Notices

Class of May 2021 Support thread Part 3

Old 06-16-2021, 09:59 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

OneThing, wow! I would be massively triggered if my partner said that. Hang in there! He'll get it eventually. It's hard enough dealing with friends who say that kind of stuff.

Also, I am not exercising, I just want to and I feel like my body will be able to soon. I want to swim, and I want to do yoga. I just feel my body repairing itself mostly.

Good luck with the dress!
Old 06-16-2021, 10:57 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Hi ladies

You did tell us about the craft brewery wedding dear One Thing and yes, seems to be the rage to have a formal wedding at a winery or brewery. Whatever rocks your boat. But.....the dresses sound ridiculous. They said you could wear plum and if they want you to wear a $2000 dress they can pay for it. Yes?

I get your husband.....drink too much, stop, and then you are fine to have one when you want. Sure, but that is not us. And he might not understand that. s

Plenny ~ I always feel like you are doing way better than you see yourself doing.
You are wonderful girl!!! And how goes your art?
What are you painting these days.....or recently? ❤️
Old 06-16-2021, 12:54 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

No appointment today but doctor called me at 2:30. Severe storms here. And no I can’t move out of this area while my mom’s now in long term rehab. Power’s out so I better get off the phone
Old 06-16-2021, 01:11 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Hi all. Sitting at the car dealership while getting routine service. Well, it was routine, but there’s some repair needed to something called bushings. So, good time to read here and catch up.

Plenny, I think you’re doing great, too. You’ve made so many healthy changes. 💕

Onething, I’m getting confused about the dresses. Plum, mauve, taupe, champagne? Which are they telling you to wear now? Hope the new meds help.

I’ve been researching about the medication the dr mentioned to me. I’m overwhelmed. There’s too much conflicting stuff out there. The anxiety will kill me before the cholesterol will!

V, you’ll be pleased to hear that I did some preliminary car shopping while here at the car dealership for my service. Hubs knows exactly what he wants, which is the same car our daughter is using. So, I talked with a sales guy about what’s available, and he printed it out to bring to hubs.
Old 06-16-2021, 01:14 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Kitten, will your mother be coming back home? Are you allowed to see her at rehab? It’s difficult caring for our elders. I did it for my father and then his sister. 💕
Old 06-16-2021, 01:17 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Sounds great phoebe love, but bushings huh.....now what would they be? s ❤️

Edit.....got it re the bushings. That should have been fairly inexpensive. xx
Old 06-16-2021, 01:42 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

The cost is within the range I could find on Google. They’re good at this one, not seeming to farm for problems.
Old 06-16-2021, 01:42 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  
Administrator

The location of the wedding changes my feelings about it massively OT, but I’m not going to tell you not to go now...but...

If I was going to a wedding at a brewery I’d want a stay sober plan for the night OneThing..and an escape plan just in case. Especially if your husband is drinking and may not want to leave when you do.

D
Old 06-16-2021, 01:45 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  
Administrator

Willow my doc put me on statins for chlosterol - didn’t lecture me or anything.
I think it’s worth considering seeing your Doc.

Glad your car is shipshape Phoebe...stay safe Kittencat...hey Free, Caramel, Suze...hope you are all well.

Plenny in all honesty I felt that life was too intense for me too...but I got used to dealing with it sober and I wouldn’t have it any other way now. Stick with it.

D
Old 06-16-2021, 03:59 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Hello all,

I am a little past wine:30 but thought I should check in any how.

I didn't take my meds this morning, so I could pick up my meds this afternoon, ate, took my meds and passed out from pain and meds. It was an afternoon, but a 2.5 hour nap did me good. I will still sleep well tonight, I am sure.

Plenny, I sure understand about the OCD!!!! I have been limited at what I can do lately and so many times before this and it drives me nuts. husband and daughter do not care. Things stay were ever they put them down, especially dishes. I find glasses all over the house and dishes left on the counter with the dishwasher right there, it is a sore spot with me. Gee, you know 3 adults should be able to take care of their stuff. I understand about the calendar too. I tried my best to use my phone and it was not comfortable to me. My social life seems to be medical visits so I had to go back to a pocket book calendar. My daughter just shakes her head at me for being technologically behind, but I do what works.

Venus, I don't think my husband understands or really wants to understand. I don't think he wants to think of me as an alcoholic. I also thinks he wants to feel less guilty about his drinking if I drink with him. He is a gentleman and no means no, but then again he is a man child and will try to talk me into relaxing scenarios to see if I will give in. 🤦‍♀️

Venus and Phoebe, this dress thing is confusing and I am so glad they have not included me in any of the other planning! She said anything from mauve to plum to begin with and plum is what I picked and that is what I am staying with. Champagne and taupe, which sure looked like brown to me, is not in that color pallet. She is a very spoiled person, as you can guess, and she is not going to tell me were to shop and what style to wear. I am going to wear something age appropriate and nice. Though I wish I was 30, I am not, late 50's is not the new late 40's, and those women are well past retirement age. Good for them if they can pull it off. I can't and I will not try.

