Notices

Class of August 2021 Support Thread Part 7

Old 07-20-2022, 09:51 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Deal!
Old 07-20-2022, 10:58 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Free, sorry to hear of your daughters struggles! I’m sending lots of positive vibes to you both ❤️

I hope everyone is doing what they can to be cool it’s hot hot hot out! Today I had a big presentation at work and I think I nailed it! I got a lot of positive feedback. I used to be petrified of public speaking like shaking hands and flushing face/chest. Alcohol definitely didn’t help that one bit but I’m really seeing how far I’ve come and damn it feels good!

Things are going well so far with the pregnancy. The only thing is I’m hyper aware of every little twitch, cramp, and twinge in my body because of all the losses. I have a therapist appointment later today so I will talk about this but I’m thinking I might try a support group if this anxiety and worry keeps up. It’s just not good for any of this.

catch you all later!
Old 07-20-2022, 12:58 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

I think a support group is a good idea fullstop love.
And sending you positive vibes and loads of love. ❤️
Old 07-20-2022, 04:11 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

It's so good to hear about your success at work, Bodhi. I'm sending along plenty of love and support to conquer the anxiety. I've never been pregnant, but I can imagine it must be a rollercoaster of emotions- what a great idea to have your therapist to lend a hand. Excellent!
Old 07-21-2022, 06:27 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

So happy to hear from you Bodhi. I remember how unsure you were when you shifted into that new role at work. Of course, you were the only one here that didn't think you were going to knock it out of the park. Congratulations on nailing that presentation.

My daughter (the insane one with the three kids under 4 years of age) relied on parent support groups throughout her pregnancy and especially now as a stay at home mom trying to maintain sanity. She's always been an anxious kid and she gets a lot of reassurance and support from other moms that have been through it. I'm not sure if that was the type of support group you were alluding to, but I just thought I'd throw it out there.
Old 07-22-2022, 05:28 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Hey guys, Happy Friday! Just finished my Zoom meeting. The topic was 'Lies that kept me drinking'. Well, I faced my fear of public speaking and actually threw myself out there.

I shared the lie that I have always fallen back on when I have relapsed in the past. That I was born into alcoholism and that maybe I just didn't know any other way to live. The lie that my marriage or my job was the source of my unhappiness. That being alone and having a six-pack a night was as good as it's going to get for me. The lie that, at my core, I'm defective and just not good enough. The lie that I'm not allowed to make mistakes and that everyone else's feelings are more important than mine. The lies that I had to run from or numb out, rather than facing head on.

It felt so good to say that stuff out loud, though I'm still working on not getting emotional when I hear those words roll off my tongue. So much easier to type them out.

I hope that everyone is doing well tonight and that you have fun plans for the weekend. Thanks for being my home base.
Old 07-22-2022, 05:30 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Seriously James that is incredible. Well done, you! It takes a lot of courage to share all of that. And I know how it feels: cathartic. s
Old 07-22-2022, 05:38 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Dang, son- that's impressive. You're my hero of the day, James. Nice work and I'm pretty proud of you right now. I don't think I could have managed that- and I bet it was pretty far out of your comfort zone. Now, on to the next! Getting those thoughts out frees us up for new experiences and lets us have more authentic relationships because it releases preconceived notions and untruths- why is it so hard for us to be accurate judges of ourselves? I hope you got some good support from the zoomers- you know you have ours, here!

And congrats on day 36, is it? Awesome.
Old 07-22-2022, 05:47 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  
Administrator

great stuff CP
Happy sober weekend to you and everybody here!

D
Old 07-22-2022, 06:00 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Hi all.

Congrats CP! Way to go!

Hope my comments below don’t violate the forum rules. If they do, feel free to delete.

Still down with Covid. Been 3 weeks today. 😞

Was feeling better last week then BAM… back down again. Bad headache. I lost my voice, lost my sense of smell. Feeling of pressure in the brain. Just feeling bad all the way around.

Mr. LHW tested Negative on a PCR test this morning. I am still Positive. Doc said if this continues another week I could be considered as entering “long Covid”. I hope not. 😰
Old 07-22-2022, 09:09 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Yuck, LHW. Sorry to hear that. Feeling guilty that hubby has played golf twice, and tried to hike today. Maybe we should check him again? Idk. His cough is like a death rattle, no fever, no sore throat, and has smell but was + on ship. 🤨🧐

James, wow! Just wow. What Lisa said exactly. And you ARE rockin it, 🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩

Sweet dreams all.
Old 07-23-2022, 04:04 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

LHW, so sorry to hear Covid is lingering. That cannot be easy to deal with. Sending positive thoughts your way ❤️❤️

CP, way to go!! Sharing was very difficult for me too and releasing those emotions is such a relief. You’re a very strong person carrying all of that around!
Old 07-23-2022, 05:51 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Thanks you guys!

LHW, I'm so sorry to hear that you are still dealing with COVID. It seems like we're all still learning about it. Wishing you as speedy a recovery as possible.

House guests today and tonight. Frantically cleaning up and sweeping things under rugs! Talk to you guys later!
Old 07-23-2022, 10:10 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Have a great weekend, all!

Hitting the pillow sober.

F R E E D O M. 🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔕🔔🔔🔕🔕🔕🔕
Old 07-23-2022, 11:48 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  
Administrator

New thread here:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-part-8-a.html (Class of August 2021 Support Thread Part 8)

D