Notices

Still the Weekender Sober Thread June 18...

Old 06-18-2015, 01:54 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

oh, man that grouper must have been tasty.

Those Goliaths are trippy to run into underwater/scuba diving. They get really big. I saw a few in Roatan in a protected marine park (such as it is) the last time I was there.
Old 06-18-2015, 02:02 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

10 pm and still light here in the N/W of england ..

This sunday is the summer solstice , I may go and visit a stone circle perhaps castlerigg .. or i may not 4000 years of people seeing the sunrise and sunset on the longest day and marking the occasion at the circles is pretty amazing …

this is the weekend Mex-m8 moves in and our cat so i might be busy dealing with that LoL

m
Old 06-18-2015, 02:03 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

The six Irish students that were killed in Berkley when the balcony collapsed. More were seriously injured.

On a seperate note, my Grandmother was amused and annoyed when I gave this visitor a drink of milk. Now she claims they will never leave
Attached Images
Old 06-18-2015, 02:06 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

I am in.

This will be my first sober weekend in maybe 6 years, possibly 7? May need to lean on you guys a little for this one. I have already reached out to a few good friends, one with 5+ years of sobriety. I have also reached out to a friend with almost 30 years of sobriety, and he has said he would be my sponsor. He returns this weekend, and I suspect we'll meet at some point, likely Sunday? I have plans to go to a movie tomorrow with my friend who doesn't drink and knows of my decision. Decision's a weird word to me. I would like to call it "Absolutely necessary requirement to remove alcohol from my life because I am a 35 year old man who is so enslaved to that scary toxin that I would do things like sift through a movie theater garbage can hoping that a stranger discarded a bottle of liquor that wasn't quite empty because I already finished mine and there's still like 45 minutes left and how am I supposed to get through?!?!?". Or something like that.

Just thinking of a whole weekend freaks me out. But I'm committing. Please keep me accountable. I'll get through it one step at a time. Sorry for the ramble..
Old 06-18-2015, 02:09 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
oh, man that grouper must have been tasty.

Those Goliaths are trippy to run into underwater/scuba diving. They get really big. I saw a few in Roatan in a protected marine park (such as it is) the last time I was there.
bimini we dove Spiegel Grove in the keys and were warned not to freak out if you turn into one of the rooms and come face to face with a giant grouper. He had a name but I forgot.
Old 06-18-2015, 02:11 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey Scram welcome along
Old 06-18-2015, 02:12 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Hi, Scram!
Old 06-18-2015, 02:21 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gettingsmarter View Post
bimini we dove Spiegel Grove in the keys and were warned not to freak out if you turn into one of the rooms and come face to face with a giant grouper. He had a name but I forgot.
Ha! I dove the Speigel too, in Key Largo. When I was there I didn't see a grouper - but I stayed outside, I was newly certified and a little squirrely.
Old 06-18-2015, 02:23 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Lunar, that is cool the restaurant prepared your caught fish like that for you

Tetra, that black cat is beautiful!
Old 06-18-2015, 02:25 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

I once fed the neighbor's cat tuna in high school, and it faithfully crossed the street to get it every day thereafter. It was never deterred, even when a flock of birds divebombed it!
Old 06-18-2015, 02:27 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Hi Scram! .....rambling is totally encouraged here!!

Nice catch lunar!

Mecanix....I hope you get to go to a stone circle Sunday! That sounds so cool! And I'm glad everyone in your household will be together again!!

Looks like you've got a new friend, tetra!

I'm studying for the GRE y'all and it's dawning on me that it's been 15 years since I graduated from college?!?! Yikes!
Old 06-18-2015, 02:36 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. I'm in this weekend. My bday is next week so this is officially my bday weekend so may be tough going for a bit, but I'm not going to drink. I have a few things planned for the weekend including some AA meetings and a show that I'm treating myself to. I may also take myself out to lunch before the show b/c its a matinee. And yes, I'm going by myself. I don't trust myself around my friends who won't get why I'm not drinking on my bday...again. Yep, last year, I wasn't drinking at this time and I had a great bday. However, I was in the middle of what I told myself was going to be "30 days or something of not drinking". I never really intended to stop forever.

Anyways, hope everyone has nice things planned for the weekend.

Welcome Scram!
Old 06-18-2015, 02:43 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

So, the Pet Expo is here this weekend. I just researched the bus route/times. I love the Pet Expo. I get to meet a lot of animals in one day. People bring their pets and there are a lot of free giveaways and shows and performances, including dogs, horses, etc. It's always fun.

Then Sunday is my favorite art show of the summer, so there's that. Stuff!
Old 06-18-2015, 02:52 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

This morning in Marathon, FL.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (89.0 KB, 51 views)
Old 06-18-2015, 02:54 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Welcome scram! Hang with us for the weekend!

Ready to settle in. Really beautiful weather here. Went for. Few mile walk.

Tired and had a lot of craving so I will watch tv for a bit. They pass. Typical for me sometime at this time of day. Do nothin and they go away.

Day off tomorrow! Gym early and water walk.

K
Old 06-18-2015, 02:58 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

I am Jumping on the bus. Ready for another sober weekend. Waking up without a hangover is a wonderful feeling.
Old 06-18-2015, 03:10 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Hi Scram, rambling is allowed on the bus

I gave my neighbours cat (Boris ) some smoked salmon once. Nobody is allowed to feed him now as he is on a diet.

I have late start tomorrow as I have an 11am out of London appointment. I shall make up for it by going home early (i'm fair minded like that)
Old 06-18-2015, 03:43 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Brynn, I am studying for it too!
Old 06-18-2015, 03:48 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Hey Scram. Glad to have you with us.
Old 06-18-2015, 04:25 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Welcome aboard, Scram!