Notices

Still the Weekender Sober Thread June 18...

Old 06-20-2015, 12:56 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

I'm watching Sheldon talking about "laundry night". I had a "laundry evening".
It doesn't seem very exciting.
I hope you have a better day tomorrow Gilmer.
Old 06-20-2015, 01:03 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Thanks, Tetra. You, too!
Old 06-20-2015, 01:05 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MesaMan View Post
And, on that Thread Theme Note...

THEE funniest Video ever about that time of the Month. <32 Million Views for a good reason.

- 'First Moon' ~ Comedy Clip -
That is hysterical!
Old 06-20-2015, 01:19 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Stuck in MIA.
Flight got bumped
a couple hours.
All they have here is junk to eat.
Five fast food pizzerias, a BK, the usual 4.00 spring water bottles.
Ahhhh, what can you do.
What I wouldn't give for
a handful of Earthworm flavored jelly beans,
or a box of freeze dried sour cream and onion Crick-Ettes.
My 5 year old nephew dared me to eat them with him.
I had to show him Uncle Lunar wasn't chicken.
Know what? They're pretty darn good.
They also makem' in bacon cheese.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (41.8 KB, 53 views)
Old 06-20-2015, 01:43 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  
Catch and Release

Sorry to read that some are not having a good day. I am having a fabulous day. As I stated up thread, I took care of a thorny problem by painting it pink :-) and had a productive day, doing some cleaning of saplings, dump run, groceries and vacuumed and washed the car.

By that time, it was 3 pm and I thought...hmmm, I deserve a treat. So, I got a small Dairy Queen chocolate extreme blizzard and ate it on the beach. Then I walked the beach. What a glorious day - sunny, warm, people sun bathing and sailboats out in the lake. Sometimes the beauty of this particular place brings tears to my eyes (such as today). The sunsets here are beyond gorgeous. If you've never experienced the sun set sinking into Lake Huron, then put that on your bucket list.

I am grateful that I can experience the wonders of this beautiful planet.
Old 06-20-2015, 01:48 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

MM hysterical!!!

Tetra I have nights like that and I usually do feel better in the morning

Gilmer tomorrow is a brand new day.
Old 06-20-2015, 01:52 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Calicofish View Post
Sorry to read that some are not having a good day. I am having a fabulous day. As I stated up thread, I took care of a thorny problem by painting it pink :-) and had a productive day, doing some cleaning of saplings, dump run, groceries and vacuumed and washed the car.

By that time, it was 3 pm and I thought...hmmm, I deserve a treat. So, I got a small Dairy Queen chocolate extreme blizzard and ate it on the beach. Then I walked the beach. What a glorious day - sunny, warm, people sun bathing and sailboats out in the lake. Sometimes the beauty of this particular place brings tears to my eyes (such as today). The sunsets here are beyond gorgeous. If you've never experienced the sun set sinking into Lake Huron, then put that on your bucket list.

I am grateful that I can experience the wonders of this beautiful planet.
I love posts like yours.

I did however have a nasty bout with heat exhaustion earlier at my kids swim meet. Was 103 deg here in Fla today. I drank plenty of water but because I changed my diet to cut out all of the junk 5 days ago when I decided to get sober, I was terribly salt deficient.

Feeling somewhat better now but I always know that a day like yours is right around the corner. Probably not in the summer here in Fla though. LoL.

Being clear headed is great isn't it? I'm staying focused on the positive and your story is a perfect example of why.

Thank you

OMB
Old 06-20-2015, 02:00 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Evening all,

I hope everyone is having a good day/evening.

Glorious day here today. My arms got burnt in the garden.

I also made a bed with my bare hands. Well, I assembled our Ikea bed.

Speaking of DIY, I recall when I was younger asking for pasta/lasagne sheets in a small shop. The owner politely suggested I try in the hardware store.

I hope the birthday bash is going well Ruby.

Well done on posting pic Della!

Gilmer and Tetra: tomorrow will bring better things!

