Notices

Still the Weekender Sober Thread June 18...

Old 06-20-2015, 07:21 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Good morning. Party day. So much to do and so little time. Sigh. Husband no help and kept me up with his coming and going so I'm exhausted.

Prioritize and first things first.

MNS, hang in there. What more can you add to Fridays to get through? I did beginners AA meetings at 7 and also coming on here.

Any way, I've got boatloads to do and not much time. See y'all
Old 06-20-2015, 07:23 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I've threatened to dance like that when my daughter gets married.

Mesa you made Orkney sound really cool. I've never been there.

Had a partial success with the new bedding It was 500 thread not 700 and they was only one design that I really liked, dark red with gold fleur de lis, so I bought two sets. Glad I didn't drive, the roads are chocca. Had to put up with a little bit of rain.

It's stopped now which means I better go and wash the car. Boring!

I just caught sight of my reflection, I haven't had a haircut for over a month and I am looking like an ageing rocker
Old 06-20-2015, 07:26 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Sao, you do realize "aging rocker" is now Keith Richards and what's-his-name? 70 year olds.
Old 06-20-2015, 07:36 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

Thanks Weasel I know that being active on here as much as possible is a key factor in keeping myself focused. I should have logged on last night before I drank.

And thank you Ruby. Really I think I just need to be more mindful of my thoughts and feelings when I'm really exhausted and stressed out. I had a long week with a lot more going on than usual, mainly with work. I got home yesterday completely wiped out and I let the AV convince me that having some drinks was the easiest way to ease my nerves.

I'm going to keep SR open on my phone all weekend to help remind myself that all I need to do is come on here for motivation.

Enjoy your Saturday everyone!
Old 06-20-2015, 07:45 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Working on day 3 and last night was rough.
Came home after work-walked and fed the dog and fell asleep shortly after that. Woke up sweaty and sore.

No alcohol, but felt hung-over.

I spend the wee hours restringing and cleaning one of my guitars. I was meticulous.
I now have the cleanest guitar in North America hahaha.

Managed a couple more hours of good sleep and woke up to dog tongue on my face.

All said, it was my roughest night so far, but I made it.
Old 06-20-2015, 07:59 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Checking in before 10am.....think it's a first for me! I know I'm the late sleeper on the bus but in my defense I usually can't fall asleep until 5am-ish. Insomnia sucks!

Glad you're back mns!

Stick around here cp4....you're doing great!

Good luck with the party Ruby! You're a good mama!
Old 06-20-2015, 08:07 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  
EndGame

Originally Posted by Della1968 View Post
I love black cats. I have 3 cats so I am well on my way to crazy cat lady status. Have a great day all! Let's be careful out there
Me too.

Here's Sophie. She and Petey were litter mates and two cats with very distinctive personalities. They passed away within eight months of each other several years ago.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Sophie copy.jpg (80.3 KB, 43 views)
Old 06-20-2015, 08:11 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  
EndGame

Petey.
Attached Images
File Type: gif
Petey copy.gif (60.0 KB, 43 views)
Old 06-20-2015, 08:12 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  
...holds the key

GS......wish I had donuts this morning! Southern Maid glazed are the best when you get them warm! Store bought blueberries (I'm jealous Brain) and wheat toast instead.

Supposed to go out tonight for dinner then to hear some jazz. I want to go but feeling 'fat' today (girls will understand). I want to go shopping for a new outfit but know it will end in frustration! Never go shopping when you 'feel' fat! Recipe for disaster! Guys have it so easy.

That's my vent for the day. Carry on.....
Old 06-20-2015, 08:13 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Oh endgame! I'm sorry! They were adorable!
Old 06-20-2015, 08:14 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EndGameNYC View Post
Me too.

Here's Sophie. She and Petey were litter mates and two cats with very distinctive personalities. They passed away within eight months of each other several years ago.
Such a beautiful kitty! I have no idea how to post photos (it keeps saying mine are too big and I am clueless how to make them smaller!) - my son's cat looks like toothless from how to train you dragon! He has a toothless toy and it is a mirror image! Now, if only she would grow wings!
Old 06-20-2015, 08:15 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by brynn View Post
GS......wish I had donuts this morning! Southern Maid glazed are the best when you get them warm! Store bought blueberries (I'm jealous Brain) and wheat toast instead.

Supposed to go out tonight for dinner then to hear some jazz. I want to go but feeling 'fat' today (girls will understand). I want to go shopping for a new outfit but know it will end in frustration! Never go shopping when you 'feel' fat! Recipe for disaster! Guys have it so easy.

That's my vent for the day. Carry on.....
Totally understand the "fat" days. One of my motivations here is losing weight - time of the month and feeling huge...just googled how many calories does time of the month use up...looking for a positive to avoid eating! Yes! I am desperate lol
Old 06-20-2015, 08:40 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  

And, on that Thread Theme Note...

THEE funniest Video ever about that time of the Month. <32 Million Views for a good reason.

- 'First Moon' ~ Comedy Clip -
Old 06-20-2015, 08:43 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  

'Morning, people.

Drinking my coffee, checking my email, tidying up some stuff online, measuring my flowers beds today and going to Lowe's for some edging stones. Later, I'm starting an online Scrivener course. It's writing software.

EndGame, cool cats
Old 06-20-2015, 08:55 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  

I love your cats!! I can't do pics either! Not even sure how I got the profile pic on here!
Old 06-20-2015, 09:03 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  

That is hysterical, MM! (no pun intended)
Old 06-20-2015, 09:05 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  
EndGame

Originally Posted by Della1968 View Post
I love your cats!! I can't do pics either! Not even sure how I got the profile pic on here!
When you begin your post, select the option to "Go Advanced" at the bottom of the post which is directly to the right of the "Submit Reply" button.

Next, scroll to the top of the post. Within the tool bar is an icon of a paper clip which signifies "Attachment." Click on the clip, and there's a pop-up box that allows you to "browse" among your pictures and other documents on your computer. Click on "Browse." When you find the pic you're looking for on your computer, "select" it, and then choose "Upload."

The pic should be inserted at the last point you left your cursor in your post. To confirm that the pic is in your post, select "Preview Post" at the bottom of your post and now directly to the right of "Submit Reply." The preview should show your picture, just as it does in other posts that have pictures in them. Then select "Submit Reply."
Old 06-20-2015, 09:10 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  

MM, that's a pretty stellar advertisement, lol.
Old 06-20-2015, 09:59 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  
Catch and Release

Painted a Dead Bush Pink

There is this thorny, dead bush growing over the trellis at my front gate. It must have been a beautiful bush at one time (I don't know since I just moved here and it was already dead). I was thinking of removing it, but it is so full of thorns (spikes actually) that it seemed dangerous. So, instead I bought a can of pink spray paint and sprayed it pink.

It looks really good. Maybe I'll start a new trend - spray paint your dead trees :-) Make rainbows of happiness in your yard.

Oh - and I am totally sober ;-p

It's a beautiful day and I'm so grateful that I'm sober and not nursing a bloody hangover.
T
Old 06-20-2015, 10:02 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Mesa - funny and kinda gross

Had a chance to read Endgame post on the Maginot Line. The Germans went round it (how fiendishly cunning)

I have just put a lasagne on but discovered I have no pasta sheets. No problem but it is chucking it down with rain now and on top of that I just washed the car a while ago. Anti Saoutchik conspiricy strikes again