Notices

Class of May 2021 Support thread Part 3

Old 06-17-2021, 07:31 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the supportive words y’all.

Suze, currently I’m working on a commission of a hornets nest which has lightning shooting through it. And the hornets are morphing with the seed pods of the tree branch the nest is on.

And I’m continuing my reused plastic project. I just constantly cut and process plastic bags into other materials. I’m making it a way of life. The plastic problem on the planet is overwhelming so I decided I will just do what I can control. It’s a part of my daily life

Old 06-17-2021, 08:10 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Both sound fascinating Plenny love.
I am really keen to see what you are doing with the plastic recycle. s

Dear Free ~ hope your foot is better today and SORRY, I re-did the list in the 24 and your name is on it.

And One Thing....glad to see you there too.
Old 06-17-2021, 08:13 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

This is going to sound weird I guess, but I don't label my anxiety.
And I have some problems, I guess you would say, like agoraphobia which came back and kicked my butt due to the pandemic. (Mostly due to the pandemic).

I guess I just want to say I can relate dear kitten. s ❤️
Old 06-17-2021, 09:59 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Sorry you’re having so much anxiety, Kitten. I understand, too. 💕
Old 06-17-2021, 10:09 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

I’m very busy doing lots of little things in order to feel comfortable about traveling and leaving our son home with the dog. He’s fine, and safe, at 17 and 6’2”! But, he’s terrible about keeping any routine and feeding himself. So, just want to be sure there’s some reasonably healthy options around. So, on top of laundry, I’ll go to the grocery store, get some easy to prepare stuff, and I’ll make a batch of taco meat. I’ll get him some indulgent snacks too, and leave him some pocket money to walk for ice cream if he decides to do that. I need to put together a graduation gift to go with a card and money. Maybe some fun lights for a dorm room and things to hold photos or such. I’m not sure what I’ll find locally. I should have planned ahead better for that. Anything I order won’t arrive in time, but, they live close enough, I could deliver next week. I’ll see. My daughter really likes a certain couple of things that are good to heat some food in the microwave. But fun might trump function. She’s gorgeous, and both fashionable and athletic. I could get a bracelet or jewelry as well. Thinking out loud...

Off to get things done. 💕
Old 06-17-2021, 10:19 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

I think you might find some groovy dorm lights and things like that at the grocery store....so you could have something on hand and then get the other gifts you were thinking of. xx
Old 06-17-2021, 10:28 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Phoebe, sounds like you are busy! 17 year old boys will eat anything that is not nailed down. I remember those days with my son and stepson. It didn't matter if it good food like fruit, salads, left overs or if it was Twinkies, cookies and ice cream. It was all gone in no time. Cereal was particular favorite that they would pour into serving bowls. They were a lot of work but I so miss those days.

All your other ideas sound great. Have fun shopping!
Old 06-17-2021, 11:25 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I think you might find some groovy dorm lights and things like that at the grocery store....so you could have something on hand and then get the other gifts you were thinking of. xx
I wish! You must have a huge Wegman’s, lol. But, I do have TJMaxx(hit or miss), CVS, Paperstore(Hallmark/gift shop). Hopefully I’ll find something! I could go to Target, but that’s an hour lost to driving. My town is a bit rural for a suburb. No big stores here. There is fabulous shopping in the Syracuse area, part of our destination, but, our time to visit is so brief, it might be rude to pop out to shop. But, it’s a possible option.
Old 06-17-2021, 11:30 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Thanks Onething! My guy has become rather picky. He’s just so lazy about fixing stuff for himself, and will grab the snacks and ice cream if left on his own. He will fix a taco, lol. It’s more like a burrito because I get the huge tortillas for him.
Old 06-17-2021, 11:32 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Never heard of Wegman's
Kroger, Lowes, also Home Depot near by xxxxxx
Old 06-17-2021, 12:03 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

omg I love this! x

Sorry, but if I asked where the groovy lights were located in Publix, Whole Foods or Trader Joe's I'm pretty sure I'd have a security guard following me around the store! lmao!
Do grocery stores even have security guards? Either way they'd thing I was high as a kite.
Old 06-17-2021, 12:14 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Never heard of Wegman's
Oh, Wegman’s is HUGE. Well, at least the one near our extended family in central NY state. They really do have so much more than groceries.

My laundry is done. Off to run the errands. 👍🏻

Funny Kitten. The stores near me are small local grocery chains, one old small Stop and Shop, and we do have a Trader Joes. The big stores are about 30 minutes. So, an hour round trip.

Sticking close today, friends. Stress equals a loud AV. Having some travel anxiety too.
Old 06-17-2021, 12:35 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Well I dunno ladies.....we have plenty of groovy lights etc in our local Kroger.
(2 mins drive).
Old 06-17-2021, 01:38 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Never heard of Wegman's
I’ve never heard of any of these
Old 06-17-2021, 01:40 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kittencat View Post
omg I love this! x

Sorry, but if I asked where the groovy lights were located in Publix, Whole Foods or Trader Joe's I'm pretty sure I'd have a security guard following me around the store! lmao!
Do grocery stores even have security guards? Either way they'd thing I was high as a kite.
Haha I’ve never heard of these either.
But I think if I asked where the groovy lights were in Coles Or Woolies, they’d look at me like a weido and tell me to go to a lighting shop. Or perhaps try Bunnings
Old 06-17-2021, 01:44 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by phoebe64 View Post
Thanks Onething! My guy has become rather picky. He’s just so lazy about fixing stuff for himself, and will grab the snacks and ice cream if left on his own. He will fix a taco, lol. It’s more like a burrito because I get the huge tortillas for him.
haha I think it’s a teenager thing? Ours goes through phases of absolutely loving one food type, but then she’s over it and onto something else. So we have all of this stuff that goes out of date unless I eat it. I hate wasting food but I don’t like eating some of the weird stuff she had a fad for. Strange creatures teenagers
Old 06-17-2021, 01:48 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

3 weeks Onething! That’s fantastic, well done
Old 06-17-2021, 01:55 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Right, me and my 'groovy lights' are leaving the building now.

Old 06-17-2021, 02:00 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Right, me and my 'groovy lights' are leaving the building now.
No! I really want some groovy lights too
I actually really want some of those solar ones like you have in your garden Suze, they’re gorgeous
I might have to go online shopping for them though, no groovy light shops near where I live
I did look in Bunnings but they’re all pretty standard ones, no funky bright colours that I could find.
Old 06-17-2021, 02:02 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

I got a lovely Vera Bradley toiletry/cosmetics bag. Those are always useful, and the print is sort of brachytherapy/summery. Her college is on the ocean, plus it’s summer here. I’ll try to find a few things to put into it, and give it with some money in the card too. These are very good lifelong friends, man is from hubs childhood and the families were close grownup. They are really like family. 💕