Notices

Class of August 2021 Support Thread Part 7

Old 05-28-2022, 06:56 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Hey hey all! This week has been a rollercoaster of emotions - filled with really good moments and bad. The IVF treatment went well we have 5 normal embryos to work with! I did find out I am slightly positive for endometriosis. That threw me through a loop because I was not expecting it. Turns out the doctor doesn’t think we should change the treatment plan so we have a transfer coming up end of next month. I got an opportunity at work that I got my hopes up would be a promotion. Turns out they’re thinking a promotion by year end. I was pretty upset about that but at least I know it’s in the near future.

Anyways today we’re heading to Philly to check out the Barnes foundation and have a nice lunch after. Should be a good day. We’re trying to get our dog used to being home alone since we’ll both probably have to venture into the office at some point in the future. So we’re leaving him home for about 7 hours. Hopefully he’s ok. He’s almost 2 so I think he should be fine.

Have a great day all!! 😃
Old 05-28-2022, 04:58 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Glad to hear from you, Bodhi, and congrats on the anticipated job promotion! I think it all works out for a reason, and with you anticipating pregnancy during the next 9 months! The transfer of embryos will go great!

Not familiar with Barnes Foundation. What is that?

Did day 2 challenge Pilates first thing. 😜🦵🏼💪🏼

1% cottage cheese with strawberries and blueberries, then a fried chicken breast for lunch. Planning on having my yogurt smoothie for dinner. Almost 18 holes of golf, rode in cart to play.

Keep on keeping on……..
Old 05-29-2022, 03:22 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Ok, so FIFTY more Bavarian pretzels for dessert last night. Not so good.
Old 05-29-2022, 05:23 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Okay. Day 3 Pilates challenge done, 3.6 mile fast walk with husband. One piece of chocolate……lamb, broccoli and lime cilantro rice for dinner.

120.2#
Old 05-30-2022, 07:25 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

You guys are going to make me smarter. I had to Google 'endometriosis', 'Barnes foundation', and 'Bavarian pretzels' this morning.

Sorry about the mixed emotions on the promotion Bodhi. Seems like they could have handled it better, rather than getting your hopes up, only to defer to year end. But that will be here before you know it. I hope you enjoyed your visit to the art gallery and that your dog didn't have any surprises for you when you returned.

Free, your diet and exercise regimen is admirable. Setting goals and achieving them. Something that I'm not an expert at, I'm afraid.

Happy Monday everyone! I would only say that on a holiday Monday, of course. Hope you all are doing well.
Old 05-30-2022, 02:26 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

SUper DUPER crabby this morning, doing better now. Another brisk walk with hubby, this time tracker said 3.7 miles for same walk !?!?

Anyway, good talk with older daughter today, video chat with stepson first thing, coffee was good.

It was snow pellets with sunshine with real feel temp 27F 😡🥶, but we did it.

More stretching and Pilates challenge day 4 coming up, then cutting hubby hair.

Hugs
Old 05-30-2022, 02:27 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

118.8#
Old 05-31-2022, 07:57 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

I hope that you are feeling more like yourself today Lynn. Great work on the exercise. By the way, what is the elevation in your neck of the woods?

Kind of a blah morning here. Dealt with some neck pain last night, which affected my quality of sleep. Appears that rain is going to hang around all day. Whine, whine, whine. I do need to devise a plan to be somewhat productive today though. A perfect day to make a manageable list of things to do, and then do them. Will help to combat the blahs.

Onward and upwards y'all.
Old 05-31-2022, 09:17 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Glad your neck better, CP….

We currently live at 8200’, building at 9100’.

1/2 Pilates video, 18 holes golf in cart, walk in hilly golf course for fun with new friends, great food, and nooooo booze.

it’s natural now. I am AF
Old 06-01-2022, 05:42 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

8200'! Wow. And you are taking long hikes at that elevation? Your cardio and lung capacity must be outstanding. Good for you!

Knocked out my 'to do' list yesterday. Going to create another one today. Positive actions. Moving forward. Feeling good.

Wishing everyone a good day. I hope you can find a moment to take a deep breath and pat yourself on the back for all of the progress that you have made over the last nine months.
Old 06-01-2022, 05:49 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

The days are just……..packed!

Wouldn’t happen if the day started after a night of heavy drinking…….

I control my legs, arms,hands, feet and mouth. I do.

Im beginning to feel the weight of the effort of remaining sober lifting. That is, not so much of an effort, not thinking about it so much anymore.

Love to all
Old 06-01-2022, 02:35 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Hi all, just popping in here. It seems like yesterday I said to Free that I'd write back "tomorrow" about the adult children when I had my laptop, but see it's been over a week. I suppose it's good to be busy?

