Notices

Class of May 2021 Support thread Part 3

Old 06-13-2021, 12:30 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi One Thing
have faith that things like Lyrica will work - not always as soon as we like, but they will work.

I'm on meds for my nerve pain and a bunch of other things besides.
I take them as prescribed and as directed and I've never deviated from that

I thought I could never go another hour with my nerve pain, but I did, and it got under control eventually. It will happen

IMO, my recovery is unaffected, and yours can be too.

I'm on a rolling dosage from 1-3 tablets of Endep. if you have that kind of deal too with the Lyrica, great.

If not, taking two may not be making them twice as effective...

I know it's a terrible place to be in, but try and keep your head straight.

D
Old 06-13-2021, 01:58 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by phoebe64 View Post
Good morning Kitten. You were up early! How short did you cut your hair? It was quite long wasn’t it? I remember you once had your hair on your face for your avatar, if I’m remembering correctly. I used to cut my bangs, when I had them.
I was going for a bob/lob but couldn’t see the back so I messed that up big time! I always hide under my hair, I’m sort of shy. I’ll pm you a pic ☺️
Old 06-13-2021, 02:01 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
That’s because I asked if he was grumpy because his new avatar is Oscar from Sesame Street who was always a grouch
He should change it to Cookie Monster!
Old 06-13-2021, 02:05 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Oh Plenny, broken hearts will do that. So much hurt. But time heals, which you’ve heard a million times but it really does! x
Old 06-13-2021, 02:05 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I’m glad it feels right with your sponsor Plenny, it really seems like a good fit. I hope you get a good sleep tonight and enjoy the art market tomorrow

I will be off to bed soon too.
Just cooked roast chicken and roast veggies for the family. Yum.
I visited my Mum’s memorial today and planted some flowers for her ❤️
I miss her so much, I was crying on my way home, but I just have to learn to cherish the memories and try not to be so sad so much. I know she wouldn’t want me to be sad, she said that to me before she left this earth ❤️
It’s her birthday soon, so I think that’s partly why I’m so much more emotional at the moment.

Sober for 4 weeks, and going to bed sober tonight.

I hope you’re all doing ok today x
Old 06-13-2021, 02:07 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

One Thing, so many hugs and kisses. x
Old 06-13-2021, 02:09 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

4 weeks, Willow?
Old 06-13-2021, 02:37 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I’m awake at 5AM… 4 actually. I fell asleep before 8 last night. So I had enough sleep but 4AM? I’m quietly on my phone. It’s like 95 humidity and there are walkers out on the sidewalks! I’m just on here yapping away hoping I fall back into sleeping again.
Old 06-13-2021, 02:40 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Yes Kitten! somehow I’ve made it to 4 weeks without a drink. The dreadful hangover from that disastrous music festival seems like yesterday, but it’s 4 weeks ago
Old 06-13-2021, 02:41 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I hope you get back to sleep Kitten, 4am is way early to be awake. It’s a quarter to 8pm here and I’m not far off bed myself, good night
Old 06-13-2021, 03:00 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 4 weeks Willow

D
Old 06-13-2021, 03:27 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hi Dickerson!

Phoebe, I looked on the other thread and great going on your A1C ! My husband is a diabetic and his is down between 4.5 and 6.0 , which is good for him. His diabetes was really get out of control last year, I put my foot down and he eats my diet, if he likes it or not. He lost 30lbs in a years time and feels better for it. It is hard being diabetic.

Plenny, I am glad your shift went well and you refused the shot. I am so glad that you found a sponsor who you like. I also have the original Big Book. Funny thing when I first read it, I spent the time picking out people who I knew who fit the descriptions in the book. I finally kicked myself and reminded myself that I was reading it for me. This was me and not about anyone else. Denial is a long river. I was written all over that book. Sometime I have to dig it out again. I do like my Just for Today book and have that handy. I think they have updated that too.

Right now, I am feeling a bit more coherent and holding off on taking my Lyrica. It is nasty to the mind, but is helping my body. I still have lots of pain, but somehow not so bad. I am sitting in my office/craft room/guest room so that is good. I am sitting without a ton of pain. I will be in bed for the rest of the day. I think that bed rest is also helping. I have a super firm mattress and that seems to be the most comfortable place to be.

It looks like I am going to the wedding 🙄. My son texted me and asked if he and , I don't know what to call her that isn't nasty, could FaceTime me. I said no, I was sick and in pain. He then called me and I had to go through the whole thing with him. He said we still could FaceTime and I said no, I truly looked like the devil with my hair straight up and slurring my words.

Anyhow, the father's are wearing tuxedos at the wedding and they wanted to give me the information for that so my husband could get fitted. The ladies are wearing full length gowns and I could pick anything from plum to mauve. The wedding is taking place in the NC mountains at a brewery 🤷‍♀️. What is the need to be so formal at a brewery. I guess it is a pretty special one. I did not have the nerve to say no, so it looks like we are going. I am glad that I am not drinking.My son was also very upset over my pain situation. He kept asking is there anything he could do for me. Really? You can't come and visit me so how can you do anything for me? I didn't have the cajones to say that either. The Lyrica kept my mouth shut. Drinking would not have let me do that. I would have ripped him a new one if I had been drinking.

