Notices

Class of August 2021 Support Thread Part 6

Old 02-12-2022, 01:31 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

I get that. I know Scorpios very, very well.

However....feel free to smack me (see what I did there ) but I do not think our free's situation is about holding a grudge.
I think it is about her stepdaughter being accountable to her (the stepdaughter's) dad. She is being disrespectful. That is not cool.
I was more all about an apology: sorry to waste your money and mess up your plans dad.
Old 02-13-2022, 03:25 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Hi all,

I’m checking in here rounding out my weekend. It was a really nice weekend. Spent some time with friends who were back home. We met them at a bar and there was drinks a plenty. I was pretty amazed how I felt zero temptation and how I’ve come so far. I also went to a sound bath which was rescheduled from last month and it was really wonderful. I feel more at peace with myself. Yesterday was my Moms birthday so my husband and I took my parents to a British tea room. She really enjoyed it. I have a tough conversation I need to have with them about their part in making the abuse I went through as a child worse. I feel so hypocritical taking them to a fancy tea while underneath the surface I feel like why should I care so much about people who cared so little when they clearly saw I was being tormented. My sister stopped talking to my family almost a year and a half ago and I completely understand why. My parents claim to want to do whatever I need to heal but I worry even if they do everything I ask will that make up for the damage that’s been done over the past 20 years?
Old 02-13-2022, 03:36 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't know if it will Bodhi.
What I do know is when I let go of all the stuff I was holding onto everything got easier.

I don't have to forgive them or trust them but once I let go of the negativity that was weighing me down I was free to interact with them to what ever level I felt comfortable at.

I worry about them and their increasing age, I check in on them, I even love them - but I won't let them in to the deepest private parts of my life again. It would be silly to do so based on history, and they have NO idea - as long as the surface niceties are observed they are happy,
Old 02-13-2022, 09:17 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Ahhhh, yes.

Letting go is NOT synonymous with condoning what happened. It frees US, not them!
Old 02-13-2022, 09:18 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Thanks Suze, yes, it’s about taking accountability. Arrrrrgh !!!
Old 02-14-2022, 08:18 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee and Free your words are greatly appreciated. I do deserve to let go of the negativity, but first I want to express it to at least let them know the damage they cause and hopefully they accept that and take responsibility for once. At the end of the day holding onto the negativities is only hurting me. It is a shame that my parents don’t do what’s right for me, but luckily I have myself and my own back so I’ll do what is right for me. Boundaries are seriously so important.

Happy Valentine’s Day all!! ❤️❤️❤️
Old 02-14-2022, 09:22 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Old 02-14-2022, 12:55 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Here is a a self love exercise.

Sit or stand
Take your right hand, and place it under your left armpit, with your palm against the side of your body, and you can feel your heartbeat. Leave that hand there, and…..
Take your left hand, and place in around your right arm, under your deltoid above your triceps, giving yourself a hug.

It feels DARN GOOD, eh?

Many times, the love we need comes from ourselves to ourselves.❤️🤓❤️🤓
Old 02-15-2022, 10:10 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

6 months today

6 months today. Woke up after 10 hours of rock-solid sleep, one cat one top of me, another next to me, brilliant sunshine through the blinds. I savored it.

It was, in short, the antithesis of the way things were. I'll skip the details--we're all familiar in one way or another. And these days I try to keep everything in the present and everything positive.

Today I have a choice and my choice is not drinking. Not because of all the negative associations in the past, or potential implications for the future...but because I feel tremendous well-being that is priceless. The ability to adjust, the ability to make decisions without fear, the ability to set goals and work toward them, people I haven't seen in a while doing a double take and saying "Wow. You look great!"

And can you imagine the irony: I have jury duty this week. A DWI! I have to get up at dawn (which is the middle of the night for me) to get there when the courthouse opens. That could be me in there on the other side of it, or having a couple of eye-openers just to get dressed (or both).

It is also a tremendous weight lifted that my entire life no longer revolves around repeating ad infinitum I'm an alcoholic and anything that goes wrong, and anyone's behavior, is my fault "because my character defects."