Free - I hope by now the adult children issues have resolved themselves or at least quieted down. I could go on and on about my adult children issues, so will try to write a little about that each day if you are interested. Anyway, you have inspired me and Mr. LHW with your daily excercise and food regimen so we started a scaled down version of the "75-Day Hard Challenge". I had never heard of the "75-Day Hard Challenger" till I heard of a few friends doing it. Have you all heard of it? At least 2 workouts/exercise a day of 45 minutes each, one of which must be outside. Find a diet and stick to it (we are going sugar free). Of course, no alcohol. Read 10 pages of a personal development book every day. There is more, but I can't recall right now. LOL. Oh yeah, the worst one...take a photo of yourself every day to document your progress. If you Google "75-Day Hard Challenge" you will see all the rules.

Anyway, today is the Day 1 of the "LHW 30-Day Hard Challenge". I'll try to post regular updates as to how we are doing, especially with the 2 workouts a day. We both cringed at our Day 1 photos, there is definitely only one way to go and that is up.

CP - I hope your neck pain has gotten better. Nothing worse than that. Or maybe back pain. I hear ya on knocking out a "to do list" and staying productive. Glad you have spent time with the grands, too!

Bodhi - Glad your IVF treatments are going well. How was the Barndes Foundation visit? We have been meaning to take a trip up there to see it as we always like going to lunch in Philly but won't drive all the way up there just for lunch. I just found a $200 gift card in a drawer good at any of Stephen Starr's restaurants so we do need to plan something. I hope the dog was okay while you were gone. I am sure it is hard on all the pets with their owners going back to work.

Hi Viking, Venus, Dee! Hope you are all well.

LHW

Old 06-02-2022, 06:03 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Morning all, the Barnes Foundation was a really nice experience. It’s a museum filled with impressionist paintings like Van Gogh, Renior, Monet. Really wonderful collection. The collector, Dr. Barnes, is an interesting person by itself. We actually watched a documentary about the foundation called the Art of the Steal before we went and it was all about how he collected the art how much it’s worth and how his will wasn’t honored. Really interesting to know the back story. It just goes to show that there’s more than meets the eye.

A lot of trauma memories came up for me this morning and has me in an emotional state. I feel like I want to cry but I just don’t cry that often. Gotta get through this workday though so just even writing about it here helps.
Old 06-02-2022, 06:51 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Oh, Bodhi, BIG HUGS from the Rockies…….❤️🤓

Its those dark hormones, but I say LET IT OUT……Feel the feelings so they aren’t stuck in your head, the release will feel better. Sneak off to ladies room, cry, cool off face, and return to work, Did it many times.

or

List five things you are grateful for……RIGHT NOW

Sunshine
a job with a paycheck
Health
…….

two more?
Old 06-02-2022, 06:55 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Beginning week 2 of my challenge. One month today flying to Alaska. Hubby bought me two dresses and a nice one piece….(I’m old, two pieces not so good anymore)

Scale is garbage, so I threw it where it belonged.

Comparison pics in mirror show some slight improvement in tone.

Today, 18 holes golf, then telling hubby I’m going to chainsaw up on lot, Pilates while hubby is at dentist this morning.

Love to all

Old 06-02-2022, 07:00 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

LHW, I was just tired thinking about it. Can you do baby steps, like one 45 minute session and 10 pages a day, and just eliminate unhealthy snack week one?

For me, I’d be overwhelmed with too much change, but you seem very strong. Will love to hear your progress.

Funny how when we WANT to do something, it changes the energy level we have.

Sublimely Sober,

Lynn

Old 06-02-2022, 07:06 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

HI Bodhi, I'm sorry that you are feeling those emotions this morning and sending hugs your way. I'm glad that you had a nice experience at the museum.

LHW, that is quite an exercise/diet regimen! Glad you have a partner to navigate it with you. My necks much better, thank you. No idea what I even did to aggravate it.

Beautiful day here in Kansas City. Trimming the hedges, mowing the back yard, and getting a walk in are all on the agenda. My reward tonight is sitting on my back side and watching the first game of the NBA (pro basketball) championships. Might even get really crazy and order some takeout.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 06-02-2022, 07:09 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

We posted at the same time Lynn! Love the pic, and careful with that chainsaw! Interested to hear if things are going to work out with your insurance.
Old 06-02-2022, 02:25 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Free2bme888 View Post
Scale is garbage, so I threw it where it belonged.
I am very happy to hear this love; I was getting worried. s ❤️
Old 06-02-2022, 04:22 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

So far, no one wants to insure the house 😟