Notices

Still the Weekender Sober Thread June 18...

Old 06-18-2015, 05:11 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
So, the Pet Expo is here this weekend. I just researched the bus route/times. I love the Pet Expo. I get to meet a lot of animals in one day. People bring their pets and there are a lot of free giveaways and shows and performances, including dogs, horses, etc. It's always fun.

Then Sunday is my favorite art show of the summer, so there's that. Stuff!
There is also the naked people parade....I mean the Summer Solstice parade on Saturday. Always an interesting event.
Old 06-18-2015, 05:13 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Hi Lola! Your birthday weekend sounds great! Happy Birthday!

Sao....I like the way you think! Brilliant!

Hippo, how long have you been studying for it and when are you taking it?
Old 06-18-2015, 05:22 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Olive1 View Post
There is also the naked people parade....I mean the Summer Solstice parade on Saturday. Always an interesting event.
Seen one Solstice Naked Bicycle Parade, seen 'em all.

Actually I saw that, just not sure it beats out the Pet Expo. The parade is right in the middle of the day, too.
Old 06-18-2015, 05:26 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
1977 is the year I graduated high school!
Me too, Gilmer. don't get how I'm still 39........
Old 06-18-2015, 05:29 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Ahem

There once was a really big Grouper
To face 'em, you must be a Trooper
They big and they round
Quite good to chow down
A close call will make you a Pooper

Burma Shave

Welp, we all know what a regretful Morning is like. Apparently, so do the Knee Jerkers who hastily withdrew their Bid on our House while pissed off about there possibly being Bidding competition. Their Broker called this Morning to see if the House really was off the Market. It was, as of last night, but this Status had not yet been updated on the Realtor's Listings on line [MLS]. Too bad, so sad. We have 2 other Back-up Contracts now from cooler Heads, but I'm sure our Buyer with 2 Rescue Dogs will close the Deal next month.

The Curve Ball of today was finding out that this House Buyer - who might hire her own Inspector, despite my recent Report - typically accompanies said Inspector while they do they thing here. I'm not to be around. No problem with that. My Libertarian streak resents someone following the Inspector around in a House she does not yet own. Like, mine, for example. No secrets I'm trying to hide. The 'logic' is that this 2nd Inspector can explain things to her in real time. I'm told 'this is the standard way it's done'.

I was asked today if she could talk to my House Inspector about his ~1 week-old Report. No problemo by moi. Insights from this discussion might lead to skipping a 2nd Inspection.

Just filled out a 2nd, 7 page Seller's Disclosure Doc. On suggestion, I had to change some answers to 'I Don't Know'. Like, regarding Shingle condition, etc.. Another Doc I had to sign was a 'Square Footage Disclosure'. Every Room dimension was intentionally left blank. This signals that we had not measured and supplied Room dimensions. This forces everyone to work off of County Records good/bad/indifferent. Yes, we have no Bananas. Yah, whatever. The Guano I'll do for $400k Tax-free Cash...

Nice Pix and Stories goin' on. Hang tight, Noobs! It's gets better.
Old 06-18-2015, 05:35 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

'this is the standard way it's done'
Meh. No it isn't. At least when I was a Realtor, it is all negotiable. They do try to keep the buyer and seller apart though. That's just smart salespeople tactic 101.

But, who cares, really? It isn't going to disclose anything new, is it? Probably not.
Old 06-18-2015, 05:46 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

I hate when I actually work at work and miss 3 pages!

Happy Birthday Lola!

Welcome Scram!

Pretty Kitty Tetra.

I graduated high school in 86 talk about Yikes....Someone on FB commented on one of my pics that I look the same as I did in high school...yeah cuz 30 years and 30 pounds don't show. Lolol.
Old 06-18-2015, 06:14 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Seen one Solstice Naked Bicycle Parade, seen 'em all.
Truer words.........
Old 06-18-2015, 06:16 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

I'm on board for another sober weekend as well!

I abstained from caffeine last weekend, and I might try doing that again. I don't drink a whole lot of it in general (about 15oz of coffee a day), but I felt pretty well rested after last weekend not consuming any! :>
Old 06-18-2015, 06:21 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

I saw a few in Roatan in a protected marine park (such as it is) the last time I was there.
Sounds awesome bimini. I did not go scuba diving in Roatan on my trip there a few years ago. Was too drunk to organize anything more exciting than trips to the liquor store. Shame on me. But it's in the past. I still have plenty of "do overs" that I need to accomplish in these parts. Roatan is on my list. Of course, plenty of new places to check out. Colombia has popped up on my radar and I'm leaning towards a visit. Ecuador I have been to, but that was long ago, certainly another possibility. Peru. Nicaragua. The list goes on.....

A relaxing weekend in town is a good idea for me. I drank coffee after 6pm the other day and couldn't get to sleep until midnight. Been struggling with tiredness and a bit of grumpiness ever since, need to get my body back on a schedule. I ran into a friend this afternoon, a local Guatemalan guy I've known since before I moved here permanently. He's also sober, a recovering alcoholic just like me. Today in his free time he summits volcanoes all over the country and also participates in "adventure marathons", the kind where you run through the jungles and up dirt roads and such. He also works in the jade business, so I went to his shop and bought some jade earrings for my grandmother to bring home next month. We gave each other a high-five as we discussed how awesome it is to live sober. Pretty cool to run into someone on the street and be able to say "ain't the sober life grand?" and have them agree, especially as we discussed it in a foreign language in a foreign land. We are not alone, folks - people all over the world are taking back their lives and will offer their support with open arms!
Old 06-18-2015, 06:26 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bigsombrero View Post
... We are not alone, folks - people all over the world are taking back their lives and will offer their support with open arms!
Love this!
Old 06-18-2015, 06:35 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by brynn View Post
Hippo, how long have you been studying for it and when are you taking it?
Probably between August and September, Brynn. Haven't registered yet. Just beginning study. You?

Is it going to be weird that we're late 30's in grad school?
Old 06-18-2015, 06:38 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

I'm back. I'm with Della. Leave you guys for a few hours and then the thread gets really long. I'll just add my two cents more.

Welcome scram! Love the name. Tetra can tell it to her new friend.

Mec, I'd do the stone circle. Sounds super cool.

Lunar, nice grouper and pic of Marathon. I went to the keys by myself a million years ago, well 20 at least, and sstayedon Marathon. It was a nice place.

Tetra, it was very sad about the Berkeley accident. It's been on our radio announcements. Those poor students.

Lovely sunset here but at 8:40. Not like Mecs extended day. Pink in the sky.

Time to get the kids off to bed.
Old 06-18-2015, 06:40 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

For Della. They sell scent booster. As if the regular isn't enough.

Old 06-18-2015, 06:46 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

My friends 11 yo daughter just showed me a short comedy video she filmed and edited. It was laugh out loud funny and completely original. So cool to see young creativity.
Old 06-18-2015, 06:47 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
For Della. They sell scent booster. As if the regular isn't enough.

Ruby be careful sharing that with Della.
Old 06-18-2015, 06:51 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

I already have it Original scent of course.
Old 06-18-2015, 06:54 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

I'm imagining it in little potpourri dishes throughout your house.
Old 06-18-2015, 07:02 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Silly you that's what the Gain scented Febreeze plugins are for.
Old 06-18-2015, 07:38 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Mesa, ole buddy ole pal, I've been spooked by grouper and other assorted underwater critters.

Never done this: