Old 02-13-2022, 03:25 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  
Bodhi02

Hi all,

I’m checking in here rounding out my weekend. It was a really nice weekend. Spent some time with friends who were back home. We met them at a bar and there was drinks a plenty. I was pretty amazed how I felt zero temptation and how I’ve come so far. I also went to a sound bath which was rescheduled from last month and it was really wonderful. I feel more at peace with myself. Yesterday was my Moms birthday so my husband and I took my parents to a British tea room. She really enjoyed it. I have a tough conversation I need to have with them about their part in making the abuse I went through as a child worse. I feel so hypocritical taking them to a fancy tea while underneath the surface I feel like why should I care so much about people who cared so little when they clearly saw I was being tormented. My sister stopped talking to my family almost a year and a half ago and I completely understand why. My parents claim to want to do whatever I need to heal but I worry even if they do everything I ask will that make up for the damage that’s been done over the past 20 years?