Notices

Still the Weekender Sober Thread June 18...

Old 06-18-2015, 08:11 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

I need gain scented dog shampoo...original, of course.
Hi scram!!
Old 06-18-2015, 08:29 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Oh, you guys. Make me laugh with the Gain. Well, the house is rather cluttered still but mostly clean. I'm not doing the bathroom until the day of. Son doesn't like sitting down. Boys.

It is really chilly here tonight. All the better to sleep in. Toasty under blankets and not sweltering. Little miss is sleeping in my bed. She hogs it. First kick and she's out of there. Last day of school tomorrow. They're making up days off when school was cancelled due to cold and snow. I don't like summer break. It's a pain to find alternate child care arrangements. I need to get better about it. Always scrambling at the last minute.
Old 06-18-2015, 09:50 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Ruby I think 3 hours is amazing for a party:

I'm 2 hours tops with party bags handed out in last 10 mins and I'm asking everyone 'so what have you planned for the rest of the day?
Old 06-18-2015, 09:56 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tetra View Post
The six Irish students that were killed in Berkley when the balcony collapsed. More were seriously injured. On a seperate note, my Grandmother was amused and annoyed when I gave this visitor a drink of milk. Now she claims they will never leave
I live in the east bay 15 miles from Berkeley. It was terrible hearing about that accident.
Old 06-18-2015, 10:28 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

friday , friday ,
I'm taking a leaf out of sao's book today and doing the arrive late and leave early routine ..
My boss said as long as i do 37 hrs he doesn't care how they are spread out as long as I show out each day . Seems to me i got 32 hrs in the bag so only have 4 or 5 left to do today, Rock and/or roll .

Have some tidying up to do before mex-m8 gets here tomoz .. so there is room enough for him to put down his things … one of my pictures is down on the floor so i need to lift that up away and make it cat proof .

Next week i have a treat lined up , an artist i like has some paintings for sale they are a bit expensive .
Recovery has tought me to follow my heart with such things if it will make me smile each morning when i see them on the wall then what is that worth ?

20 years ago I remember another artist i liked , i used to walk past his window and see the paintings for sale a months salary at the time .. nowadays they are over a years or two's salary to buy those exact same paintings . A shame i chose to drink my monies away back then ..
Ahh well it lead to happiness and sobriety today so it aint all bad

Enjoy your day off K ,

later , m
Old 06-18-2015, 11:43 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Morning all,

What a busy thread overnight! I hope everyone is keeping well.

I'm finding the longer work commute tiring, guess I need to get used to it. Getting the new house ready is slow going. Looking forward to the weekend to get on top of things. We managed to assemble our new sofa last night with little difficulty.

I hope everyone has a great friday. Going to spend the morning exploring our new town.

B
Old 06-19-2015, 12:07 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Woohooo the Weekend again. My 14th sober one. Been to 2 meetings this week, Another one tonight.

Keep it simple everyone, Have fun
Old 06-19-2015, 12:18 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

An old emotional trigger raised its good looking head today and left me feeling like I'd been punched in the guts.

6 mins in this persons presence and I got the major wobbles.

I made some tea and lay in bed. Woke up 3 hours later. I'm fine now bit shaky but fine,

Feeling like a kitten that made it down the stairs in one piece. Gonna watch the telly for rest of Friday night. I need a blanket and big socks.
Old 06-19-2015, 02:54 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soberpotamus View Post
Is it going to be weird that we're late 30's in grad school?
I'm 55 in grad school! At the rate I'm going, I should finish my Masters when I'm 60!
Old 06-19-2015, 03:06 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

it rained later yesterday for hours. I looked out fron this AM and noticed the driver window on the wifemobile is open a couple inches... oops - she drove it last so I'm in the clear - but it's still my fault.

Glad it rained for me after I planted a bunch of stuff the early days of the week. More to do of course. I think my weed buckets will be full of water...

Welcome SCRAM. Stay close and check in often.
Old 06-19-2015, 04:15 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone.
Old 06-19-2015, 04:37 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! Last school day of this academic year for kids. I'm not ready.

Behan, I'm sorry your new commute isn't great. You will eventually get used to it. I find the serenity prayer helpful in traffic. Good job getting the couch assembled.

I like your philosophy about buying art, Mec. If it makes you smile, go for it.

Trees, I hope you feel better.

I'm off to get rea
Old 06-19-2015, 04:38 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Ready. Big thumbs hit post

Brain I hope the car isn't too soaked. What a pain.
Old 06-19-2015, 04:40 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Happy Friday all! Trees good job getting through! I definitely understand good looking triggers.
Old 06-19-2015, 04:43 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Zombie Alert

I notice that another weekender thread from April has risen from the grave
Old 06-19-2015, 04:50 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

I scurried to gather all the little buckets I used for weeds and such. Ah yes, they had holes poked in the bottoms as I used them for tomato plants a couple years ago. I was hoping to be there when the g-men showed up to assist with what goes and what stays. They dun good without me, but I forgot a bag of stuff the wife gathered the other day. I could open an outlet selling weeds. Still a bunch to do and it looks like a sunny day may happen.
Next thing is to open all the windows on the car so it can air out/dry out. The 'wet' line is clearly visible from the driveway. I tell her to close the windows if it's in for the day... I talk to myself a lot around here

But she is preparing for the boards so I leave her alone. I still make all meals etc...
Old 06-19-2015, 04:51 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Zombie Alert

a spammer got hold of that thread and bumped it - stay away, already reported

a song for your Friday wake up usaers,

Last edited by LBrain; 06-19-2015 at 05:03 AM. Reason: a song
Old 06-19-2015, 04:56 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Morning folks. Slept straight through the night without waking, first time in days that I haven't had done the "3am Shuffle" and I feel pretty good about it. Looking to get myself on an even keel mentally over the next couple of weeks. To me that means keeping active, staying social, but also allowing for plenty of mental breaks and relax time. I think a trip to my local plant nursery, some private time on my terrace, and a Sunday brunch out at a restaurant will do the trick. No grand excursions, but no being a hermit either. Balance is key.

Ruby, I think you'll do just fine with the party! Remember that once kids assemble they start playing their own games and engage in one anothers' company. It sounds like you'll have plenty of organized activities if they need a push, but it's likely that once they gather together, fun and socialization will come together organically. It will be a nice day I'm sure!

Mesa, thanks for sharing the info about the move. Sounds like it's pretty consuming right now but things are going in a real positive direction! Good for you guys, and it sounds like downsizing your home ownership issues was a major step in a more manageable and peaceful existence. Sure is a nice view from that Mesa top out yonder!
Old 06-19-2015, 04:57 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I have been to a defence contractor in a place with the charming name of Foulness Island. It's really weird, the Ministry of Defence own the whole island, you can't just go there, I had to go through a security gate.

It's like a time warp - there is even a deserted pub and church. They told me not to take photos but what the heck
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20150619_125425.jpg (54.2 KB, 37 views)
Old 06-19-2015, 05:01 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Zombie Alert

Hmmm... you feeling ok Sao? Am I missing something?

EDIT... just saw LB's comment!