B
Old 06-20-2015, 02:00 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Well, being the procrastinator that I am, several months ago my car started warning me that both my car keys had 0% charge...so I did nothing. Until today, where neither key registered with my car (it is a touch button start!). So, I ended up with a walk to AutoZone (fortunately less than a mile away)...and am now left wondering what it will take for me NOT to procrastinate so much?!
Old 06-20-2015, 02:10 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  
Catch and Release

Onmyown - I don't think I could stand a summer in Florida with that heat. I was in Panama City this past January and it was somewhere in the high 90s with 95 percent humidity and I thought I was going to die. Now, granted I was into heavy drinking at that time and was likely hungover. I couldn't get over how the residents there were running around in jeans and shirts, frolicking, playing basketball, and I was like a wilted flower (in billowy cotton clothes). I was drinking water, while walking (we were on a walking tour...sheesh) but I do recall drinking a beer. I know I was never so glad to get back on that air conditioned bus and back to the ship.

How I wish now that I was sober when I went on that trip - I might remember it better. It was a cruise through the Panama Canal, and it was just one big drunk and floating buffet for me. I cringe when I look at the pictures of me - what a mess.

CF
Old 06-20-2015, 02:13 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Mine has a push start to but it has a little cubby that you can put the fob in if the battery is dead. Too late now but do you maybe have one?
Old 06-20-2015, 02:18 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  
saoutchik

It was 103 degrees in London today, 51 in the morning and 52 in the afternoon

Better tomorrow Gilmer

Tetra as a single guy aged 55 with unkempt 'ageing rocker' hair, I hate to admit it but I have laundry day (Thursday). When I win the lottery or an OBE or X Factor, Laundry Day will be a thing of the past.

Watching the news earlier it would appear that we are going through a global mass extinction and this one is man made. Ain't we a great species?
Old 06-20-2015, 02:20 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Hey I like unkempt rocker hair!
Old 06-20-2015, 02:28 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Oh, apparently you don't 'win' an OBE you have to bribe a politician. My mistake

LearningAgain - I have been wondering what it will take to stop me from procrastinating, I don't want to rush into a decision though
Old 06-20-2015, 02:40 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

procrastinating? That was my middle name for a long time. I'm sloooooooowly starting to get things done in a timely manner. Except I am still catching up on years of.......................

Spent the day in the garden/yard. Sweaty - it's humid and had a brief shower. I put in the pepper plants I picked up and the flower I also got for a dollar something to take me over the top on my gift card.

Also planted a row of carrots. Took a trip to the dump pile and unloaded yard waste. I actually got out the line levels and thought about working on the walkway I've been meaning to finish for the past few years...

Tetra - My life consists of pulling weeds - it's a full time job - cleaning up around the house, cooking dinner on demand and trying to find something not too horrible on netflix to take me into the night. Soon tho, I mean soon, I should start playing again. Kayak, fishing etc...

AND don't let anyone try to fool y'all. I don't care where you're from, it's nasty in south florida. Anyone who says you get used to it is full of bovine excrement.

Had a nice shower and 5 minute break. Time to make dinner - pork chops on the grill. The boss is studying. I can't wait until this whole thing is over and she has more than a minute to say hello, make me something to eat. Actually this is probably the most important thing happening in my life - her passing the board and getting a job.
Then I can go fishing...
Old 06-20-2015, 02:48 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Old 06-20-2015, 03:51 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Periods don't have glitter?!?!

NOW YOU TELL ME!
Old 06-20-2015, 04:00 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Hey bus riders!

Calico, I just had a salted caramel truffle Blizzard from DQ last night... Oh.my.stars. Everyone should stop what they're doing and get one now.
And thanks for the reminder of how precious each sober day is. I truly enjoyed your post.

I think I found the perfect Father's Day gift for my John Wayne type Texan papa...drumroll please....
an industrial fan for his garage!
The heat and mosquitos won't stand a chance against this thing.

Be well, friends!

Glitter and daisies and bunnies lol

Last edited by Conquest; 06-20-2015 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Art friend and glitter hahahahaaaaa
Old 06-20-2015, 04:04 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Della1968 View Post
Mine has a push start to but it has a little cubby that you can put the fob in if the battery is dead. Too late now but do you maybe have one?
Well I have no idea if my car has a thing like that! It would make sense I guess! Technology/cars etc are not my thing, if you can not tell already!

I am trying not to procrastinate so much, but it is one of the few things I am very good at.
Old 06-20-2015, 04:08 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

I just went for a hike with my sober friend, but it is really humid and I have a special case of poison ivy (a present from camping I assume) and it was itching so badly, I was completely lame and gave up halfway as the sweat was making me itch - I was at the point of stripping off and jumping in the river to stop the itch...no one needed to see that!