Notices

On My Way

Old 03-17-2015, 07:56 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Della1968 View Post
You have let us know it's all good
Good. I'm glad I got that across. I know I probably didn't need to write what I did, but I feel better for having done so.

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Sending thoughts & prayers GC
Thanks SW. The service and funeral while sad were not tragic because the woman was 92 and lived a very fulfilling and healthy life right up until the last few months. I hope everyone reading that can distinguish the difference.

Writing about the second chapter of the day, my mother is buried next to my father and my paternal grandparents and while saddened I feel a sense of peace while at the cemetery. It's a mix of emotions, but I always feel better after being there.

Given the funeral and the luncheon, the anniversary of my mother's death, and St. Patrick's Day it would have been easy for my AV to justify some alcohol, but in a few minutes I'm going to bed sober. Once again I have to thank my SR friends for helping me through a rough day.

Good night.
Old 03-18-2015, 08:24 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Good to hear that your day went well enough, Gonnachange.

Haven't been feeling well (some sort of bug which feels like a hangover with added cold symptoms - making coherent thoughts rather challenging) at all so not checking in with you as often as I would like but am thinking about you.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:11 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Good to hear that your day went well enough, Gonnachange.

Haven't been feeling well (some sort of bug which feels like a hangover with added cold symptoms - making coherent thoughts rather challenging) at all so not checking in with you as often as I would like but am thinking about you.
Sorry to read that you're under the weather. Get well soon. I know your weather is similar to mine and the large variability of late probably isn't helping.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:46 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  
Do your best

I really understand GC i have lost a lot of ppl if you ever want to talk im always around bud

ps keep the fab recipes coming my friend
Old 03-18-2015, 09:51 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  

I really understand GC i have lost a lot of ppl if you ever want to talk im always around bud

ps keep the fab recipes coming my friend
Thanks for the kind offer SW.

Tonight's dinner is going to be cauliflower pizza crust topped with ricotta cheese mixed with dried parsley and then sautéed onions and garlic.
I'll be serving a salad on the side probably with some type of balsamic vinaigrette that I'll make a decision on later. I'll cross post this in the recipe thread.
Old 03-18-2015, 02:56 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  

After bringing my "A" game yesterday I'm a little more susceptible tonight and the thought of a martini is dancing through my head. Not going to happen, but I can't wait for these types of thoughts to not be around.

In humorous news, I've somehow gotten on the wrong mailing list because in the past couple of days I've gotten brochures for me to buy shares in a private jet, schedule a test drive in a Maserati, and come visit a Bentley dealership for a test drive. Wonder what I'll get tomorrow. LOL!

Going to the kitchen.
Old 03-18-2015, 03:02 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  
Do your best

Sounds exellent GC
Old 03-18-2015, 03:11 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  

I've been a bit out of the loop Gonnachange, but interested to see how you're doing. Doing well, I hope. Are you still attempting to moderate? Glad you're staying on the forum!
Old 03-18-2015, 04:12 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Sounds exellent GC
Now if I can only find that money tree in the backyard I'd be able to take the jet to one of the test drives. Or fly across the pond and have you cook me a delicious meal. :-)

Originally Posted by melki View Post
I've been a bit out of the loop Gonnachange, but interested to see how you're doing. Doing well, I hope. Are you still attempting to moderate? Glad you're staying on the forum!
Thanks for coming around and inquiring. I am doing well, but not perfect. My aim is to be sober, but for the past three/four weeks I've been having a drink about once per week. Bottom line, I'm doing much better than I was, but I still have work to do.
Old 03-18-2015, 04:29 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have you considered abstinance GC it really is the best option by light years
Old 03-18-2015, 05:53 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Have you considered abstinance GC it really is the best option by light years
Have re-read my response to Melki I can understand how I should have worded my response differently. Abstinence, sobriety, or whatever label is placed on not drinking is the goal; I was just pointing out that I'm falling short of that standard about once per week. The goal is zero, but lately a couple of drinks once a week are happening. I've always 'fessed up so I'm comfortable about writing about them again, but would be happier writing about zeros.

On a lighter note, I checked my backyard and still couldn't find the money tree so that private jet that I was given the opportunity to purchase and would take to have you cook me a meal doesn't seem to be in the cards. LOL!
Old 03-18-2015, 08:06 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gonnachange View Post
The goal is zero,
NICE!

Originally Posted by Gonnachange View Post
but lately a couple of drinks once a week are happening.
We were just talking about the passive voice in another thread.

Overall, good for you. Take good care of yourself!
Old 03-19-2015, 06:10 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by melki View Post
NICE!

We were just talking about the passive voice in another thread.

Overall, good for you. Take good care of yourself!
Thank you. You take care also.
Old 03-19-2015, 06:33 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good luck in achieving your goal GC
Old 03-19-2015, 01:09 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Good luck in achieving your goal GC
Thanks SW.
Old 03-19-2015, 01:22 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  
Do your best

Whats on the menu today GC ?
Old 03-19-2015, 01:29 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Whats on the menu today GC ?
Smoked chicken leg quarters with brown lentils on the side.
Old 03-19-2015, 01:44 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Yum.

Your wife is a lucky woman.
Old 03-19-2015, 02:07 PM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Yum.

Your wife is a lucky woman.
Thanks about the dinner and I tell my wife everyday how lucky she is to have me. I don't always get what I consider an appropriate response. :-)

Seriously, we've been together over 33 years and Sunday is our 28th wedding anniversary. It's been a good ride that I hope continues for many more decades.

No More Cooking

Tonight is the last dinner I'll be making until Monday. As I wrote above, Sunday is our anniversary, but we're going to my BIL's house for his annual St. Patrick's Day party that coincides with the second largest parade in the NY metro area, after NYC of course. To celebrate our anniversary we're going out to dinner tomorrow night. I'm off the hook on Saturday because we're going to a wedding that night.

The other takeaway from all the activity is that I'm going to be surrounded by people drinking. Not necessarily irresponsibly, but there will be alcohol around.
Old 03-19-2015, 02:17 PM
  # 240 (permalink)  

You can get through those situations, GC. Try to imagine yourself in those situations ahead of time and without a drink in your hand.

You can always imagine us there, too - your SR buddies - our names and avatars guiding you away from the bar. You can imagine me holding my umbrella over the wine glass by your plate and having wine spill all over the table like raindrops when the waiter tries to fill your glass - that would be entertaining.

Preoare your mind and heart; you can do it, GC.