Notices

On My Way

Old 03-07-2015, 09:58 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Enjoy it all, Gonnachange.

It doesn't happen overnight but, once sobriety sinks in and becomes a part of you, it really rocks!!!!!
Old 03-07-2015, 10:06 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Enjoy it all, Gonnachange.

It doesn't happen overnight but, once sobriety sinks in and becomes a part of you, it really rocks!!!!!
It's not part of me yet, as I wrote to Endgame yesterday, but I'm moving in that direction. As always, thanks for your support.
Old 03-07-2015, 02:32 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Posting to keep me grounded. I ran 3 miles at the gym and my wife and I went on the walk. Felt good to be out and not have to deal with really cold temperatures. We're not doing the museum today; instead we will stay in for dinner and then either light a fire and listen to music or watch a movie in our den, a rare event for us. What I will not be doing is having any alcohol and although we haven't spoken about it today I think my wife will be doing the same since she's looking to lose those last 5 stubborn pounds.
Old 03-07-2015, 02:42 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Enjoy your evening!!!!!
Old 03-07-2015, 03:12 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Enjoy your evening!!!!!
Thanks. And the same to you. I'm anticipating it being pretty mellow and not too late which is all fine with me. We lose a hour of sleep because of the time change and me and my wife want to hit the gym tomorrow AM before going to see my nephew play in a collegiate volleyball tournament.

Brag alert: he's the captain of the team. :-)
Old 03-08-2015, 07:37 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

My nephew won the first 3 of the 3 of 5 tourney. Afterward we went back to my inlaws' house and then we went to dinner. Water and seltzer for the win.
Old 03-08-2015, 07:44 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Really cool stuff, Gonnachange!!!!!!!

I am having a sparkling water now. Cheers; here's to good days, good times.
Old 03-08-2015, 07:45 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats GC
Old 03-09-2015, 08:18 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Really cool stuff, Gonnachange!!!!!!!

I am having a sparkling water now. Cheers; here's to good days, good times.
Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Congrats GC
Thanks guys. It was a fun day and I'm looking forward to building some more momentum today.
Old 03-09-2015, 05:48 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

More trouble than it I would have liked not having that first one, but I'm at the point in the day where I know I'm going to be sober.

Meeting a buddy of mine for breakfast tomorrow AM, going for a run, and then taking care of business. The last two may be reversed at least for a little while until the day warms up.
Old 03-09-2015, 05:54 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Alright!!!!! Good going, Gonnachange.

Enjoy your day tomorrow. Probably a little rain moving in here.
Old 03-09-2015, 06:02 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

We had 45 today and it felt like a heatwave!
Old 03-09-2015, 06:31 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Alright!!!!! Good going, Gonnachange.

Enjoy your day tomorrow. Probably a little rain moving in here.
Thanks SL. After the breakfast and other when I go for my run it's going to be a regular work day. If there's a money tree in the back yard I haven't found it. :-)

Originally Posted by Della1968 View Post
We had 45 today and it felt like a heatwave!
I so get it! We were in the low 50F's today and it was awesome.

Tonight

Heading up to bed to read after this so despite some issues that I referred to earlier it's another sober day. Couldn't have done it without SR, so all who post or read thank you!
Old 03-09-2015, 06:36 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Because I've done so of late, but forgot tonight to update dinner was pan seared pork chops with paprika and a cream sauce. The side was roasted Brussels sprouts.
Old 03-10-2015, 12:37 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

I normally don't go out on weeknights, but a friend of mine called a short while ago to say he had an extra ticket to a concert. Ordinarily I would have gone with him, but I'm feeling weak and tired today and was concerned I wouldn't be up for the battle with my AV so I turned him down with a lame-ish excuse.

On one hand I'm glad that I recognized that I may have some trouble if I went, but on the other hand I'm annoyed that I'm in this situation. Regardless of the latter, better to err on the side of caution.
Old 03-10-2015, 03:38 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Hello Gonnachange, just wanted to post to say how much I've been enjoying your threads. (Bit of a quiet lurker normally…) Your writing is very honest and sincere.

You are becoming my new fitness inspiration - I've been less than disciplined last two months and I miss it. I'd say you were my cooking inspiration but would take a bit more than inspiration to get me to your level ;-)

Thanks again, and best of luck.
Old 03-10-2015, 04:15 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Calitano View Post
Hello Gonnachange, just wanted to post to say how much I've been enjoying your threads. (Bit of a quiet lurker normally…) Your writing is very honest and sincere.

You are becoming my new fitness inspiration - I've been less than disciplined last two months and I miss it. I'd say you were my cooking inspiration but would take a bit more than inspiration to get me to your level ;-)

Thanks again, and best of luck.
Thank you for your kind words and I wish you well also. When I started writing on SR about me and for me I never considered that my words would have a positive effect on someone else, but have come to realize that such is not the case. If I can help myself and anyone else as I try to figure this sobriety thing out it's a win-win situation. About the honesty, if I'm not what's the point of me coming here for help, right? So as hard as it is to write about screw ups, I know I have to do so.

For a few reasons (injuries, weather, excuses) my fitness has taken a hit the past two months, but I'm starting to ramp it up again. I'm convinced that the benefits of exercise, regardless of what type, are both mental and physical. Even on an age adjusted basis I'm not particularly good at my three main outlets (running, cycling, and lifting) and my fastest and strongest days are behind me, but while I do have some pride about my efforts as long as I know I'm doing my best then I'm satisfied. And doing my best does not mean getting drunk the night before.

Cooking is easier to get better at as one gets older. LOL! Believe me I'm no chef, but certainly enjoy cooking and know how to get a meal on the table. My college age kids are coming home for the weekend and I'm sure there will be some dinner requests tomorrow.

Dinner

Spaghetti and meatballs with a salad. I previously made the pasta, sauce, and meatballs so not a lot of work tonight. Technically, it's not spaghetti because the pasta is flat and I cut it wide so it's more like linguini and meatballs.
Old 03-10-2015, 04:16 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  
Do your best

Your dinner sounds fantastic GC
Old 03-10-2015, 05:12 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Your dinner sounds fantastic GC
Thanks. It came out well, but since I had all the ingredients previously I knew that as long as I didn't screw anything up in the kitchen it would taste fine. The meatballs were made over a month ago, but not cooked, so I had to defrost them and then cook them, which is more about time than activity. The sauce was a reheat from last week, and the pasta I made a few weeks ago and froze. I'm pretty sure I wrote about it somewhere here; I incorporated garlic and parsley into the dough. No defrosting necessary, just throw it in the boiling water for a few minutes. All of it lends itself toward making numerous batches and freezing for easy and tasty future meals. The salad, of course, was fresh. LOL!
Old 03-10-2015, 05:16 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  
Do your best

Sounds tasty congrats GC