Thread: On My Way
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2015, 04:15 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  
Gonnachange

Originally Posted by Calitano View Post
Hello Gonnachange, just wanted to post to say how much I've been enjoying your threads. (Bit of a quiet lurker normally…) Your writing is very honest and sincere.

You are becoming my new fitness inspiration - I've been less than disciplined last two months and I miss it. I'd say you were my cooking inspiration but would take a bit more than inspiration to get me to your level ;-)

Thanks again, and best of luck.
Thank you for your kind words and I wish you well also. When I started writing on SR about me and for me I never considered that my words would have a positive effect on someone else, but have come to realize that such is not the case. If I can help myself and anyone else as I try to figure this sobriety thing out it's a win-win situation. About the honesty, if I'm not what's the point of me coming here for help, right? So as hard as it is to write about screw ups, I know I have to do so.

For a few reasons (injuries, weather, excuses) my fitness has taken a hit the past two months, but I'm starting to ramp it up again. I'm convinced that the benefits of exercise, regardless of what type, are both mental and physical. Even on an age adjusted basis I'm not particularly good at my three main outlets (running, cycling, and lifting) and my fastest and strongest days are behind me, but while I do have some pride about my efforts as long as I know I'm doing my best then I'm satisfied. And doing my best does not mean getting drunk the night before.

Cooking is easier to get better at as one gets older. LOL! Believe me I'm no chef, but certainly enjoy cooking and know how to get a meal on the table. My college age kids are coming home for the weekend and I'm sure there will be some dinner requests tomorrow.

Dinner

Spaghetti and meatballs with a salad. I previously made the pasta, sauce, and meatballs so not a lot of work tonight. Technically, it's not spaghetti because the pasta is flat and I cut it wide so it's more like linguini and meatballs.