future. Or a day trip to the ocean - hate it! I'd rather go fishing or crabbing than lay on the beach - a total waste of time in my book. Maybe where the scenery is better

I saw a girl in the arena after the concert last night and congratulated her for being of the one percent there. She said huh? The one percent under 50 who attended the concert. And you couldn't buy a coffee in the place. Because it was a hockey arena the was a tim hortons attached - had to leave and re-enter with a coffee. Haven't been in a TH since last time I was in Canada! Enough wasting time on the internet. Time to cut the grass. Looks like lows 80s here. Not bad.
Old 07-03-2015, 10:40 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Vacation planning. Sounds good Brain. I have to do some of that myself. It's coming up quickly. AUGUST will be here before you know it.

Hamster located, uneaten. I don't think the cats were around at the time. That many guinea pigs, eh? I want to get a guinea pig but they're so expensive. Which astonishes me because they are rodents and readily procreate and also because they are a food item in South America. I can't see people in South America paying the price equivalent of steak for a rodent.

Waiting for the woman I'm interviewing to pick up kids from camp. I'm sort of nervous. She probably is too. I also have to now find someone to drop them off as the mom who said she could do it now can't. I hate this. Such a pain.

Nice weather. Butterflies flitting about the yard. The milkweed is growing like crazy so it appears to be working. I bought some steaks to throw on the grill tomorrow and ears of corn which look half decent. I'll make my Greek macaroni salad again. Made it last week for church thing and it was a big hit. Reminds me. I did forget mushrooms for it. And I didn't realize we were low on milk so I'll be back to the store. Always the case.

Then fireworks tonight. Meeting up with my parents for that. Mother in law now "I'm not feeling well. I'm not sure if I'm up for it." Guess my husband takes after his mother. He's still laying face down in bed at 12:40. Don't miss drinking and hangovers. Life passes you by.
Old 07-03-2015, 11:13 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Mankini

New trend in swimwear?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
swinwear.jpg (92.0 KB, 56 views)
Old 07-03-2015, 11:44 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  

things you can't unsee
Old 07-03-2015, 11:57 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Wait....What?!?
Old 07-03-2015, 12:18 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Art walk tonight. Streets closed and lots of very strange people to watch. What shall I wear? ......

Lunch at the Rock was wonderful!

Old 07-03-2015, 12:38 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Life is a carnival Weas. Have fun people watching.

Interviewed woman to pick up kids. She'll be fine. One relief. Kids driving me crazy. Sigh
Old 07-03-2015, 12:49 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  

wow - just finish cutting grass - one section left and came inside for a minute. MrsLB is awake. I told her Delaware is out of the question for camping. I asked if Maine - I didn't even finish the question and she got excited and started doing a form of happy dance. Acadia National park is on her radar. I said but that is 3 hours north of Weasel. She asked, "Who is weasel?" I said life is a carnival and weasel is the ringmaster. She said, "Oh, that weasel." Looks like I need to research camping in Maine. That island I looked at is almost completely booked.

Ruby, did I miss something? Interviewing lady to pick up kids?

It's Friday night 4th of July weekend here in the states. Y'all be careful out there. The nuts will be out in full force tonight. Bim - keep a water hose charged. And don't be tempted to drink just because it's a holiday. Of all the dumb excuses to drink, that one rates way up there with the dumbest. That and "Because everyone else is drinking."
Time to stand up for the sober people of the world. Let the knuckleheads get drunk this weekend. Take it from an ex-knucklehead.
Old 07-03-2015, 12:53 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Sober People Unite!!

Glad the lady was okay, Ruby. Do moms still send the kids outside and threaten if they come in before they are called they'll get spanked? My mom used to lock the door once she got us outside.

Beautiful photos weasel!
Old 07-03-2015, 01:03 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  

brynn...last time I sent my 8 year old alone he first got stuck up a tree for an hour, then once free from said tree arrived home 30 minutes later with a random 4 year old! I had to go door to door to find the parents (probably says more about the parents!).
Old 07-03-2015, 01:03 PM
  # 239 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
Acadia National park is on her radar. I said but that is 3 hours north of Weasel. She asked, "Who is weasel?" I said life is a carnival and weasel is the ringmaster. She said, "Oh, that weasel." .
This made me laugh so hard! Love it.

Yes bar harbor is more than 3 hours north. Yes. This is the busiest time of year. Yes you need to do some searching. But Maine is early overcrowded. Glad she is excited. Let me know and say hello as you travel through!

But here are some pics from my last visit north.

Old 07-03-2015, 01:15 PM
  # 240 (permalink)  

LOL, this showed up on my feed on FB, made me chuckle!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
single.jpg (54.5 KB, 38 views)