Notices

Still the Weekender Sober Thread June 18...

Old 06-20-2015, 04:09 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  

'Putting the Pro back in procrastination' ~ Me

I'm on the rebound, here. All this House Sales Guano has tuckered out what's left of my Brain. By design, we're on Cruise Control here. I'm seriously impressed with all the initiative being reported here today.

'Motivation is overrated' ~ Me

I took my Laptop and Lawn Chair to the Dog Park, and e-signed a Back Up Contract for this House before the 1 P.M. Deadline. It's from this Gent up the Block who I engaged on the Sidewalk ~1 month ago while he walked by with his 2 Rat Dogs. I thought that perhaps he'd be looking for a House for his possible extended Family. Damned if my Clothing-based hunch wasn't spot on. Sho 'nuff, he co-signed for his Daughter & SIL to nab them a Home to start their Family. He's our 2nd-in-line should the Single Gal w/2 Rescue Dogs not close in a month. A nice position for us to be in. One that doesn't resemble the Yoga move 'Downward Dog'.-)

For our 34th Wedding Anniversary today after the first 4 years of living in Sin, we hit a really high-end Mountain Restaurant with stunning views last night for an atypically high-end Meal. I passed on the Kobe [Wagyu] Beef at $35-/Ounce. That's $280- for an 8 Ounce Steak, Math Majors. In a first, I asked Da Wife in advance if she wouldn't mind skipping Alcohol. She was pretty surprised, but took my request well. I left right after this 'discussion' yesterday to give her some time for processing. We had some foof_y mixed Berry Drink w/Selzer, and she was all over it. I'm easing her into this Sober Scenario, having sucked it up for most of the last ~1.5 years and, enduring having Booze around. It's not a Trigger. It's a flat-out PITA sometimes that's causing me to withdraw in order to regroup. So, some Boundaries have to be sketched out as part of our pending move to remote W. Colorado. No biggie.

'No one takes advantage of you without your permission' ~ Columnist Ann Landers

I've got a least a week of niggling 'stuff' to repair to make the next Homeowner's Life simple once she moves in. Put a low Kitchen Drawer back on a Track. Slam in some shock-proof GFI Receptacles to protect Outlets around the Kitchen Sink. Not req'd in '87, oddly enough. Put a long-missing Damper/Closer on the Plaster-filled, Firestop Door to the Garage. And, so on...

Yah, there's been a couple of lil AV spikes in all this activity. Celebrate cuz we got a nice House Contract ~$40k over Asking. 'Reward' myself last night at Dinner. Same ole BS. I stomped down these spikes w/o much trouble.

I can't go back to that Black Hole.
Old 06-20-2015, 04:11 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Calico I'm originally from Pennsylvania and hated moving here when I was a kid because of the heat. Always have. As soon as my younger two kids can educate and support themselves I'm moving back home with the rest of the family. I'll take 4 months of grey weather instead of 6 months of 100% humidity and 90+ deg heat any day. It's brutal.

ArtFriend, I can't stop laughing at that video. Too funny.
Old 06-20-2015, 04:11 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  

It is after midnight so happy Father's Day to all of you great dads out there - including my own very special dad, truly the kindest person I have ever known. You all do a great job and we appreciate it even if we don't always say it
Old 06-20-2015, 04:39 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Let me be the first to thank you for your kind words.

I plan to have a wonderful day with my four sober as a judge tomorrow.

Wish you the best also.

OMB
Old 06-20-2015, 04:59 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by learningagain View Post
I just went for a hike with my sober friend, but it is really humid and I have a special case of poison ivy (a present from camping I assume) and it was itching so badly, I was completely lame and gave up halfway as the sweat was making me itch - I was at the point of stripping off and jumping in the river to stop the itch...no one needed to see that!
Learningagain I get poison ivy really bad. Feel your pain.

Lazy day for me. Waiting to seem my niece and 2 nephews.
Old 06-20-2015, 05:03 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Happy Anniversary MM!!
Old 06-20-2015, 05:26 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Happy anniversary MM. Solid gold steaks! Awesome!

I'm at the park. Guests are gone. My two wanted to swim but the pool is closed. There is a sprinkler. One of the girls from the party is at the park, coincidentally. So kids are playing.

Endgame, what handsome cats. You must miss them. I've got one that follows me like a dog at home. I'll miss her. She's getting up there.

Tetra, you're not missing anything. I'd give my left arm to be in my pajamas and watching television.

Time to pay attention to the kids. Thanks for the well wishes. Next year, better planning. I'll have go think about maybe possibly planning in advance. Someday.
Old 06-20-2015, 05:40 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Happy Anniversary, MesaMan Sounds like you are dealing well with the old AV. Great job.
Old 06-20-2015, 05:42 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  

I'm indulging in a bowl of Southern Banana Pudding ice-cream and a generous side of Bread Pudding. Two southern faves in one bowl. Entirely way too much sugar.
Old 06-20-2015, 05:42 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  

grilled pork chops, a stick of shrimp each, corn on the cob, and a salad to die for! Took out the Friendlies coffee ice cream and set on counter, watered plants that required water, came in and have a dish of soft ice cream with strawberries and chocolate sauce, already packed lunch for the wife.
Also did another 30 minutes of mando

netflix is calling my name - actually the couch is calling my name, netflix happens to be in the same room

happy fawders day to all you fawders out there,
happy anniversary MM,

say goodnight Olive
Old 06-20-2015, 05:43 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Glad you survived Ruby!!

Thanks SP now I want something sweet! I've got nothing here!!
Old 06-20-2015, 05:45 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soberpotamus View Post
I'm indulging in a bowl of Southern Banana Pudding ice-cream and a generous side of Bread Pudding. Two southern faves in one bowl. Entirely way too much sugar.
You just made me drool a little.
Old 06-20-2015, 05:46 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  

There are chunks of 'Nilla Wafers in the ice-cream.
Old 06-20-2015, 05:50 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  

I thought you were so sweet Now I think you are Satan! I love Nilla Wafers!
Old 06-20-2015, 05:51 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  

I am having butter chicken with naan and sag paneer (all Indian food that I made!). Dessert is kheer (rice pudding Indian style)

I see all ya'll going WTF? YUCK!

More for moi'
Old 06-20-2015, 06:00 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Oh I would eat all that!
Old 06-20-2015, 06:01 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  

I love butter chicken, AF.
Old 06-20-2015, 06:03 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Now I want Indian food! I have yet to find a decent Indian restaurant in Cleveland, OH...it is one of the things I really miss from the UK. I make a pretty decent curry - and my son loves it which is good, but not the same as a decent Indian restaurant
Old 06-20-2015, 06:04 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ArtFriend View Post
I am having butter chicken with naan and sag paneer (all Indian food that I made!). Dessert is kheer (rice pudding Indian style)

I see all ya'll going WTF? YUCK!

More for moi'
ArtFriend I say yummy yummy yummy. Butter chicken and naan is heavenly. I'd love Indian food.

Anyone here ever tried durian fruit?
Old 06-20-2015, 06:05 PM
  # 320 (permalink)  

My favorite Indian restaurant is about an hour drive away. We do have a pretty good one in our town though. There are a couple of decent ones here.