Notices

Class of August 2021 Support Thread Part 7

Old 06-07-2022, 06:51 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Congrats on the 300 day mark, Viking! Good job! Really awesome!

CP - I threw in the towel not long after the Target dog type scenarios and never peeked again. I finally decided that I had to learn how to be happy being alone the rest of my life if that is what all that crazy stuff meant. I relinquished the thought of *having to have someone* and it wasn't long after that Mr. LHW came into my life. Sometimes I wonder if I tried too hard and considered myself a failure because all I was able to attract was the Target dog types and when I accepted I was happy with who I was no matter what, it all came together.

I'll be out of pocket the next couple days starting tomorrow playing in that ladies golf tournament. Two long days as the days festivities includes dinner afterward. Gonna be interesting for sure. I'm done practicing...didn't make much difference in my overall game and I am getting myself too worked up over the whole thing. Too much pressure on me and it's still a day away. I think it will be the last tournament event I play in. Best just to play for the enjoyment of the game, being outside, good exercise, etc.

Everyone have a great day!

LHW
Old 06-07-2022, 07:15 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Best of luck to you LHW. Just grip it and rip it, as they say. And I should have asked you how the plumbing fiasco turned out. Hopefully resolved, and not too costly?
Old 06-07-2022, 08:08 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Lisa, congrats on 299!

it is your LAST two hundred ninety nine! Woot woot!

I woke up having had a drinking dream. The outcome wasn’t good. Drunk driving, wine all over clothes and kids stuffed animals, whispers and sideways glances at me, the poor useless drunk.

Thankgoodness it was a DREAM, but I bet the outcomes would be nearly as disastrous, lost memory of the evening, shameful behaviors discovered in the morning, the inability to look in the mirror.

Yep, HELL NO, it does feel different this time…..

Gotta fly, I’ll post more tonight,

Big hugs,

Lynn

Old 06-07-2022, 09:45 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Quick break for lunch. I came outside to get some sun and eat my lunch and checked into find all you beautiful people had been here. It’s like lunching with friends! Wonderful.

More later- have a great afternoon. LHW- have a Good time in the tourney!
Old 06-07-2022, 10:05 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

What do you mean "like lunching with friends."
Old 06-07-2022, 06:43 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Point taken, Venus!
Old 06-08-2022, 05:37 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Congrats on 300 days of freedom Lisa! I brought in the whole dance troupe to celebrate the occasion.
Old 06-08-2022, 07:24 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

I think the smilie on the right could use some dance lessons, just saying.

Old 06-08-2022, 03:20 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Day 300! AND.... Today I was named Employee Of The Month for the entire northeast region!!

While I find the employee of the month thing absolutely hysterical, I am pretty proud of the 300 days.

Now, back to not counting and getting on with it. Hope all are well- I'm taking the dog out for a stroll.
Old 06-08-2022, 03:22 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Woot woot!

So honored to be in the presence of such an honorable sober classmate

BIG HUGS
Old 06-08-2022, 03:31 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations VGF!

D
Old 06-09-2022, 07:20 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Well, still feeling like crud, Covid negative, still pushing through all the chores and activities.
Not really doing Pilates, it’s so hard to do when I’m not up to snuff.

Its been six months since I let go my sister and brother. Feels weird, sad and good at the same time.

I keep,reaching out to my son once in a while, but it’s like relapsing, it makes me feel worse when the result is the same. I think the silent treatment without explanation and without an opportunity to communicate is the ultimate in horrible torture. It’s killing me.

Grateful I’m retired, don’t have a pet, and will see four of my five children this next week.
Grateful for coffee, grateful our house has ba an started, grateful we may have found one insurance company to cover builders risk insurance, but it is at an INSANE cost.
Grateful for all the admins, lurkers, and most of all, my classmates here.

Good day, all
Old 06-09-2022, 08:30 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Ahhh Lynn, I'm sorry that you are feeling off this morning. Please allow yourself some rest to reset your body and mind. Regarding your family, I hope you can come to peace that you have made the decisions that had to be made and that things will work out. The rest is out of your control.

The fact that you are here posting, and continuing to express gratitude, shows how strong and resilient you are. I respect you so much. Hugs
Old 06-09-2022, 08:34 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Lisa, congrats on the work recognition. I hope that you received some type of nice compensation.
Old 06-09-2022, 09:24 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Congrats from me too dear Lisa
Old 06-09-2022, 06:42 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Hang on to the gratitude, Lynn, it gets us through the less than stellar times. I hope you enjoy the time with your kids.
Old 06-09-2022, 07:27 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry about the family stuff Free, but I agree its important to focuis on the good things we have.

D
Old 06-10-2022, 12:49 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Hi class!!

LHW- unmatchable?! That’s so ridiculous that they even have that but then how they handle it if someone does get that is even more ridiculous. I’d love to see that organization’s operations methods and dive into their data. Just madness!

Viking- congratulations on 300 days and getting employee of the month!!

CP- I’d love to hear your dating stories!!

Free- sorry to hear about the family. I’m glad you are looking for the things to be grateful for. That’s such a wise tool I need to practice more. I’m going through something similar where I’ve cut off my brother who was also my abuser. I was constantly triggered and quitting alcohol I didn’t have anything to numb it I actually had to do something about it. Over the years of my family and myself acting like the horrible abuse didn’t happen, he got married and has a 1 year old child whom I formed relationships with. Now that I’ve put up boundaries it means I won’t have relationships with his wife or my nephew. I refer to it as grieving people who are alive. It’s hard, it’s sad, but it’s necessary. Some days are harder than others. Sending you lots of positive thoughts ❤️❤️
Old 06-10-2022, 05:56 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Quick update! My team came in 1st place on day one and 2nd place on day two. Won a few nice prizes. More later……🤗
Old 06-10-2022, 06:05 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

That’s fantastic LHW not only for your ladies group but for your own self-confidence. I golfed a 106 the other day and that’s the best for me on my third year here golfing.