Notices

Still the Weekender Sober Thread June 18...

Old 06-20-2015, 06:07 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gettingsmarter View Post
Learningagain I get poison ivy really bad. Feel your pain.
I have never had it before...I thought initially it was tonnes of bug bites all together until an American looked at me like I was a moron and explained! I also have big bites all over me...so I am a giant itch ball. But the poison ivy is the worst...I want to rip my legs off...on that note heading up for a nice cool shower and lathering some medicated cream on myself!
Old 06-20-2015, 06:09 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

We have nothing here!!!
Old 06-20-2015, 06:10 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by learningagain View Post
I have never had it before...I thought initially it was tonnes of bug bites all together until an American looked at me like I was a moron and explained! I also have big bites all over me...so I am a giant itch ball. But the poison ivy is the worst...I want to rip my legs off...on that note heading up for a nice cool shower and lathering some medicated cream on myself!
Feel better!
Old 06-20-2015, 06:14 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

There is a huge Indian population in the DFW area (mostly due to the telecom and IT industries). So, lots of restaurants and Indo-Pak grocery stores that sell all of the "weird spices" you can't find at Krogers! I did not know I loved this stuff until I went to a few all you can eat buffets. Wow! You can pick and choose what you want and decide what you like. I am in love with Tandoori Chicken (but I can't make it at home... don't have the oven for it). I make whatever I can... trying to learn the north and south cuisines of India.
Old 06-20-2015, 06:15 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  
Catch and Release

Yeah be careful with poison ivy - don't pull your pants down and pee in a patch (obviously, this applies to us women). It's not some place you want a rash.
Old 06-20-2015, 06:23 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by learningagain View Post
Calamine lotion is great for relief of the itch. Def wash that ivy oil off as soon as you can. Also be careful of the clothes you had on when you got into the ivy. Put them in a bag so you dont touch them untill you can wash them. Sorry to be overzealous in the ivy talk.
Old 06-20-2015, 06:26 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Calicofish View Post
Yeah be careful with poison ivy - don't pull your pants down and pee in a patch (obviously, this applies to us women). It's not some place you want a rash.
Oh lord...that does not even bear thinking about! I got it on my ankles, I think because I was trying to avoid puddles on the path. Feeling better now I have lathered up, was a quick shower as that only seemed to make it worse!

Who would have thought, 9pm on a Saturday and I am enjoying a shower, enjoying putting on my nice new face cream and looking after myself! I like these new Saturdays!
Old 06-20-2015, 06:27 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gettingsmarter View Post
Calamine lotion is great for relief of the itch. Def wash that ivy oil off as soon as you can. Also be careful of the clothes you had on when you got into the ivy. Put them in a bag so you dont touch them untill you can wash them. Sorry to be overzealous in the ivy talk.
I was wearing shorts...therein lies the problem! It was really muddy due to all the rains, so everything has been washed at this point! My son looked like a swamp monster...as soon as we got home he ran for a bath so you know it was bad!
Old 06-20-2015, 06:54 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Learningagain, I hope you feel better soon. I've been lucky not to get poison ivy. Lots of bug bites though.

With all this rain the mosquitoes are coming out now. Fireflies, too. Summer is certainly upon us.

Big thunderstorm around me but not overhead. The lightning is off in the distance. Pretty. Someone is getting it.

There are bunches of Indian restaurants in the city but none near me. I'd have to drive about 40 minutes to get there so I don't have it often but it is good. But I want some banana pudding with Nilla wafers. What's different about Indian rice pudding? I do love rice pudding.
Old 06-20-2015, 07:00 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Calicofish, I really like the idea of the pink painted dead bush. I'd do something like that.

I have to settle for the pink plastic flamingos I couldn't resist at the dollar store yesterday. I put them in my garden. I do like a touch of whimsy. I got a flock of them as joke house warming gifts during my first marriage over 25 years ago. They made me smile so I've kept the tradition. I wouldn't, however, put them out in front. Strictly behind my fence
Old 06-20-2015, 08:13 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Good night yall. Long day tomorrow with the niece and nephews.
Old 06-20-2015, 08:39 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

I'm laying on the couch listening to the storm. Mighty nice.
Old 06-20-2015, 10:21 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Sunday morning

Happy anniversary for yesterday Mesa.

Hope you feel better LearningAgain

Thick clouds overhead giving a strange sound deadening effect - like everyone is holding their breath. I do like this time of the day

No pink flamingos here but a couple of ducks are making their way along the canal, quacking as they go by.
Old 06-20-2015, 10:30 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Good night/morning y'all! I'm on my way to bed after an interesting evening which started with finding a $50 in the parking lot at the restaurant and ended with making a new friend who is a pro heavy weight boxer.....and yes, I'm sober....and tired.
Glad everyone had a good day (except for the poison ivy people )
Xoxo

why are you up so early on a Sunday, Sao?
Old 06-20-2015, 10:31 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  
...holds the key

And Happy Fathers Day!!
Old 06-21-2015, 12:16 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

cP4eva ,
keep on day 3 is great . I had the phantom hangovers off and on .. Try to eat healthy and watch how much caffeine you're drinking in colas and coffee / tea ..

Keep on
m
Old 06-21-2015, 12:35 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

morning gang ,
hope everyone made it through Saturday , if not now is the time to re-group and thing again ..
This thing isn't impossible it requires effort and practice ..
You can read how to drive a car in a book and know how to drive .. but you still can't drive , same was true for sobriety for me ..

Try and have a glorious sunday , If not then just getting through is enough to be thankful for eh ?

m
Old 06-21-2015, 02:55 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  
saoutchik

When I first quit drinking Brynn I suffered from insomnia and would be awake anyway. Forced myself to start running in the early morning so that I was physically tired in the evening and it worked, I sleep fairly well these days plus I have lost a few pounds in weight.

Happy Fathers Day/ Summer Solstice

I bought these babies myself and they arrived during the week but they are a sort of Father's Day present to myself courtesy of my Credit Card. All I need now is an engine...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20150621_104424.jpg (38.6 KB, 33 views)
Old 06-21-2015, 03:11 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Goodness me. Is it big, small, a futuristic city?

Que es eso?
Old 06-21-2015, 03:19 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Morning all and Happy Fathers Day to all who celebrate!