It's good to be here and share all that is good. best, SS
Old 02-15-2022, 10:17 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Congrats again dearest SS (I fixed the post in the 24 ). s xx ❤️❤️
Old 02-15-2022, 10:18 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

And sensational post!!!! ❤️
Old 02-15-2022, 12:02 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 6 months SS

D
Old 02-15-2022, 02:35 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Yay SS🎉🪅🎏🎊🪄🎁🤓❤️

Six months is AWESOME!

What a wonderfully honest, inspiring post! And what a gift of jury duty (mine is in a couple weeks in front of a murder trial judge🤯. I’ve enjoyed my duties every time. And one of mine was a DWI also, the poor woman was crying and sobbing during the process. Most of it she didn’t remember. I hope she is doing better now, and hasn’t harmed anyone……….and how odd it felt to be the juror in that case, knowing I’d driven buzzed before. How could I be a someone who helps convict? Well, because of the safety of our community and sober drivers like myself and all passengers.

Wishing you wisdom and gratitude, SS as you fulfill your duty of upholding the law.

Old 02-15-2022, 04:48 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I get that. I know Scorpios very, very well.

However....feel free to smack me (see what I did there ) but I do not think our free's situation is about holding a grudge.
I think it is about her stepdaughter being accountable to her (the stepdaughter's) dad. She is being disrespectful. That is not cool.
I was more all about an apology: sorry to waste your money and mess up your plans dad.
I fully agree- I am not putting my nasty grudge-holding behavior on Free.
Old 02-15-2022, 05:02 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Congrats on 6 months, SS! Great post, as per usual. Jury duty is going to be a crazy experience, one that will bring even more gratitude, I would think.

Bodhi, I hope you find the peace you are looking for from communicating with your parents, I couldn't help but nod my head in agreement with Dee's post. Have no expectations and you won't be disappointed. It's not as pessimistic as it sounds, sometimes it's just what we learn.

Free- I need a good hug! I have this one friend who I swear is the best hugger- I guess I will just have to do until I see him again.

LHW- I hope you are doing well and staying clear of the plethora of house guests!

Doing well here, coasting past 6 months this week with SS, it seems to have brought a sense of calm and accomplishment. I hope it lasts, I want to keep learning and remain grateful, humble and of service to others (I need to work harder on that part) and just keep living in the NOW. It is so much easier than worrying about every shadow around the corner and second-guessing myself constantly. Sober seriously just feels good. I have been starting some strength training (simple stuff) and have committed to teaching my dog one new thing a week. She likes it!

Wishing everyone a night of good sleep and a happy tomorrow. Peace, my friends.
Old 02-15-2022, 06:51 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Congrats SS!!! Great job!

Mr. LHW and I had an interesting afternoon. We went to a “100% No Alcohol “ bar for Happy Hour! It was packed! And they had 2 for 1 specials and everything! It was a really pleasant experience and my drink was delicious. It was some kind of tea (cold) flavored with cinnamon, agave and nondairy creamer.

We were definitely the oldest people there but we will go again. The crowd was mainly in the 30-40 age range. Good to see so many people enjoying themselves without alcohol in the entire place.

LHW
Old 02-15-2022, 09:52 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Very cool! 🤓❤️
Old 02-16-2022, 04:32 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Terrible night, freaking out

Ok really terrible night. New renters came in ar 10:15 pm, and at 11:15 I started crying, the thumping so loud I thought the artwork in our room would smash me.

came to the couch, I had a good cry as I haven’t allowed myself to do that. Just took my headphones off at 0455, AND GUESS WHAT!?!?

Yes! The m ‘ effers are starting to thump around!🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩 😩😩😩😩😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥

Im sooooooooo tired. And anxious. It sucks to be me today. Having a pity party and it feels GREAT!

I feel like I’m losing it, folks.

Old 02-16-2022, 04:49 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Awwwww, Free. I feel for you. I would expect you to be stressed out today given a surgery ahead of you but not sleeping just sucks. I hope the tenants get squared away and things settle down. Good luck today. Take some deep breaths.
Old 02-16-2022, 05:15 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Thanks! I wish I could punch a pillow, but my arm is still quite sore 🤣😂😅