So, as I thought, the decision had come to me. Now for a dress, is black or red between that color range 😉. I did get the okay for the rehearsal dress. I was told it didn't matter what we wore because the rehearsal dinner is just so that we can meet her parents and step parents. IDK

So this is me for right now. In about a half hour I will be a different version of me. The dementia patient version. On with today.

I hope everyone has a wonderful, sober day!

OneThing
Old 06-13-2021, 06:34 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Willow love ~ it took me 4 or 5 years to not cry every time I thought of my mum.....but now she is with me in my heart and head every day and it is wonderful.
I hear her advice, I hear her comforting me, I hear all of the things she would say in a given situation. And I can hear her laugh in my head so clearly. ❤️

.....................missed a page......reading.
Old 06-13-2021, 06:39 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hmmm.....plum to mauve hey....if it was me, I would go more for the plum shade....there are gorgeous long dresses in that shade. s
Old 06-13-2021, 07:15 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 4 weeks, Willow!

Love to see your cut, kitten. 🙂. A bob would be tough to do on yourself. They are pretty precision dependent. I sport a bob of varying lengths most of the time. You’re an early riser! I hope you got a little more sleep.

Plenny, sounds like this new job has brought much positive change to your life. That’s wonderful! It can only help with healing your heart.

Onething, hope you keep trending in the right direction with the pain. My daughter took gabapentin for chronic migraines. It was very helpful, but it is hard to wean off, similar to what you mentioned about the Lyrica. I think it’s needed though. They are similar action meds. I’m glad the wedding thing is somewhat settled. At least you’ve come to a decision.

Mr Phoebe and I plan to visit our daughter today, where she lives, and take her to lunch, and have her show us around a bit. It’s a beautiful day. There’s a very popular bbq place right by her apartment she’s wanted to try. It’s about 90 minutes away, but a nice drive.

Next weekend, we’re invited to another big party. It’s actually out of town, in NY, about 2 hours from husband’s family. We haven’t seen his family at all since December 2019, other than on zoom calls, due to the pandemic. So, we’re planning to quickly see his mom and at least a couple of sisters, Friday/Saturday, and then drive to the party destination. That party is a combo graduation party for our friends’ daughter combined with her father’s 60th birthday. There’s really not going to be an end to the post vaccination parties parade happening around here. So, I’m trying to think of tools to get through that trip sober. I’ll be a driver for the big bash, and we’re getting a hotel, so I can escape if needed. I mentioned that to husband. I’m not into 10 hour parties. I get social fatigue. I’m open to suggestions for tools, since we all know this can be a weak area for me. Short of getting divorced and being a hermit, I need to figure out how to navigate these things sober. Dh’s family likes to drink, as does this family hosting the party.

Old 06-13-2021, 07:16 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Hmmm.....plum to mauve hey....if it was me, I would go more for the plum shade....there are gorgeous long dresses in that shade. s
I agree. It’s a favorite color of mine.
Old 06-13-2021, 07:24 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

It sounds to me like you are building really good tools to deal with the party scene Phoebes. xx

Talking to your husband, having a refuge (like the hotel), being the designated driver.
Maybe you could add a few sober buddies that you can text or even call if need be....you know you have me.
And na drinks with you at the parties....a cooler in the back of the car with juice and water and mineral water maybe.

And hello dear Plenny s
Old 06-13-2021, 07:34 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
It sounds to me like you are building really good tools to deal with the party scene Phoebes. xx

Talking to your husband, having a refuge (like the hotel), being the designated driver.
Maybe you could add a few sober buddies that you can text or even call if need be....you know you have me.
And na drinks with you at the parties....a cooler in the back of the car with juice and water and mineral water maybe.

And hello dear Plenny s
Thanks Suze. 💕. The biggest risk for the weekend would be me romanticizing the drink in the moment, and successfully moderating. Then, setting up a bigger relapse at home, and getting drunk. I guess it’s progress to see it, and say it out loud before it happens. That way, I’ve a better chance of not starting that snowball.
Old 06-13-2021, 07:39 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

We currently only have one car, because hubs still working from home. We let daughter take his car to college, and she needs a car there. If we had two, I’d have an option to not go, using our son’s new job as an excuse. That’s a possible problem anyway. He’s not yet been scheduled, and we’ll need to set up rides. Or, he can talk to his boss. Kids these days really struggle with that communication thing.

Anyway, rambling through my potential strategy. Avoidance of social life can’t be my long term solution. I’m a social person in between my introverted ways, lol.
Old 06-13-2021, 07:46 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Maybe it is time for another car? Just a thought.