Dee, you are definitely right, I will have to have a plan and car keys. I am pretty sure they will have to have some NA drinks, that is only appropriate, if not I will have some cans of ginger ale in the car and they can think that I am sneaking to the car for shots for all I care. We will fly in and rent a car so I will definitely be DD. I am sure they will have a champagne toast also. I only need to raise my glass and leave it at that.

Kittencat, I am sorry the storms are so bad where you are, that is bothersome. It is good that you video chat with your doc. There are some good things that the pandemic brought that have made life easier. I am sorry about your mom. I know that has to be a source of stress to have to worry about her. I hope all goes well .

Have a good sober, evening classmates 😊. I could not do this without you all! Seriously, I tried and failed so badly many times. You are all a blessing, like you wouldn't believe!

OneThing

Old 06-16-2021, 04:22 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Hi class, doing well here, not to say the waves of urges don’t come, they do.

Glad all are doing well, or are on the mend, or are contemplating self love and care....❤️❤️❤️

I got another x ray of my foot Sunday morning (four days ago). X- ray still shows no break. Some of you might remember I hurt my foot before my prehoneymoon trip out west three and a half weeks ago.

So, Golfed 18 that day, golfed 12 the next, then hiked 10 miles and 2800 vertical yesterday. It hurt SO BADLY 🥵🤬 I’m a dork!

day of..... went golfing because, you know, it wasn’t ‘fractured’

Two days post injury, Dr/Mr Free says, ‘wow, it must be broken, but maybe not’. Continued to golf, hike, etc and take Tylenol and Aleve For pain besides taping my toes and foot daily.

5 days post injury. Purple, but swelling’s down. Must be good, right!?!?

Now foot is in an Ortho shoe, and I’m going to stay off it.

Getting married in under three weeks, don’t want to be Frankenbride 🤪
Old 06-16-2021, 04:29 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Ok, enough with downer pics.

Here are the prizes from yesterday’s epic hike

There were nine crossings, seven log, two rock, and an extra three mud crossings.

Most of the hike was in the shade, lovely forest. Lots of elk and bear signs.

And, finally, the alpine lake at the top, the view as the prize......

will put this hike on the rotation😍
Old 06-16-2021, 05:17 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by phoebe64 View Post
Kitten, will your mother be coming back home? Are you allowed to see her at rehab? It’s difficult caring for our elders. I did it for my father and then his sister. 💕
We hope she’ll be able to come home but she can’t even stand up on her yet. Unfortunately I’ve not been able to see her yet. Covid-19. Oh Phoebe, it is so difficult but that’s why I moved down here.. to help her.

I’m having a hard time typing today, anxiety has frozen me. I’ll explain why tomorrow x
Old 06-16-2021, 05:18 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

(((kitten))) ❤️
Old 06-16-2021, 06:39 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Kitten. Hope you’re ok.
Old 06-16-2021, 06:40 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Free, OUCH! Give that poor foot a break! 😘

Gorgeous pictures!
Old 06-16-2021, 08:26 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

((((Kitten) hugs to you ❤️

OuchFree! Go easy on that foot!
Old 06-17-2021, 07:04 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Good Morning All !

Kittencat, I am so hoping that you are feeling better soon. Anxiety disorder is no joke and just an awful experience to go through. You are in my thoughts.

Free, I had no idea you were getting married, congratulations! I love the pics of your hike and that looked like a wonderful pre-honeymoon trip. I have been so wrapped up in myself that I miss things that are going on with others. I envy you playing golf. I miss it so much and have been told I will not ever be able to play again. I wasn't great, got plenty of snowmen on lots of holes, but I did enjoy it so much.

Free, you have to take care of that foot now so you can look gorgeous on your special day. I be you have picked a beautiful gown. I am sure your wedding is less drama filled then my son's. He actually called me yesterday and she was yelling at him in the back ground. I felt like saying "This is your life now, huh?" I give them 3 years tops.

As for me, I do talk about myself so much, I am about the same. New meds are not making much of a difference but I noticed that swelling is finally down a bit. That is progress.

I signed in for another 24 hours on another thread. Commitment like that scares me for some reason. I much rather share that I made it to 21 days yesterday and I will do my best for today. I think I will avoid doing that for a bit.

Husband is due home this afternoon, yay! Tomorrow he has some tests on his kidneys and that will take a bit. Poor guy keeps passing kidney stones. The first last year was huge, 8mm and had to be blasted. He has done nothing but pass small stones in the last 6 months. These have not caused much pain like the first one did and he passes them pretty easily. We are something in this house. Old age stinks.

Have a great, sober day everyone! Free, you take care of yourself. I can't wait to hear about your wedding!

OneThing
Old 06-17-2021, 07:20 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Thank you friends! ❤️

Anxiety is horrid. Certain situations bring it on so I need meds to control. Not permanently, doctors taper me off when no longer needed, thankfully 😊

I am still quite anxious today but I know it takes time new meds to reach a steady state in my body.

It seems like we’re all falling apart health wise after becoming sober.. what is up with that? 🤷🏼‍♀️
Old 06-17-2021, 07:21 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Gorgeous pics as always Free! x